News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Specialized Markets with Specialized Storage

Started by Chon Waen, March 01, 2015, 12:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chon Waen

This one hit me between the eyes like a hammer.

Initially, I was thinking it would be cool to combine a first story specialized market structure (like Slink's, but with different storage capacities) with Red's 2nd and 3rd story residences.  Then I realized something that would work even better: A specialized storehouse above the market instead! These storehouses would only hold the same materials that is provided by the vendor underneath (ie the smithy market storehouse would only hold logs, iron, and coal)

I'm providing only a basic, generic layout for simplicity's sake.

Sorry for the ascii layout, just using a crappy iphone for internets right now.
Key: ^ = road access square, x=dirt square, o=overlay square

Small market layout:
^^^^
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
Storage =1200

Storehouse layout:
^^oooo^^
<xoooox>
<xoooox>
<xoooox>
<xoooox>
<xxxxxx>
Storage capacity=4800

Why did I choose my capacity numbers as I did?
Its based on total dirt squares.

A standard market occupies 144 dirt squares, and these smaller markets occupy 16. This is a 9:1 ratio. The standard market holds 10,000 weight of goods. The maths then say the smaller markets should hold 1111.1 weight each. I rounded up to 1200.

The overall footprint of the overlaying storehouse is very similar to that of a storage barn which holds 6000 weight apiece. So a barn (6000) minus the market(1200)=4800.

I'm thinking a max 2 workers per specialized market (like slink's).

Opinions? Overpowered? 
@slink would this be stepping on your toes?
@RedKetchup would this be something you'd be interested in moddling with?

RedKetchup

i would rather do a 1st floor that goes under the Medieval Houses as specialized markets :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Chon Waen

Okie doke. If they are going to have the same footprint as your current medieval 1st floor houses, I would go with a weight capacity of 1400 then (10,000/ (144/20) = 1388.8)

RedKetchup

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 01, 2015, 05:03:19 PM
i would rather do a 1st floor that goes under the Medieval Houses as specialized markets :)
like this?

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Gatherer

Brilliant!!!

Now I just have to download this Specialized Markets mod.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Bobbi

@assobanana76, I love your market street created with @RedKetchup Medieval Houses and Colonial Charter Markets. You are so creative! I think I steal that idea.

Gatherer

Can those stalls be found as a separate mod?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Chon Waen

I guess I should get the CC mod... Been having fun working with and providing suggests for medieval tho, have somewhat limited internets, etc. etc. <yawn>...

OK, OK! I'm just a lazy bastard! I admit it!!!

Bobbi

@Gatherer "Can those stalls be found as a separate mod?" (Quoting doesn't seem to work for me)

No, it's all or nothing, must download entire CC Mod. It is a great mod, but it does change your game play.

assobanana76

Quote from: Bobbi on March 02, 2015, 09:17:50 AM
@assobanana76, I love your market street created with @RedKetchup Medieval Houses and Colonial Charter Markets. You are so creative! I think I steal that idea.
the market can be improved!
I did it in 10 minutes!
but the individual stalls staggered (rather than facing each other) would give more movement allowing the insertion of more decorations ..
I still leading to a long market "covered" by the 3rd floors but I have yet to study the various entrances to the houses .. and the various dimensions ..
If you loved this project done in a hurry then visit the post "Las Vegans" .. there you will find many other ideas to steal .. are there for you too!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

even if sometimes i can be upset on how people use my mods sometimes.... i can admit... you are very creative :)

for that... i will fix the wood pillar that lack to the front left... and fix the 'inside' view of the 2nd and 3rd lvl stairways :)

assobanana76

I can't say how to thank you!!!
really great!!
yesterday I DL latest beta version.. tommorrow i will post my farm!!