Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Jinxie - WIP Mods

Started by Jinxiewinxie, February 08, 2019, 07:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

Quote from: Jinxiewinxie on February 20, 2019, 08:34:22 AM
So.... I came across this post about roof wigs by @galensgranny

and I think I might be able to do it pretty simply!

Step 1, before applying the deco item:

https://i.imgur.com/TWRrr9o.png

Step 2, after applying:

https://i.imgur.com/tJbbYNs.png

This is just proof of concept, I'd use like, neater roof textures with tons of options (as is my style, heh)
Yes, yes, yes!!!   ;D   This is great.  I am so glad you saw my post and have taken up the idea!!!  There can never be too many color options, and it would work out great that some roof wigs could fit buildings by other modders too. 

galensgranny

Quote from: kid1293 on February 20, 2019, 09:31:25 AM
I have tested your mod and I must say it looks good! It will be fine to use it with new footprint. :)
About modular - Nice thought. You are maybe on to something there. I have to get used to the idea though.

What do players say about ghosted roofs? They give more options and are easy to update...
@kid1293, this player says ghosted roofs are a wonderful, fabulous thing.  Guess what houses of yours would be well served by a dark gray ghosted roof?  ;)

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: Abandoned on February 20, 2019, 10:34:27 AM
:)  Regarding bakery and baker.  I did a second quick test - same mods enabled.  Immediately built bakery and assigned worker -  :) no problem.  I made built another bakery making all laborers builders so none available to be baker - cause of problem was no available worker for job.  Bakery is okay  :)

Phew! I'm glad the code itself is working.. now to fix the model and footprint. The more I look at that bakery, the more it stands out like a sore thumb XD Ty for double checking!

Abandoned

:) sorry, so eager to build those pretty new buildings that I didn't check if I had workers  :)  I am glad it was my error and not the code.  Both the mill and the bakery are very nice buildings  :)

Jinxiewinxie

Protip: Make sure you make very unique file names. Calling your textures Stone, Slate and Wood is dumb. Trying to go back and rename files and then reassign the materials/texture image names in 90+ individual fbx files is SUPER DUMB. Don't be like me XD

RedKetchup

yeah you need a naming system for all your own textures :) to not conflict with the names they chose for their texture names :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 23, 2019, 10:17:22 AM
yeah you need a naming system for all your own textures :) to not conflict with the names they chose for their texture names :)

I realized this too late sadly XD I had separated my Houses from my other Village buildings into two separate mods, but they both pointed to the same named material+image files.. so when I changed things in one I saw it in the other mod. Here's to hoping nobody else has used Slate.png Wood.png and Stone.png lol XD I don't want to go back and fix Houses, there's SO MANY individual fbx files because each house needed its own smoke point =( Its like 90 of them!

Jinxiewinxie

So instead of fixing things I'm supposed to, I ended up just adding more baby rabbits. Because I can =D

8x6 adult rabbits that sit in different parts of a tile, the only overlapping ones are two sitting style fellas so that they can fit under my mini rabbit hutch shelter thing nicely.

then there's 8x6 baby rabbits that are the very same as the adults, except scaled down by .75 =)

I really feel like 96 "different" rabbits is plenty. Right? Right. Somebody stop me XD

Abandoned

;D oh, I think rabbit hutch will have to be a separate mod  ;D

mellowtraumatic

Well, who doesn't need more rabbits?

Nilla

It looks like in life; If you have one male and one female rabbit, there soon will be A LOT of rabbits! ;)

rkelly17

Be careful. Don't forget what happened with the rabbits in Australia. If they are too prolific you'll have to do a coyote mod to keep the rabbits in check.   ;D

Jinxiewinxie

I'm loving these rabbits so much, working on them has been super fun and relaxing =)

Made some progress:

1) Fixed my bakery so I don't hate it anymore:

And 2) added some decorative hay bales and piles, which you can see in the above image as well as in this one:

Things are looking cute! I've separated my rabbit hutch and the related decoration pieces (rabbits, trough, hay, mini shelter thing, fences) into its own mod just because its kinda big and beautiful  :)

Jinxiewinxie

Just to add, MAKING YOUR OWN MODELS TAKES FOREVER AND EVER!

Those hay bales look simple (oh a cylinder, oh a long box, big deal?) but man, its rough making them look "bumpy" instead of super straight edges and then finding textures you like, resizing them, recoloring them (especially hard if you find similar textures but the colors are off and you want all your hay bales to be the same color-ish), then unwrapping the meshes so they look good with those textures and scaling things and and and and and XD Its absolutely ridiculous >.<

I have so much respect for our other modders, this stuff is tedious!

kid1293

:) You do well! Job can be tedious but at the same time relaxing.
The real pay-off is when you compile without errors and see it in game. :)

Those rabbits are fantastic. Size of buildings matches so well :)