News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod Idea: Notre Dame Cathedral

Started by MarkJerue, April 15, 2019, 03:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darnokthemage

I would maybe break it up into three parts so it can be used as more then just a church, like a school, church and town hall?

Dolbadarn

Hi folks thank you for the input, here are some pics for size comparison.

I could probably reduce size by only 10% more. The doors are currently 1.2m tall and an adult Bannie is about 1.1m tall. Anything smaller and they will have to crouch to get in! In real life this is a huge building so in Banished it is also, a huge building!

I estimate it to be roughly 3x size of RK Cathedral. When I multiply build cost of materials x3 I get: 270 lumber, 480 stone, 192 glass, 54 silver, 36 gold, 240 tile and 1800 labour to build. Phew! Definitely a mid-late game construction job.

I have increased capacity to 1000 worshipers.

As always comments welcomed.

RedKetchup

yeah the doors seems ok to compare with a citizen. the building is big by itself i guess :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

taniu

@Dolbadarn ;D you are doing a great mod I am glad that we will have such a wonderful mod in "Banished" - thank you very much. Greetings

brads3

next month ,the pyramids and sphinx.

RedKetchup

oh ya i see. banished sizes cannot be considerated as using real world mesures. already all buildings in game should be bigger. but longer would be walks and push citizens to underperforming.

Artfactial

Incredible, well done!
I agree this should be a monumental task to build an cost a huge amount.:)

hopledor

Outstanding!!

The size seems right as it is.

Please please please release it soon  :D

kid1293

Must add that the size is right. Not smaller! :)

Dolbadarn

@RedKetchup

I want the cathedral to use lumber, glass, silver, gold, rooftile for construction so needs to be compatible with RK/CC

I'm having problems with compatibility with RKEditorChoice Mod. The game loads ok with both mods enabled but when I go to place the cathedral the game crashes. I think it's because I reference rawMaterials in the template file that don't exist in my Mod folder, when I go to compile I just click ignore the missing rawMaterial files, then package. Do I need to change reference path or have copies of these rawMaterials in my mods folder?

My folder structure:

Template file attached, help!  ;D

RedKetchup

yes you need all the models because if you dont have RKEC on top of it, it will crash

RedKetchup

here  lumber-glass-brick-rooftile-gold-silver.zip
let me know if it missing something

Dolbadarn

Merci! Lumber, glass, silver, gold work ok!

When compiling rooftilepile1mesh.rsc, rooftilepile2mesh.rsc missing:

SB2Material05.rsc

RedKetchup

oh i added sb2mateial.05 files inside