News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2:Roxbow

Started by brads3, December 10, 2018, 12:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 46

the bannies are concerned with food. they have enough and keep producing more each year.they do wish there was more stored.even so they progress building more city houses. they know more stone will come from the grape forest soon.they start to move materials for a church and tavern.they work hard but food is almost break even thru the year.
        it took all year but they finally finished building the hunter's hut.there is now enough muskets for 300 bannies stored.our education is just under 60%.

pic 1: CC grape forest
pic 2: gothic church and tavern

brads3

YEAR 47

the bannies think the pigs will produce enough fertilizer for more greenhouses they add 3 with 200 water stored.a ketchup factory will add to the production buildings.roads are layed out for the east housing district.the builders have started to build the north houses.

we did except the 10 nomads who arrived in ate spring.there is enough houses planned and we needed more laborers.this led to a tool shortage.until then we must have been barely gettinng by.there was plenty of logs and minerals but the smiths could not keep up. the gunsmith doubles workers and switches from muskets to steel tools. a CC blacksmith is planned to supply the miners with steel tools. this brought construction to a standstill.

pic 1: ketchup factory
pic 2: north housing construction
pic 3: CC smith to make steel tools for the miners

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

yes it is. the bannies got tired of fish so they flavored it. we never got oat seed and need the sugar beets to keep our food count up.so we didnt take a chance to make a sugar factory.no sugar cookies for us unless the traders bring some.

brads3

YEAR 48

we take in 50 carbon steel tools. slowly we overcome the tool shortage for now at least.we worked to increase lumber and firewood.a smal chopper starts working out in the forest.the thatch has long since been weeded out.it will not grow with the trees shading the ground.
        the builders have housing caught up.three more RK greenhouses have been completed. they finally have enough materials to buyild a creamery to make cheese.

we produce over 60,000 food for a net+4000 for the year.the pig farmers worked together to get 800 pork and 270 fertilizer.

pic 1:more RK greenhouses
pic 2 RK creamery

brads3

YEAR 49

the riverboat market serves the east orchard forests.north of it is a pine market. the bannies figure a stone market near the bridge will serve the north and far east forests.these will hep move goods back toward the gate bridge.they also will help move firewod,tools,and foods around for the forester workers.beside the new stone market, they will build a shop to make leather coats.to move goods into the city,we double workers at the log depot and material markets.the old timers at the north trading posts asked for a mini food market.a small dock market will serve the greenhouse docks.

so  you all dont think i am totally crazy,i did want to give you more looks of the forests.there are subtle differences. some collect flax.KID's forest workers do collect the new flora items.note the pine flora patch is enabled and producing the flax and wild oats.i only wanted the bees.outside the forest radiuses you can see lots more bright green leaf trees and some red maples.alongh the stream between the RK and KID forests is not in any circle. just southwest of the bridge is a FO forester.it has taken some trial and error but there is a better balance to the many items. herbs are low. herb growers compensate for that easily.the onions aren't overproductive.they can be depending on the mod order and setup.if there were more slots to some of the gatherers,then the total outputs woud improve.

the way the forest gathering works has been changed and added to many times over the years.RED has varieties of berries that grow with the fodder grass and flowers.with the dense forest and pine mods,threes have choked the fodder grass out. the modders continue making changes and adjustments. hopefully,we will have longer living trees and more meadows mixed in.the tree growth and ages still functions under the vanilla time speed. much of the game is on a year base;crop growths,outputs,education.trees are aging and dying much faster. even the players who use the vanilla age or population growth would benefit from the trees living longer.not sure i explained that very well. the game plays at a year to year pace.the way the game was designed is 1 year is really like 6-8 years.the bannies aged that much faster and multiplied quickly.however,they still only grew and ate a years worth of food in the same time. with odding,much of the game has been changed to function on a year to year base.

the pig farmers did start to work together.  as they butchered pigs in the large pen,they replaced them from the holding pen.we felt it was time to make another pig pasture and shut down the holding pen entirely.this will also move fertilizer closer to the greenhouses.the misc carts move a variety of goods,beeswax,reeds,etc, but never fertilizer.the pine market in the forest is storing some but none of the other markets are. even so the greenhouses are producing well. most of the fertilizer is being stored in the original storage pile.a pile will be set near the pig passture and a small pile by a barn half way to greenhouses. this should split the walking distance.

the EB winery waits for grapes from the CC orchard forest.hopefully,there will be enough wine to supply all our taverns.

