News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Strange Problem with RKEditor Choice & Barns/Markets

Started by phyllida, February 09, 2019, 02:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phyllida

Been playing for past 2 weeks using RK Editor Choice (above MM8 in mod list). No problems except 1....each time I get above a certain number around 100, the bannies start going mental and emptying the barns and markets stacking everything outside...then food levels drop and everyone starts dying. They run like crazy taking out of the barn putting a bit back in then out then in and out over and over! No clue why...built a market today and they did the same with that! Also today for the first time I built an RK dock Town Hall, nomads came, stayed put and promptly died of starvation....wouldn't move from in front of the town hall just went a few steps left and right until they died.
Help would be appreciated as I do like using this mod a lot :)

Jinxiewinxie

I haven't even the suggestion of an idea as to why that's happening but I need a few screenshots, heh! Sounds crazy and I wanna be a witness now =)

I built someone's little nodded tent once and my bannies kept bringing firewood to it and back to the stockyards, as if the storage on the building was broken. Maybe something similar is going on for you but in a larger scale?

brads3

did you check the BL site on the barn problem? that has happened for a while. usually the bannies empty ,and sort, and restock it. quite strange if it is hapening to all barns at the same time.i had no issues with the dock TH. do you have pics of it? maybe they had no way to walk that was not blocked.
sounds like conflicts with the MM.

RedKetchup

this is generally a conflit with the pathing of something, a building. if you used docks, make sure they have their "walking" roads.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

phyllida

Quote from: brads3 on February 09, 2019, 04:40:25 PM
did you check the BL site on the barn problem? that has happened for a while. usually the bannies empty ,and sort, and restock it. quite strange if it is hapening to all barns at the same time.i had no issues with the dock TH. do you have pics of it? maybe they had no way to walk that was not blocked.

I've been playing again this evening and it only seems to occur (so far) when I use the RK docks and put a barn there. The used the dock barn a little but then went to the other 2 barns and my market and started shifting things around, piling them up outside the barn & market then moving them to the other barn and then back again!
I'll play a long game tomorrow and get some screen shots for you  :)

There were no blockages on the docks from the Town Hall at all as other bannies were walking about fine....1 nomad escaped as he somehow got around the back and then fell in the water and then up the banking to the grass lol

RedKetchup

the resources created on docks will be an obstacle to pathing if it spawn in the middle of the path....
resources are considerated as an obstacle.

the space i leave in front of each building is own by the building itself. this is why i cared to add some space but today i noticed i maybe did wrong because people tend to think they are streets.

Nilla

I´m pretty sure Red is right about access to the barn entry. I can report from a related problem I had yesterday, that I solved by building more dock roads. I don´t totally understand how it works, though.

I built a fishing dock and a small barn, first picture. (The part with an X wasn´t there from the start.) People began to carry goods to and away from this small barn all the time. Assigned fisher also became homeless. (You can see the same, if a builder is lost on a dock part, where the connection is finished after this building).

The first thing I made to fix this was the X part in the first picture. My idea was to make a proper road access to barn and fishing dock. It didn´t help. It didn´t work properly until I surrounded the dock with roads. In fact, it doesn´t work totally "normal" this way either. The function of barn and fishing dock are normal but when the fisher walk from home (or some other place) to his work, he walks on the red lines and avoids the entrance from the barn.

My guess is that the initial problem comes from building the fisher and barn directly connected to each other. Next time I will use at least 1 small walking piece in between and generally use more road parts.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on February 10, 2019, 04:15:07 AM
I´m pretty sure Red is right about access to the barn entry. I can report from a related problem I had yesterday, that I solved by building more dock roads. I don´t totally understand how it works, though.

i am gonna try ^^

on the land, even if you dont have roads, the ground still exist at slow speed, and if there is a resource that is an obstacle is lying on the ground, citizens can go around it more easy because it is open and every tile can be walked through.
on the water, every tiles are water. and water is a tile you cannot walk on. so you are creating roads and open space with buildings. the buildings are changing and terraforming the tiles from water (impassable) to passable. but if you block that passage, with an obstacle, the pathway get broken because there is no way to go around it, the next tiles around it are all water tiles.

Nilla

Thanks, that I understand. But why don´t the fisher walk on the tiles in front of the barn? Why did I have to build all the road tiles around the barn before the problems disappeared? Both parts in front of the barn weren´t enough to make the problems go away.

RedKetchup

i need to add + 1 row of tiles ? make it 1 tile larger ?
or ask them to walk through the building ? there are only 1 row of tiles on the side to walk... and crate of fish is spawning there....

edit: i just added the ability to walk through the walls of the fishing dock piece.

phyllida

Quote from: brads3 on February 09, 2019, 04:40:25 PM

Yup had a look on BL Its not all the barns....its 2 barns out of 4 and my market...the bannies are going in and out of each barn & market fast taking out then putting back until most food is outside the buildings and then they starve

phyllida

Couple of screen shots where you can see they have started emptying the barn..then they put a bit back then take it out again. As you can see nice array of foodstuffs outside the barn and none stored the barn was originally 68% full and the highest it will go for just a few seconds now is 27% then it immediately drops back down to 22% and now people are starting to starve. Strangely this is a new game and it started almost immediately usually its around 100 bannies

Nilla

RedKetchup

destroy it and redo a new one at another spot. maybe there are haunted ghosts there

phyllida

Quote from: Nilla on February 10, 2019, 03:20:16 PM
What happens if you demolish the barn?

It continues with any existing barn....I have 2 barns on that game and if I destroy 1 it starts on the other. On my other game last night I had 4 barns and it was happening with 2 I think it was, 3 at first then when I built the market it moved to the market instead so I ended up with 2 barns and a market emptying and 2 barns working sort of....the bannies wouldn't take foodstuff to the other 2 barns though they just stayed at the same level