Author Topic: Nilla-testing the North6  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Turis

• Trader
Re: Nilla-testing the North6
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2018, 07:44:34 AM »
The Warriors reach your village and start roaming the area and vandalizing all buildings, screaming, 'Fish... We want fish!' all the time. After a while, they just walk around, still yelling, 'Fish... We want fish' all day and night tirelessly.

Online brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2018, 08:51:44 AM »
LOL. i have seen the bannies do strange things for no reason.glad in your case it solved itself. i stripped the registry and reloaded a few mods at a time for a week trying to find a quirky glitch. the pine mod workers wanted to help the builder and stopped working thier workplaces and wouldn't collect food.never could force it to happen again or understand why.they are bannies and have minds of their own.glad yours was minor.

Offline Turis

• Trader
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2018, 02:33:35 AM »
I was hoping that Nilla would write a short story about a possible battle, but, obviously, she doesn't want to play with me so... nevermind.

Offline Nilla

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2018, 04:55:56 AM »
I'm sorry @Turis, I'm no @Abandoned. My talent for making stories is very limited, but wait, there might be something later.........I guess your looters are lost in the deep forests and haven't found the right village yet. ;) The merchants have brought rumours about some southern savages, only eating raw fish, messing around with the people in some remote villages. The inhabitants of Elkville, true viking decedents are more amused than worried, but some do bring their pitch forks, axes and scythes into their houses, instead of leaving them at work. Just in case..........

No looters, so the game runs smooth. I only made 2 screenshots yesterday.

First picture

I've built the big forester. It was probably too early in the game. I would like to sell more wood. It's a good profit, but the trading docks are small and can't store much, so the forester is much unemployed. There are many laborers and in winter they don't have much other things to do, than to pick firewood and the logs needed to build are cleared on building sites and for "landscaping". I'm trying to create a birch forest in the chapel area.

Second picture

Finally enough rooftiles to build a school. This is certainly a village of young folks rebellion. I wanted the three kids; Noellen, Hely and Marceli to attend school, but no, they refused and became laborers just before the school was opened.

Randt was 16 last year, but instead of moving to one of the single girls 18 and 21 years old he moved in with the 30 years old widow Benity and her three children.  ::)

I just realized, that there's no brick/rooftiles needed for the city hall. I could have built it years ago. I have had glass for a long time. But it doesn't matter. It's under construction now.

Offline Nilla

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2018, 04:43:30 AM »
The merchants told more stories about looting hordes from the south. The many single teenage girls have started to ask questions about them. Saying, that if they are young and handsome, they may come and stay. They need husbands; real men and the young boys in this village is no pleasure to see; too few and too meek. They tell the merchants, if they see any foreigners, to tell them about the many beautiful, tall, blond girls in this village. They promise to cook fish every day. They may even serve it raw, if needed. Just as long as they don't have to eat the fish raw themselves. The old folks are a bit torn about this talk. Some try to hold the girls back, not wanting any strangers in the peaceful village. Other people, especially the parents of the girls, say that they are well capable to tame the wildest barbarian and they need to get a husband, the sooner the better.............

First picture

First you can see my birch forest around the chapel and town hall.

The graphs shows the population- and the "not schoolbook" looking food graph. It was obvious, that I had to take some action; two more trading docks. That's the trick, when you don't farm. The trick and the only way to support your population. No field spamming, instead trading port spamming.

I keep one house menu open up in the left corner. It's the oldest boy. As you might have understood, there are a lot of young girls, but I will not build a new house until the first boy is 16.

Second picture

You can see my store. I have bought a lot of rye and wheat and processed it to flour and bread. Even if people have rye, wheat and flour in there houses, more bread was made than bought grain.

You can also see a part of what I sell. There's also furs and wool. I buy wheat, rye, bread, vegetables and tools. But why @Tom Sawyer are turnips more expensive than other vegetables?

Third picture

People start to leave school. Students who live very close to school graduate with 14 (blue). But you don't have to live far away to make it 16.(red) I think, the time in school is as good as it can get.

The third menu open is my first fully educated couple. I plan to make a fully educated village on the other side of the river. So they soon will have to move.