News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Welcome New Members!

Started by Admin, July 08, 2014, 03:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voeille

I guess I should say hello :) I registered to download mods (awesome job everyone), and I've also been reading random topics with a lot of useful info. I got Banished this year (got about 500h in so far), so I'm a bit late to the party, but it's a great game and I'm glad I decided to give it a go when I saw it mentioned on Cities Skylines forums.

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Welcome on World of Banished @Voeille !!!  :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

NinjaPickle

Hi all, I have been playing banished about a year now, and still loving it. Mostly because of the fantastic mods you guys keep releasing,
a huge thanks to all the modders!
I'm trying to work through Blender with the aim of giving something back, but dont hold your breath lol.

RedKetchup

Tsar Lyagushka

Hello everyone ! I decided to register after that I played more than 500 hours (96 hours on Steam version, the 404 hours left were played on GOG version) on Banished. I tried most of the mods present here and I enjoy the game more thanks to it. I have recently provided a French translation for the Nordic expansion of @Tom Sawyer. If anyone else wants I provide a French translation of their mods, let me know and I will be glad to do it for you :)
I'm able to translate your mods in French (Native) and Italian (Level 6 EQF)

[b]Destiny may ride with us today, but there is no reason for it to interfere with lunch. (c) [/b]

Peter the Great

Gatherer

Welcome to the forum and hope you have a great time here.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Bienvenue sur World of Banished , @Tsar Lyagushka !

Tsar Lyagushka

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 24, 2018, 05:17:23 PM
Bienvenue sur World of Banished , @Tsar Lyagushka !

Merci RedKetchup :) J'aime beaucoup votre pack pour faire une ville médiévale, je l'ai utilisé souvent dans certaines cartes.

Quote from: Gatherer on June 24, 2018, 11:57:08 AM
Welcome to the forum and hope you have a great time here.

I'm sure I will with all the mods to test ;D
I'm able to translate your mods in French (Native) and Italian (Level 6 EQF)

[b]Destiny may ride with us today, but there is no reason for it to interfere with lunch. (c) [/b]

Peter the Great

Jewelz

I guess I should say hello over here.

52 year old Lady who was young, hip, and cool once! ;D

I'm a long time gamer. I have played pen and paper D&D, and Original Warcraft turn-based strategy games, along with other desktop games like civilization, and the Ultima series.

Started playing MMORPGs with Everquest, then Everquest 2, then WoW. In between WoW breaks, I discovered this little game on Steam called Banished! I played vanilla up to about 75% of the achievements (about 2 years.)

I was inspired to try other city building games and played sim city societies for a bit, but there just wasn't any challenge in it and it got old fast. I went back to re-install Banished, and it was then that I discovered mods. Ha!

I think Colonial Charter was my first and only one for quite some time, but then I decided to see if there was a way to slow aging down a bit. Then I went mod-crazy.

Anyway, every time I think I'm done, I see a new mod and I come back.

RedKetchup

Very welcome @Jewelz !!!

me too i played D&D and AD&D pen and paper for like 10 years :)
although i didnt played alot of age of empire / original warcraft.... i played World of Warcraft for 6-7 years.
i played heroes of might and magic.... civilization 4 and 5 ... i hate the civ 6. even today, everyday, i still play civV :)
i also played the super nintendo turn based game.

i do mods all the time for banished... but i rarely play it LOL

Jewelz

I think the Civ I played all the way through to the very end was Civ 3? It was in the '90's sometime. When I tried playing Civ again, it was one of the newer ones and I hated it. :( I wish my 12 year old son could somehow play the version I did. I learned SO much history from that game!

Goblin Girl

Quote from: Jewelz on July 13, 2018, 04:00:45 PM
I'm a long time gamer. I have played pen and paper D&D,
Yay, another tabletop gamer!  I play Pathfinder every other Sunday.  I'm 62.  I'm the oldest in my gaming group, but only by 3 years. 

And what are you saying?  We're still hip and cool.  Young, not so much.  But the rest lives on.   8)

elana

Thank you all for kind welcome.  And especially you, RK.   I have enjoyed Banished - and your mods - even with its trial and error approach to learning to play well.
  @Banished:  Play Colonial Charter 175 (now 176) with minor mods added, mainly additional bridges, and the larger families mod.  Most recently I came across RK's  Editor's Choice - trying the FULL version (loaded before CC) as I am enthralled with the canal options and green houses.   One question:  is there a summary anywhere of the new buildings, production chains introduced by Editor's Choice?  I've looked - Nada.
  @ me:  Just retired from helping professional career.  Upstate NY, (Canadian border), considering moving to NYC, as I am finally (finally!!  yea!!) doing what I love, writing screen plays.  Five done so far.  One screen play is a sequel - novel and episodic versions also partially done.
  @ other games I play and/or mod (fairly often):   
      Children of the Nile (sandbox like Banished).  Like the H.O.R.U.S graphic mod.
      Elder Scroll games:  Morrowind - Cyrodiil ("Oblivion") - Skyrim.
      Fallout: 2, 3, New Vegas, 4 (took my graduate degree in Boston - so 4 is quite nostalgic).
      Universe.
      Fallen Enchantress.
      Europa Univarsalis.
    Two older games I played that I feel were (are) outstanding:
      Torment.
      Mask of the Betrayer.

I hope this is sufficient for an introduction to these forums.

Be well, 
Do as you would be done by

RedKetchup

you are welcome @elana  :)

thanks you for playing my mods :)

unfortunatly, since i am alone for doing all my own things, i dont really have the time to write down everything. The CC crew were 3-4 and even 5 people, someone was on graphic, another on the code, another to testing... another one on the wiki....

everything is very time consuming. and writing a wiki... thats alot of work. at some point, someone offer himself to help but... disappeared being quiet about the help offered.
i try to write the most stats on the tooltips to let people know but sometimes i forget.

still hoping you enjoy it !