pic 1: north forest tree growth,a tiny forester is at the base of the mountain,an RK to the east,and a small FO just southwest of the bridge

pic 2: some forerst outputs,
pic 3: greenhouse dock market
pic 4: EB winery
pic 5: larger pig pasture with a storage pile for the fertilizer

brads3

YEAR 50 REVIEW

population 533,277 adult,83 students, and 173 children in 128 houses.an education level of 61%.

we survived shortages of stone and tools.we have maintained our food. we did some major work to expand our greenhouses.our herdsman have more than doubled our livestock.we now process bead,fruit jam,ketchup,cheese,salt fish,cut beef steaks,make sausages, and dry meat.the bannies can burn thatch,firewood,and reed bundles.the many markets work to move supplies to keep workers busy.there are 4 schools and 2 churches.

to keep the city safe more ships patrol the south lake and river.2 lighthouses and 3 star forts were constructed.the armory has 300 muskets in stock. we trade some coal,fur and pelts,linen,my precious items, and some excess goods.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: population and food graph
pic 5: stone and tool graph

brads3

YEAR 50

i was sick for several days the bannies ran short on  items but did survive.hopefully now that i am better,i can speed the end of this map up. i am anxious to see the changes RED has made to the RK CHOICE mod.

i try not to trade food.the bannies are very reluctant to trade things they do need.very seldom do they trade tools even on any map. they have made clothing to trade especially to get seeds. i have worked at finding a better balance to the textiles.in prior maps the pelts and furs woud be overpowering. the trading has become challenging. it is harder to find enough of an item of value to trade.KID's flax garden and linen clothing does help gain seeds early on. i do use flowers and some mixed items to gain some food.
here we take in about 2500 food on a good year.we have traded furs,pelts,and feathers. coal has been traded when there was a surplus.same with the linen from the wild flax. when there the foundry can, it does smelt some silver and gold bars. none of which is high volume or consistant.we have 499 candles.we will send some of them to the north KID trade post.

while America was being settled,many died of starvation.due to lack of food and construction methods,others would get sick and freeze in the night. the medical professions claim they helped increase the lifespan of people. i think sanitation and construction has done more. in colonial era,houses did not have insulation.it was warm near the fire but temp woud drop signifacantly moving just a few feet away from it.the cold wind would find any hole or gap.this cold air would affect newborns and anyone already weak from lack of food.construction advances of heating systems,insulation,calking,etc have ment most children no longer die during cold nights.

i want to keep 30 laborers and 5 builders.as students graduate,we will build houses and workplaces.we start this year with 6 extra workers,so will need 3 houses.the south lighthouse is concerned about the bandits sneaking in below the grape forest.there is just enough hills to block his view.there is 1 just south of the grapes and a closer 1 as the river flows out of the lake. i think he has ate too many fermented apples during the winter. he is crazy. we debated his ideas for several weeks.what i did agree to is a double fodder meadow.  2 hunting towers will work the base of both mounatins.a gathering hut and a FO thatch mod gathering hut will be built. they should bring in a variety of berries. the FO will gather wild oats and honey,so all items except herbs should be collected.it wil mean more workers than the 6 graduates.

while i was busy with the workers in the future meadow,the lighthouse overseer had a star fort constructed. i hope he doesn't fire 1 off while we are working over there.the builders worked hard through the winter but only had 1 pine cabin completed.the workers wll need to return in spring to move supplies for a 4th cabin. then the meadow workers can go to work. it will take a few years for them to clear all the trees.
      the bannies laughed when the merchants brought fish soup. it did not sound good and they had enough fish.the traders only took in 720 tomatoes during the year. they did take in 1900 strawberries just before spring.

19 more bannies have graduated. work never stops.hopefully the lighthouse overseer will feel safer.

pic 1:yr 50 trade stocks
pic 2:view from the north lighthouse
pic 3: view from south lighthouse
pic 4:river starfort
pic 5: meadow project
pic 6: construction of the meadow progress

brads3

they depend usually. i do make a goal. here it was to build RK houses all around the city center and fill this prtected space between the river and the mountain. there are bannies who bravely live outside the main city to send us logs and foods. i figure there should be 500 adults living inside the city before it is finished
RED has changed so much of the RK CHOICE that the next maps will be fun. will take several plays to figure out what mods and how things will work.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on January 18, 2019, 03:30:21 PM

RED has changed so much of the RK CHOICE that the next maps will be fun. will take several plays to figure out what mods and how things will work.

