News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

STUPER TEST: Kooski

Started by brads3, March 19, 2018, 06:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denis de la Rive

Lord Snarky has a planet for people like you. ;)

brads3

i did find out what was happening. i added too many mods.caused a storage glitch that backed everythng up.the poor bannies were just dropping logs everywhere and they burned thatch fast enough that what they collected never registered to the inventory.more operator mistakes than mod related.sorry for the confusion.

brads3

YEAR 15

while the canal is being finished,the laborers clear stones from the new forest.the trade post is stocking iron ore and flour.soon, i can open the map more and begin to build.the villagers did move themselves and paired up with the new settlers. there are 3 16-17 yr old females that need houses.

the set of 8 nomads will stay to help speed things up.they can start clearing more land and construction of a meat dryer.a soapiary is completed.the start village stretches to the west adding another animal barn for milk and eggs.the bannies are busy laying out roads and clearing thatch and stones.

pic 1:meat dryer
pic 2:soapairy
pic 3 west cow barn and apiary

brads3

year 16-18

the crazy mess years.this is when i had a glitch cause storage issues and slow everything down.it took a few years to find and solve the problems.i try to play a year or so ahead of the posts not to confuse anyone but to buy time to fix issues or mistakes.did work out in this case.news travels out but with a delay.

in may that crazy Captain KIDD sent more workers. a group of 14 arrive.we do have enough projects started to need the help.as soon as we are caught up we will need to increase our fod reserves.a boarding house is located near the twilight clinic.that way the nomads can be checked over to avoid disease outbreaks.
     there is a cost to playing this way. some of the give and take is certain buildings don't show in the toolbars.others have different building requirements.i have to pick and choose some.the  larger woodcutter doesn't show at all.the townhall and school are altered.not an issue as there are mods that can be used.just means i am lost.

more markets and storage is completed.a holding pen is cleared near the trade dock for any livestock the merchants might be carryng.a RH blacksmith will make better tools for the quarry workers.a bigger school and park.finally the boardinghouse gets built
     RED's EC mod plays noticably faster than CC did.it can take off on its own,even with the bannies never stopping.as such barns and the canal storage is filling.

the boardinghouse is empty and i fixed the storage problem.a 2nd worker sent to the lumbermill,should start using logs faster.now i can work to get the food count up.

pic 1: general store,a 1.06 mod piece.i am experimenting with a few 1.06 markets will report more later.
pic 2: sherbrooke school.
pic 3: west farm work shops and apiary.those  shop workers will be busy laborers.
pic 4:colonial boarding house
pic 5: nordic wharehouse,1.06 version added on.the larger storage space is needed to catch us up.

brads3

YEAR 18-20

in the middle of my mess,a merchant did bring some bison. a pasture is being cleared at the west farm.there they also produce butter and bread.with 12 crop fields,the food should recover.hopefully,we have a good year.
     it takes a year but finally we start to see progress.i even have time to add some decorations.the laborers have started clearing land along the canal.

pic 1: 3rd wood chopper,
pic 2 granny park playground
pic 3:bison pasture

brads3

YEAR 20 review

population 143,72 workers,23 students,and 48 children.education 32% in 35 houses.many more have passed thru our town.only the gatherer died of a weak heart.good production is break even.radishes and sugarbeets don't grow very well here.it takes time for the gatherers to learn the new food plants and grow them.they worked hard but did help improve the health.the laborers lack knowledge and leave many plants unharvested.

the canal is finished and connects the lake and main river.2 fishing docks,a grain mill,a trading dock,and a sawmill.a lighthouse to the west end and several markets to move goods. a mod glitch shut down the covered piles.this led to a slow down and work stopage.it took time to clear more piles and build storage.
       overall a nice recovery.no bannies were killed or starved.the start village stretches west and added a bison pasture.a town has sprung up on the south side of the canal.they can work to move and trade more goods.

pic 1: yr 20 stats,
pic 2: production
pic 3 inventory
pic 4: 10yr food graph

Nilla

I would have been nervous with such a food graph but you seem to manage. :)

I don't know, if I'm right, but it seems like this town grows faster, than most of your other towns. Do you really accept all nomads from the well?

brads3

the well brings groups every year steadily.i don't accept them all.now it  brings large groups of about 10.want to get the food count up before taking more.still trying to boost it .the pine and ND items have issues. some gatherers did seem to pick them up but the clear food toolbutton does not.makes it more challenging.
      the game plays faster without CC.have issues due to some conflicts.  i had moved some mods in the order to fix issues from before and to try boosting the leather from hunter. that didn't work.TOM's tannery will solve that.keep adding notes and will adjust after this map. lot of trial and error.had to replay another year since i have salt conflicts.

brads3

YEAR 20

i added TOM's nordic tannery.normally i avoid adding or changing mods mid-game.since i had a save point ,i tried it.if it didn't work i just reload the save point.it is a double save point. saved twice,if 1 errors the other should work.enabled the new mod and made a new save,exit game,and completely reload.it automatically added to the bottom of the mod order.no issues.this mod works because it works with the items already in the game. it doesn't add a new item.
      if i were to do anything in the mod order to fix any glitches,most likely i would have a crash.i keep notes and after this map i can make adjustments.if i added a mod that adds items to the menu or changes the start,then it would crash. adding mods is risky.you will hear some players do this from time to time.usually they are experienced players and know what the mod does.i try not to recommend that to new players.there are so many mods,it is hard to explain how they might interact with every other mod.some require other mods to function fully. they might and might not work by themself.

