News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread

Started by embx61, June 04, 2018, 05:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

Uploaded new versions of the Church, Glassworks, Production Set 2, Village Workshop, Village Production Set, Brandenburger Tor, and the Village Stone Houses Set.

Fixed the Glass and Glassware meshes so it is compatible with RK Editor Choice Mod.
Fixed an AO map issue and made a roof texture a bit darker in the stone houses set.

I think it is save compatible but not 100% sure because of change in meshes/graphic in the Glassware mesh.
Just do a save to be on the save side and try to load and hope it will not crash.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

this is that moddling for this game, boys. you can spend a terrific long time to find answer to an issue and look after, to see that you lost a full day on this.

when we do mods, it happends often.
and this is the reason big mods can take alot of time, cause it happend 50 times on big ones
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

tuggistar

I followed the problem that was discussed here about the glass, but what about the production chain of Glass in the MoD CC 1.76.

embx61

:)

At least there are some very helpful people here who jump in to give suggestions and test so it makes it more a team effort.
I thank you all. :)

Most modders hardly play the game for a serious long time as players do. We do some quick testing, mostly with Debug, and have to rely on players to find mistakes and small stuff we miss and hope those players find those and report it to us.

Never feel bad to point to mistakes or you think certain values are not right.
While we certainly do like posts like "good job" we need to hear about mistakes we make as well.  ;)

embx61

Quote from: tuggistar on October 30, 2018, 03:01:41 PM
I followed the problem that was discussed here about the glass, but what about the production chain of Glass in the MoD CC 1.76.

CC have it's own meshes so it will be fine.
It was just that my mesh was corrupt or something.
By itself it worked fine but with RKEC Mod together it had crashing issues.

Still not 100% sure what it exactly was but it is fixed by just using Red's meshes in all my Mods what use Glass/Glassware. (Crossing fingers) :)

zak4862

Thanks again to both of you for solving it.(embx&RK) And yes, its save compactible - I allready put the new versions in the game.  :)

embx61

Your welcome :)

Good to hear it is save compatible. You never know for sure when meshes/graphics are changed.
The names of the files were the same and that probably made it save compatible.

Happy gaming :)

embx61

@elemental reported me about the Textile Trader not bringing Flax, Cotton etc.

I checked the files and found a typo in the Trade part.
The flag was set as Textiles instead of textile.  :-[

Also sometimes the boat would dock at the fence part. I had two boat dummies at the port and deleted the second one in the FBX file.

Mods affected and fixed are the EB Village, EB Village Storage Modular, and the Busy Trade ports overrides.
I uploaded new versions of those mods. Save compatible.

The unified mod is affected as well but I am in process off adding the Stone houses, do the the glass fix, add Village Workshop to that mod so will upload either today or tomorrow.

embx61

At a request from @elemental I created a Village Pottery override.

My Pottery not make pottery as I try to stay away from Trade only items as much as possible.
But it seems CC uses pottery to make homewares so elemental asked for a override so my Village Pottery would produce Pottery beside the Amphoras.

I used Red's sources of Pottery, Thanks Red. :)

I left the RawMaterial Files from Red as they are but only changed the production from 3 Clay to 4 Clay and either 1 Coal or 1 Charcoal.
The Trade Value is even with that change very good.

embx61

Uploaded version 17023 of the Unified Mod. Added the Village Workshop and the Village Stone Houses Set so all is current at the moment.
Fixed the Textile Trader Typo, fixed the Glass issue. Shorehut AO fix.
Changed the Oil Press Production so it is the same as the Village Oil Press production.

If playing with the Unified none of my other mods need to be loaded beside overrides and Terrain Mod(s)  :)

Maldrick

Quote from: embx61 on October 31, 2018, 06:19:18 AM
Uploaded version 17023 of the Unified Mod. Added the Village Workshop and the Village Stone Houses Set so all is current at the moment.
Fixed the Textile Trader Typo, fixed the Glass issue. Shorehut AO fix.
Changed the Oil Press Production so it is the same as the Village Oil Press production.

If playing with the Unified none of my other mods need to be loaded beside overrides and Terrain Mod(s)  :)

Outstanding!  Thank you for all the hard work you've been putting into your set, EB.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

embx61

Uploaded new version of the EB Village Set, the 3x3 and the 4x4 houses sets.

The roads under the overhang roofs are now road enabled were needed.
Should be save compatible but old houses probably need to be deleted for the parts under the roof to be road enabled.

As the road enabled part is not a game breaker I wait with changing the Unified as I just updated that big mod a day ago and wait till some content can be added to do an update on Unified.

zak4862

embx61

Played a bit with separates chimney, a porch, and some dormers for the wooden houses sets.

The dormers are a issue because the roofs of the houses are different shape on almost each house so on a house where the dormer fits perfectly it either sink to much in the roof of another house and even the angle at the bottom of the dormers are off which means I have to make too many so it fits every house in the set.
This is a nightmare not only because of the many meshes it needs but even more on how to put that on toolbars.
So the dormers are out for the Wooden houses sets. Sorry.

The idea is a good one though and so I keep that in mind when I design another set of houses and make sure the roofs are the same in shape, angle and height, just like Red's NMT houses for example so separate dormers will be made for that set as only 1 or 2(Double wide?) will be enough and then through F key the textures of the roofs can be selected.

The chimney smoke does not work as I expected but chimneys placing will work.
The porch part works okay so can be added. As each house has 3 main colors I have to make matching colors porches.
1 set of 1x1 tile and 1 set of 2x1 tiles. As it is road enabled the bannies will go through the fence but the floor will work.

Now I going to see about verandas. I expect that to work as luckily all the houses walls are placed about the same.

elemental

Would it work if the ghost dormer had a bit of extra length that could poke into the roof of the house? In other words, it isn't an exact fit. Would that work?

Even if the dormers didn't work on all of them, perhaps it could work on some of them?