News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

[Beta] Tree Of Life

Started by Darkbibou, March 12, 2015, 01:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chillzz

Quote from: Darkbibou on May 20, 2015, 12:46:11 AM
By the way, I'm thinking of removing a part of the starting conditions (the 4 "Trees" and maybe the 4 "Animals" starting conditions) from the mod.

Actually, I want to make the pasture animals produce skin instead of leather like the wild animals do (to give a greater role to the tannery) but I can't do that if I keep the "Trees" starting conditions.

What do you guys think about it ? Are you using those special starting conditions ?
I only use ToL full, so dropping tree only and animals only wouldn't be bad at all for me.
for people playing "vegan" style it shouldn't matter either.. they just don't hunt the animals, i don't see a problem there either.
actually for me "tree of life" sounds it need all life, so animals and trees ;) if you're willing to make use of it or not ..

support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

mellowtraumatic

I love this mod. It gives so much more variety with hunting. Tannery works well and I can keep my townsfolk well clothed as a result.  ;D

Paeng

Quote from: Darkbibou on May 20, 2015, 12:46:11 AMI'm thinking of removing a part of the starting conditions (the 4 "Trees" and maybe the 4 "Animals" starting conditions) from the mod.

Makes good sense to me, these distinctions always seemed a bit contrived to me... In my opinion, Full ToL is all that's needed...

QuoteI want to make the pasture animals produce skin instead of leather like the wild animals do (to give a greater role to the tannery)

Unnecessary if you stick to "Full"...

On another note - I'm not too happy about your plans of rolling in even more outside mods (like ancient trees, beautiful world etc.)... these mods make systems rather sensitive... to avoid saying unstable...  ;)
I'm not sure where ToL benefits from incorporating them... but I'm sure that I won't use ToL if it rolls too much stuff into one, possibly up to a point where things (might) crash...

ToL is a fine mod, with some potential to "clean up" and stabilize things - I really do not see why you would want (or need) to "pump" it up with plenty force... most of the time, less is more  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Darkbibou

Quote from: Paeng on May 21, 2015, 08:01:33 AM
QuoteI want to make the pasture animals produce skin instead of leather like the wild animals do (to give a greater role to the tannery)

Unnecessary if you stick to "Full"...

If feels more logical to me to have all animals producing skins instead of just the wild ones.

Quote from: Paeng on May 21, 2015, 08:01:33 AM
On another note - I'm not too happy about your plans of rolling in even more outside mods (like ancient trees, beautiful world etc.)... these mods make systems rather sensitive... to avoid saying unstable...  ;)
I'm not sure where ToL benefits from incorporating them... but I'm sure that I won't use ToL if it rolls too much stuff into one, possibly up to a point where things (might) crash...

ToL is a fine mod, with some potential to "clean up" and stabilize things - I really do not see why you would want (or need) to "pump" it up with plenty force... most of the time, less is more  :)

I have no plan to add any other mods in ToL.

I've added the concept of ancient trees to ToL for two reasons:

- To compensate the decrease of production of some resources caused by the presence of the Fruit trees on the map
- Because you can't have two mods that modifies the starting conditions at the same time (end users will no longer have to choose between ToL and BeautfulWorld now)

By the way, I've not added the raw code of Owlchemist BeautifulWorld mod into ToL. I've just taken some values from it :)

One last thing, the version 1.0 will stay available on Banished Info even after the release of version 2.0 so everyone will be able to select its favorite version !

RedKetchup

Quote from: Darkbibou on May 21, 2015, 10:22:39 AM
If feels more logical to me to have all animals producing skins instead of just the wild ones.

but what will happend to the milk from cattle ? you will modify the LivestockCow.rsc file ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Darkbibou

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 21, 2015, 10:39:01 AM
Quote from: Darkbibou on May 21, 2015, 10:22:39 AM

but what will happend to the milk from cattle ? you will modify the LivestockCow.rsc file ?

It is already modified in Version 1.0 (I have modified the number of "unit" of leather that user gets by killed cow because I've reduced the number of leather contained in a unit).

Based on the feedbacks, my modifications does not affect the milk production.

I assume that its because I'm only overriding the "AnimalDescription animal" entry of the LivestockCow.rsc file.

The milk is defined as in the "_additionalRawMaterial" variable of the "LivestockDescription livestock" entry right ? :)

RedKetchup

i dunno. i dont remember ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

chillzz

somehow the limit of the tannery is still linked to max clothing.
text shows it's coupled to the food limit, yet when clothing limit is reached, the tannery has limit icon too and work stops.

Darkbibou

Quote from: chillzz on May 27, 2015, 05:23:26 PM
somehow the limit of the tannery is still linked to max clothing.
text shows it's coupled to the food limit, yet when clothing limit is reached, the tannery has limit icon too and work stops.

Thanks for the information, I'll check that during the week-end :)

Lyrrix

Forgive me if this question has already been answered in this thread, but,

Is there any way to tame or capture wild animals and add them to pasture stocks, or start a new stock from wild animals?

If there isn't, would you consider adding this capability?

EDIT: Also, why is the tannery limit attached to clothing? Shouldn't it be attached to leather, since it produces leather, not clothes?

chillzz

Quote from: Lyrrix on June 07, 2015, 08:17:25 AM
Is there any way to tame or capture wild animals and add them to pasture stocks, or start a new stock from wild animals?
nope, not yet..  seems it's impossible with current modkit and game limits.
I've asked the same thing and tried to think of some possibilities to make it happen.. so far no luck.

Quote from: Lyrrix on June 07, 2015, 08:17:25 AM
EDIT: Also, why is the tannery limit attached to clothing? Shouldn't it be attached to leather, since it produces leather, not clothes?
there isn't a leather limit in game, so clothes was the most fitting. (something with in game flag system or something.. )
actually version 2 should have been coupled with the food limit, after some thinking by @Darkbibou  ( and some complaints ? on another board), however it's still tied to the clothing, not to the food.. (which too me is still the most logical thing)

Darkbibou

@chillzz is correct for both answers.

It seems impossible to make a building generate a living animal with the current modkit.

The number of limit in the current version of the game is limited and modders can't add new ones.

There is a Textile limit in the game but it's uncomplete and unusable.

Concerning version 2.0, I had no time to work on it recently..

I might have more time after the release of the French version of CC:CotGL and the release of the version 9.0 of my French Translation Package (I had to enlarge several cells on several windows due to new resources added in CC).

DesoPL

Old version still works fine with new CC, i can confirm that. :)

Xenon89

Hey, I really like your mod. Would it be possible to exclude the tanner profession out of your mod? I really like the extra profession and production step for producing clothes. But I acutally don't like the part with the wild pasture animals. It would be nice if you could publishe the tanner on its own, to just add the production step from animal skin (deer and cows) to leather :)

assobanana76

Quote from: DesoPL on June 08, 2015, 10:43:59 AM
Old version still works fine with new CC, i can confirm that. :)
I have not tried it yet but a friend on Steam told me that ToL does not work with CC: CGL..  :-\
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!