Kid - Gothic Farm V1.11

Started by kid1293, October 03, 2017, 08:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Kid - Gothic Farm V1.11

https://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=370

A small add-on to Gothic Fantasy.
Now there is life beyond the walls.

V1.01 - A small fix for the broken pasture menu.
V1.1  - Added Gothic Fantasy textures to Jam House, Mill, and Mill Storage.
V1.11 - Fixed too-high mill numbers

It adds:
3 Farm Houses 3x3+1 for 5 persons
Mill with overlapping.
Foundation for the mill. Storage = 8000.
Beekeeper which occasionally gives apple or beeswax.
Jam House to get good use of the honey.
Farm Storage. Capacity = 12000.
A fenceless, min 6x6, max 32x32 Pasture. Costs only work to build.
I have added Oats as a crop. For the mill to make flour.

brads3

i have to ask. does this require a worker for each worplace or does the whole farm function with just 2 workers?

kid1293

Each item is separate. Beekeeper, Jam House, Pasture and Mill.

galensgranny

This is really nice!  I like how the beekeeper looks with the apple trees.

Goblin Girl

Wonderful mod!  And now, I have to start yet another new game to use these buildings.   :D   Thanks for all your work.

kid1293

Keep playing @Goblin Girl  ! You are safe from me for a while. ;)

brads3

i found a loop.the jam shop doesn't store honey.the workplace mead still does store the honey and uses it so i don't think it is my mod order.

Abandoned

@brads3 Do you mean you are not getting jam from the jam shop?  In Haunted Hollow story 19 I use Gothic Farm and built jam shop, I had no problem making jam from apples and honey.  Maybe it is your mod order.

Edit: In Gothic Farm it is Jam House, I believe in Kid Colonial mod it is Jam Shop.  I used Gothic Farm Jam House with no problem.  Don't know if that helps any

kid1293

My only explanation is that there is a mod that changes honey flags.

I have the same flags as the examples apiary file.
Edible | Protein | Fruit | Vegetable | Grain

In both Jam SHOP and Jam HOUSE I have only Fruit | Vegetable

If someone makes honey - grain or edible only - they will not be stored.
I have limited the jam production flags to avoid storing all sorts of food.

Sorry, I have no solution than to write the same code as 'someone else' has done.
I don't know what that code is.

embx61

It was done because the honey by Luke is way overpowered.
All 4 food groups for 1 food product.

So if players put down Lukes Apiary all the bannies ever need is honey to get the benefit of all 4 food groups.
I think Red changed it to Edible | Grain and i guess CC did the same or vise versa.

That Apiary also produced a lot a year (thousands of units?) as players/modders found out and in some mods which include Luke's apiary the output was toned down.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Goblin Girl

The little beekeepers made by DS have honey as fruit, or comb honey which is both fruit and protein.  I think in CC it's a fruit now. 

brads3

honey coming from KID's apple and bee farm. jam house won't store the honey to make strawberry jam. does store strawberry. odd part is the mini brewery for the workplace mod does use the honey to make mead. i do have the flora mod this time. maybe the jamhouse can't differentiate honey and wild honey?

embx61

Did not know some modders used different food group(s) for honey.
But I can see because what is honey exactly? Protein? Fruit? Grain? Vegetable?
Luke did not really know either i guess so added them all but "forgot" it is overpowered.

I think Kid can just add the two other food groups to his jam building as the worker will not store stuff in there even if it has a storage flag for it but is a resource the worker not need.

Red made us aware of that about a year ago so even if a modder put all the flags as storage in a production building the worker will not store what he not need to create his production.
So a blacksmith will not add food in storage to make tools even when the storage part has Edible set as storage flag :)

embx61

@brads3
You have one of Red's Mods above Kid's mod?
I know that honey is set Edible | Grain by Red and if Red's mod is above Kid's it will overwrite Kids honey file so it will not store the honey because the jam house only allows flags Fruit and Vegetable so not grain.

elemental

Quote from: embx61 on July 31, 2018, 04:33:02 PM
Did not know some modders used different food group(s) for honey.
But I can see because what is honey exactly? Protein? Fruit? Grain? Vegetable?

In terms of Banished, that's a very good question. Honey is basically sugars, which doesn't really fit into any of the Banished food groups. Fruit has lots of sugar in it, but it also has vitamins and fibre. Sugars are carbs and grains are carbs, but honey isn't a grain, although honey does store well, like a grain. But Banished doesn't have any type of food spoilage system so that isn't really an issue. Honey definitely isn't a protein or a vegetable. In terms of Banished food groups you could probably call honey either grain or fruit, but making honey both a fruit and a grain is overpowered in my opinion.

But even if it is overpowered I don't really care that much. I like having bees and honey in my towns. The crops and orchards need pollinating.  :)