i have wool coats and lots of wool.the trade post has shipped both. the wool coats are trading at 40,very handy to gain seeds.there is pelts,furs,and deer hides saved.i saved leather from the hunting tower.there is lots of places to use the leather.the indians require it for tents.it can be tanned,cured,used for clothing,make saddles,etc.as the town grows,i will look at the textiles more.for now,the new tannery will be built.

the CC orchard gatherer radisu is much bigger than the forester's.as i build closer to the forester i will cut down on the gatherer.as i build there i will need to increase the food.there is a reason for the madness in front of the school.over time it will look better.

now this is interesting.a merchant must have got word to captain kidd.he sent 10 nomads with enough food for a year.half the coal,iron,and,lumber will be shipped back down river.since they brought their own food,we let them stay.
      2 narrow fields will square up the grape orchard.then hey can clear land near the small mine hill by the boardinghouse.a salt mine is planned and they left room for a marble quarry.
   our doctor tried to save their sick children. they were infected with measles.1 perished but the other survived.

Kalvis stops with a mixed load on his boat.he drains our trading post but gives us pea and strawberry seeds.the laborers have some incentive to clear more fields now.the 2 narrow fields have new seeds and a wheat field is switched over to strawberries.

pic 1: nordic tannery
pic 2 salt mine has a flag issue due to my mod order.
pic 3:CC grape gatherer much larger than the forest radius,
pic 4:long fields to square off the orchard

brads3

YEAR 21

i adjusted the foresters to plant more apples and grapes.there is enough chesnut trees  and this should increase our fruit as the grapes can be planted closer together
      now that the laborers are caught up and canal is dug,i want to give them some little projects to keep them busy.last year they worked to clear for the road around the mine hill.this year they can clear trees along the canal bank.

a bakery was built that will give bread without butter.some clean up and more decorations.a double bridge is completed that gives access across the river.
       600 grapes were gathered.the long fields of peas and strawberries did better than the radishes and sugarbeets.a 10x10 field of strawberries actually produced 700.the bison breed slowly, but are up to 11.

YEAR 22

ok,i tested both salt houses and neither will store salt.definetely a mod conflict.i can't salt fish.the marble quarry will be finished since it will trade at a hgher value.several fields are being cleared and laborers can do some clean up for the forest orchards.
     a grainary is completed.we acquire pigs and clear a pasture.it is small but will work.a safety fence will keep inspector Gadget-Gatherer from falling in the quarry.

pic 1: old bakery
pic 2: east double wood bridge
pic 3: long field outputs
pic 4:grainary and well
pic 5:mg garden center.was told i can't make benches there.got 1 without blocking the path and several outside it.
pic 6:small pig pasture.well has some weeds and a bench
pic 7: Gatherers safety fence keeps him from the marble and multi quarries
pic 8: an attempt to use the salt for fish.neither salt house would store it. mod order conflict.

Tom Sawyer

Your salt issue is not clear. Actually it's flagged in the same way as CoalFuel.

brads3

it is a weird conflict.i think both yuo and RED have it flagged the same.i wonder if inside the coding you use different terms or if Cc is affecting it.i plan to add some of EB's chain to cure leather with the salt. on the salt house,not sure which 1,it has the limit as salt not minerals.
   i think the nordic beehive doesn't like KIDD's sugar either. the sugar house will make sugar from  sugarbeets but it is worded different, like "processed sugar".i left the beehive on  a while but was showing it was missing material.

it is interesting how the mods work sometimes. the North i play at mild.with RK above i play at fair. the fair plays tougher than i thought it would have.the crop production is lower andf the winters are longer.almost harder than a mild North climate.crop yields at 500 would be 1 thing,here they are closer to 400.what is funny is the 2 mods together change or offset the ND and pine mods.some items aren't collected by gatherers or the clear food tool. more challenging.

thank you for the nordic tannery. i had tried moving mods in the order.RED's pastures do give leather but not the hunters. the hunting tower from his training camp mod gives leather and deer hides back and forth.odd as that is.you would think it would be either or not both. makes me wonder if sometimes the program reads his code and others uyour code.LOL it is a variety.

RedKetchup

in RKed salt is RawMaterialFlags _flags = CoalFuel; AKA Minerals
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tom Sawyer

The sugar issue is clear. I use RawMaterialSugar.rsc while Kid uses RawMaterialSugarRefined.rsc, so two different resources. And if your fair climate is tougher that Nordic Mild then I guess you are playing in Nordic Fair. If Reds mod doesn't overwrite this climate file and you picked fair then it was loaded from the next mod in your list which was probably the North. It might look confusing in your game because both mods are overwriting almost everything but all can be explained by the simple rule of "the highest file is loaded". There is no way to overwrite something from below. Also there has nothing changed in 1.0.7 as you suspected in another post. :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 26, 2018, 03:27:59 AM
If Reds mod doesn't overwrite this climate file

i didnt.....

yet :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .