News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Native American Mod

Started by twilightbreeze, June 06, 2017, 01:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twilightbreeze

Being Cherokee myself, I would love to have a Native American themed mod. NA skins like in CC, quonset huts, long houses, a medicine man, maybe a peace pipe on a stump under an awning for nomads, a chief's hut (town hall), Antelope hides that are warmer than deer hide, small tents that are warmer, like tanypreditor's tent with fire, oh, so many ideas and possibilities! And making sure it's all due respect, and not "hollywood-ized".  School could be a chanting hut/circle, church could be a spirit hut with a "speaker". Native Americans did have agriculture and had pastured animals, so that's no different.

Anyway, just some ideas. Anyone up to it?
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

ancientmuse

It would also look great with Kid's Wild West mod.... the two would naturally kind of go hand in hand.  :D

- Totem pole as a "school"
- Stone powwow circle as a "church"
- Teepee houses
- Sweat lodge as a "clinic"
- Wigwam style huts for chain productions (tailor, blacksmith, or whatever)
- Buffalo as a new domestic animal (or running wild) for leather, wool, meat
- Tobacco crop that could be used with a peacepipe maker (to sell as trade goods)
- Drum maker

So much cool stuff for a mod like this....

twilightbreeze

I would prefer to nix the "teepee", it's gone too Hollywood. I'd prefer quonset huts or other type of tent shape for houses. But yeah, all those ideas are good too.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.