yeah i am fully aware people need time to learn how things from mods work.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

i haven't even downloaded it yet. am anxious to see the changes. thankfully with the mod manager i wil be able to adjust the mod order and save it from this version.that is a huge advantage and time saver.

brads3

have you checked out some of my other maps? i did 1 with the idea to use every piece of every mod i had installed at that time.i believe it was the TOWNS map. this computer crashed before i could complete it. most of our computers do crash after about 150 years.it sucked cause i never did finish and build the CC zoo. every time i attempted to do so,i ran into issues my curse i guess.

most of my maps are CC huge map sized. filling them would take longer than the computer would allow.ELNOR was fairly full.it has all the modder's monuments and monmental mods in it.

this map has over 140 mods. it took many trials and adjustments, but there are very few mod conflicts.   

brads3

YEAR 51

with so many new graduates,we will need more houses.to help move stone and goods,5 couples will move to the meadow.this will send 2 laborers to the meadow.

temperature made it to 80 by late summer but ust briefly.it has been a wet summer.the 1st day of fall saw them drop back to mid 60's again. all our crops are stunted. other than a couple pepper fields,all our crops show a loss.the farmers were grateful that snow held off long enough for them to harvest.it was cold enough, but Mother Nature gave us 1 break. the RH trade took in 1000,carrots,1000 blackberries,and 350 bread. laborers started their fall gathering early.

our church was full, so a MG chapel was built near the cemetary.a city butcher was constructed near the new pig pasture.this way it won't clash with the stone city buidings. the wooden butcher overrides RED's stone butcher.the other pig butcher is the training camp tent.KID's butchers dont do pork chops.i use the wooden butcher more often. a 2nd story was added to all the south city houses.

reeds did grow well with the extra rain we hit the misc limit.6the workshops can not keep up.the bannies worked hard and managed to gain food even with the bad crop year.the RK greenhouses produced 8200 in the 9 greenhouses. the small pig pasture produced 1100 pork.moving the pigs out from the holding pen paid off well.

we now have 16 foresters plus 2 thatch growers,10 gatherers,and 6 hunters.22 families live outside the city.

note: we had a weird thing happen,weird for the game. a diptheria outbreak occurred but only affected children.started with  a child at the docks and spread to some of the children living in the south RK houses.no adults got sick.lucky for us cause we needed those farmers working.

pic 1:pine mod luxury cabins for the meadow workers
pic 2: RK 2nd stories have been built in the south
pic 3:city butcher for pork
pic 4: MG chapel

brads3

YEAR 52

3 more couples will move out across the river.this will give us 25 families outside the city. we will double the grape orchard forest.there is a lot of rocks near the hunter to be collected. this will give more grapes to make wine. a worker from the cherry and grape forester will work to plant these grapes. a trapper and pelt tailor will be added to the edge of the meadow.this work will keep the field mice out of the grapes and rabbits out of the fodder.the bannies will feel safer with the meadow.the forest workers are supplied and goods should move smoothly to the city.

the RH trade post wil increase stock of candles and pelts.a new tailor in the city will make hide coats.these with the linen will supply the CC dock trade post.another shop was built at the docks to bundle the extra reeds.with our education level now above 65%,food production is over 70,000 a year.   

pic 1: 2nd grape forester will give us more grapes for wine
pic 2: a 3rd reed bundler
pic 3: leather coat tailor

brads3

YEAR 53

we have had a lot of graduates the last 2 years.there are 54 laborers.the city needs more houses.the bannies want to make blueberry jam,so a 2nd jamhouse needs built.a large windmill will work near the river to supply a 2nd bakery.the windmill will grind rice into flour.he dock added a smoking shed to process fish.

as soon as the south 3 story houses are finished,the builders start more houses to the north.2 shacks were added to the docks.in the city center,a playground was built for the children.this would give them a safe place.beside the Autumn Leaves tavern, a sit down plaza was organized around a market soup and BBQ grill. the bannies can enjoy fish&chips or onion potato soup.to supply this we will need another to grow more potatoes.a 2nd KID sawmil has been constructed if needed to keep up with firewood.

we still have 48 laborers.food production increases each year.next year we can afford to make apple ale and grape wine.the bannies gave up on sugar cookies. they say the funny tasting rice bread isn't too bad with some blueberry jam.

pic 1: inventory of the houses,
pic 2: south 3 story RKs completed
pic 3: RK windmill
pic 4: GF bakery
pic 5: smoke shed for fish,
pic 6:blueberry jam house
pic 7: market soup and BBQ
pic 8: playground