News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

New Year, New Mod assortment

Started by Goblin Girl, January 05, 2021, 09:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goblin Girl

So I've finally decided to do the work to find the parts of Megamod that I want and use.  I removed Megamod, but left the assorted newer mods (probably about 40 of them) that I typically use.  The game Did Not Like It.  No crashes, but the window would not maximize.  So, I removed all mods, and am now in the process of adding them one at a time, starting the game, enabling the mod, opening a map, checking to see if the mod is ok, exiting the game.  Lather, rinse, and repeat.  Good lord it's annoying and time consuming.  So, I decided to add three housing mods at once, and see how that went.  It was fine.  I added multiple deco mods at once.  Also fine.  My next test will be adding a couple theme sets at once. 

I know Kralyerg is working on Megamod 9, with the goal of including every single mod that now exists.  No, thank you.  My computer can handle all that bloat, but there's so much even in Megamod 8 that I do not and will not ever use.  I had been keeping it because of some of the UI options that I don't want to be without.  Come to find out, they're all in CC, along with the crops and dock set that I like. 

I know some of you change mods pretty frequently.  Is that because you don't like the bloat of having them all in the windata folder?  Or is there another reason?

brads3

i move mods in and out partly depending on what i plan to build. but yes most is due to not having enuf memory.have to pick and choose which mods to load winhin the limits of our computers.i try to on;y push the memory use to 90%.

if you post a list of the mod order and what issues you are having,i can take a look and try to solve them. have you aded the mod manager? it will save lots of time. no need to start and exit and restart the game each time you change the mod order either. it is also handy for keeping copies of different mod orders.

the older versions of the CC mod are smaller file sizes. they do use the older  limit flags but may help with memory depending on what parts from the CC you want.

Goblin Girl

Thanks, Brad.  Since I removed everything and started rebuilding a few at a time, I haven't had a single problem.  However, one thing I expect will trip me up is the flax issue. Megamod used one of the patches, and for the most part things worked.  Not 100% though.

But now I'm going to have to grab the correct patch, and I don't know which one it is.  I want whatever one will make Kid's tailors able to create linen coats from the flax that can be grown or gathered.

I have never used the mod manager, and never needed it.  Now that I'm about half done adding back mods, I don't really feel like starting over yet again.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: Goblin Girl on January 05, 2021, 10:32:34 AM

I have never used the mod manager, and never needed it.  Now that I'm about half done adding back mods, I don't really feel like starting over yet again.
You don't need to start over if you wanted to begin using Mod Manager. Mod Manager will read your mods in the order that you now have them set, all you have to do is tell Mod Manager to "Read from Game"; then after it reads your mods in the order that you have them set you save that as a profile with a name. From that point on you can add and remove mods as much as you want without having to do the [start, exit, restart] hassle.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

brads3

i have several flaxes. usually 2 at least in the inventory. Necor's flax patch doesn't seem to fix all mods. the mod manager could sill be handy. it works outside banished. like an extra program. can move mods even when not in game.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=303

would be handy to have the debugger to test that and see if you only have 1 flax in the inventory. for KID's mods i use the wild west mod with the flax garden. then you know that flax will work for his linen clothes.

tuggistar

By the way Megamod 9 Public Beta already exists. Went out for testing just before Christmas. With a completely new and rebuilt menu.
And it looks amazing!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Banished/comments/kjmnju/megamod_9_public_beta/

I have a new PC with an Intel processor® Pentium® Gold G5400 and a video card ASUS GEFORCE GTX 1050TI and with 64RAM, and Megamod 9 works fine. As for long downloads, I in that old PC with LGA775, and the new PC, did not care on that. Just by the way for those who have a lot of mods and is long start of the game.

Megamod 9 is working well now.

Goblin Girl

Quote from: brads3 on January 05, 2021, 02:30:36 PM
for KID's mods i use the wild west mod with the flax garden. then you know that flax will work for his linen clothes.
I use his Settler's theme set that has a flax garden.  I suppose it's the same?  Should it load first?  And will it make flax grow in the wild, or only in the garden? (I haven't done anymore work on this project since I first posted this a couple days ago).

Banished2020

Cool Looking forward to MegaMod 9 full version

brads3

you can try it but i doubt moving the mod will have any effect on other modded flax.you could try Necora's flora patch. that is suppose to be Tandy's flax which i believe is what KID uses also.