News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taniu

with us it's called April Fool's Day - we're doing pranks or letting another person drop in to believe that it's true what we're talking about that day -) 01.04 !!! :D :D :D
Tom Sawyer - he made great scenes - maybe it's a piece, maybe it's true ?!

Turis

When you're going on a date with a Swedish girl, just remember to always bring a dozen roses, warm wine and live fish.  ;)

darnokthemage

darnokthemage

So... anything new?

Turis

I haven't had a date yet, but, I'm still hoping! :) :P

darnokthemage

Is random structures on the generated map possible to mod, Like runestones maybe?

Tom Sawyer

Sorry, was not much info last time. Something like this would be possible @darnokthemage but why randomly generated and not placed by the people? I mean rune stones.

I'm slow but continuously working on this mod. Just did not talk much about it. I made a couple of Viking houses in turf and frame constructions. I can show but they are not textured and look rather blank. It will take some time with North 7 and I think about a small "spring update" soon to include a few bug fixes, balancing changes and the reworked happiness. Also a better support of new DS mods. Actually all this should not have to wait for the Viking stuff.

Last week I spent or rather wasted for a new challenge format using scenario functions. Never really looked into these files before. It's like scripted game goals with some interesting opportunities. Even got it to work and completely save from debug hacks. The only problem I could not solve is saving, which seems to be disabled by the core game while playing a tutorial. Of course, without saving it would be no fun and I cancled it for now to invest my time in model making.

That's it for now. :)

River

Question: Will we still need the Norseman mod with 7? Or will it be incorporated?
REMEMBER: In games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Banished, etc, there IS NO WRONG WAY TO PLAY!!

Turis

I prefer to use one-year-is-one-year aging mod so I hope the norseman mod isn't intergrated.

Tom Sawyer

That's a really good question and still not 100% sure. I like the concept of separate citizen mods to choose for different aging or difficulty. But while reworking the mod for happiness with UI changes here and there, turning back alcohol to be no food anymore which was actually a good thing and also by adding new buildings only for happiness it becomes clear that the new happiness value must be included. Otherwise all these things would be there without any context. And if players want to use their favored aging mod then they still can do it. Just has to go on top to overwrite the nordic citizen setting. :)

Turis

Oh, well!

I guess the children will be happy they don't have to work when they're six. ::)

liberty152

is there anyway to make this compatible with other mods?

Tom Sawyer

The happiness changes or the mod itself? The current compatibility list you find here. There are many more mods which work technically but these are adapted or at least tested and they match the theme.

liberty152

I noticed Debug doesn't work. Why is that?

brads3

So you are taking the alcohol as food back out?