News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES: OSSER #7

Started by brads3, January 11, 2018, 11:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 52

we head back to Bernie village in the spring.the pasture needs fenncing.while there,we will clear another field for cotton.
     biggest issue we have is our barns are filling up. the NMTers will build a food wharehouse market to try to open up some space.a tiny market will be added near the tunnel for the south ranch.the NMTers also built a stone mine and a tavern.

pic 1:pig fencing
pic 2: meadow market
pic 3: stone mine
pic 4: eddible market

brads3

YEAR 53

we extend the Bernies to the west edge with a maple forest and thatch meadow.there is a lot of stone and iron ore to be collected as the 2 are planted.the CC maple boiler can boil sap into sugar.you must boil it twice but only the CC boiler does it.a trapper and hunter from Necora's pine mod will be used to keep the textiles stocked.
     the east field dock gets extended as well. a 2nd reed farm and a water scavenger.they will need a wheat field for the new windmill.

pic 1:bernie extended west to the map edge
pic 2: mixed forest growth.apples to left are smaller, but you can see the differences i the tree textures.
pic 3: extended the dock.

brads3

YEAR 54

we are so well stocked we need a wharehouse district.a dock barn is added to the main village and new markets are planned across the bridge.we have more than we need.once the trade posts acquire extra seeds,there isn't much need for trading.
      we can continue extending roads and building houses.a resource wharehouse is built by the NMTers. this will stockpile many different goods.they send 3 bannies to move supplies.our tool and clothing limits are doubled.hopefully we have more storage space by next year.

pic 1:slink's markets
pic 2 CC resource wharehouse.

brads3

YEAR 55

there is a lot left to do.we have stretched the villages west and east to the map edges.there is lots of stone and iron ore to be cleared from the forests.the south ranch extended to 2 meadows and could support more greenhouses.there is room farther south for ore forests.the Bernies have room along the west lake and northward toward NMT village. the NMTers can expand farther into the northwest corner.
    we started with mountain men with indian squaw brides.the intent was to build a trapping and hunting village surrounded by meadows encircled by forests.the map and nomads changed that.we had to work around the hills and streams.
with the NMTers trading marble at such a huge value,we didn't need to trade thatch.as i say these stories do write themselves.
      i would like to have done more with the mixed forests.the CC orchard forests is a nice set.combined with NECORA's pine and maple forests,you have many options.not only can you produce so many different foods but also trade goods including turpentine.used with KID's FO. gatherer you have fruit,nuts,and vegetables.plus different meat and textiles.
      the modders each have their own style yet they do compliment each other.here RED's irrelevant barns and butcher worked with KID's plymouth houses. and KID's sugar refinery fit well with the NMT houses and CC factories.there is even an EB wharehouse to keep the village supplied.

i am anxious to move on to another map and another world.it might take a few days as i do need to clean the registry 1 more time and put the mod order back together.

pic 1: outputs of the various forests gatherers
pic 2: thatch meadow gatherer outputs.the many herbs and roots of the NAT DIV mod mixed with the thatch
pic 3: yr 55 stats,looking east across Bernie village
pic 4: inventory 1,from the riverbbanks of the fodder meadow
pic 5: inventory 2,farther south looking northeast
pic 6: inventory 3,looking south along the forest road
pic 7:food graph,from the east dock.
pic 8: citizen graph,looking west across NMT village
pic 9: overview of Bernie village
pic 10: overview of the south ranch
pic 11: overview of the main village
pic 12: overview of NMT village

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

handle what?  my speed is set 10x but plays more like 2x. unless i do some tricks that can pick speed up. my new set up with the CHOICE saves me about a full GB just in mods. computer is 4 GB ram and does need some upgrades.i tried to get a hold of the guy that made it in december.he has retired.

Nilla

This is really one of your nicest settlements ever. Each part of the village has its on style. Opposite to most of your other villages, this one looks very prosperous and sustainable. How does that feel? Leaving a village without some crisis? ;)

brads3

LOL. i have had enough crisis trying to get the next set up to work.total overhaul of the mod order.more time consumming and restart,reload,exit,and start over. it really hasn't been bad otherwise.soon.
    this town was fun keeping everyone straight and working in multiple villages at once.the bannies don't like to cooperate.had to work spring and summer 1 area then fall and early winter in another.i didn't get as much done as i wanted though.am anxious to start a new map with new toys.

oldgraywolf

Noob question, how do I get my fields to look that way? I love the fields with actual rows in them. Is it CC or something else?
I've enjoyed reading your blogs, its nice to see what the mods look like in game and get a chance to see how they run. Thanks. ;D
I never lose. I either win or I learn.

brads3

oldgraywolf

Quote from: brads3 on March 03, 2018, 01:51:44 PM
seasonFX mod. check this link for more unusual mods too.
https://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/267-SeasonFX
Thanks again, I'll check it out. :)
Been there before but haven't really looked around. Has a totally different "feel" than this forum. There seems to be much better feedback and information here.
I never lose. I either win or I learn.