News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2: Arnetto

Started by brads3, May 18, 2018, 07:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

i do miss my notes.attempted to try North above RK. after clearing the registry and total overhauling of the mod order,a tedious project in itself,my tweaking failed. the RK  only allows dark or verdant plain terrain texture unless it is above the NORTh.tried to double override with CC terrains even.TOM and RED  beat me up today.had to move RK back above NORTH.actually moved the North below than the CC frontier.

why did i do all that? well i was trying to gain some of the north's influence and the CC less. had it worked the education and trading would have been from the north. the CC would have brought the RK buildings to the toolbar.and i would have had different map start options with a different ground texture.

according to the mod order checks, the indians might have cornfield seed to feed animals,inedible without milling.the dense forest mod shows that it will work when above the forever tree mod.without the north it did show to work below it.am curious to see how this mod acts with meadows.this mod hopefully will help overcome the food losses due to the ND and pine items being missed by some gatherers.since most of the trees are not vanilla,i don't see it as a cheat.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mod order tweaks:
        now that i fixed the nomad issue,i moved the mini mod back below the pine.this does give more roots and onions.i also added root seeds.the pilgrim's rest can make rootbeer.in-edible corn added and dense forest mod.

WinData folder totals about 120 enabled mods. some are disabled since they are included in the north.the more log and stone are disabled also.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                                                        ARNETTO

Arnetto,104204407,valley,very large,fair,disasters off,medium   starts with wheat

goal: acquire most of the seeds and livestock,everything except the varieties of lettuce,pumpkin,etc.
      no education for 10 years and take nomads from year 3 to 10,then every 3rd year.

right from the start the dense tree mod seems to have affected the pine mod. there is traps,beaver lodges,and pelts scattered. they should have been on a delay of a few years.

we send out a quickhunter and start clearing 2 wheat fields.i decided to go with some colonial houses.steadily,the bannies worked to establish a town toward the lake.5 pilgrim houses,blacksmith,tailor,and a fishing dock are built the 1st year.
      the second year was spent adding storage and a mayor's office.in late summer,the nomad well is dug.the bannies took time to clear more the land near the town center.once the pile is near 90%,the bannies can rest.

pic 1: map start settings
pic 2: start limits
pic 3: area to check the dense forest mod growth.note the amount of roots,beaver lodges,and pelts not delayed.
pic 4:workshops and Pilgrim houses
pic 5:RK fishing dock
pic 6:mayor office and nomad well
pic 7: dense forest summer yr 2

Nilla

brads3

there wasn't a problem. i could have kept going with it. i dd want to try and get corn for the indians and test the dense forest mod in a game. gatherer had asked for info on the education too. i thought at year 20 with the info menus was a good time to stop and change maps. then i plan to run without education and keep posting the stats menu every 2 years with the education level. at least until it becomes a major problem.
        with the nomad issue fixed, i did have to move a few mods in the mod order.i had moved them in proces of trying to find the problem. i had forgotten why i didn't run the North above RK.  i still get the RK dark texture unless i run the CC terrains above the North and use the verdant plains setting. that overrides either TOM or RED's ground textures though. this mod order is about as good as it can get. at least without adding new mods to it. the main mods can't be moved.

did you have a reason you want me to keep going with the other 1??

Nilla

No,no this one will be fine. I just wanted to know, that settlement didn't really felt "finished", that's all.

brads3

YEAR 3-4

to trade for the seeds,we need a trade good.since we have a hill to the east,it does make sence to export marble.the amount and value should give us seed trades quick.the bannies work to build the holding pen on a hill along the lake. a 20x13 will give animals a place to graze.no nomads arrive to help.
     in year 4,we dig the marble quarry.the food limit was raised to 15,000,clothing to 150,tools to 90.since we have the materials we will build some stock reserves.2 nomads arrive to dig marble out.the fisherman's wife died during chidbirth so we did add a cemetary.a colonial trading post will export the marble.a snakk dick storage is  constucted beside it.there is enough coats to send 100 to the TP.

pic 1:holding pen
pic 2:marble quarry
pic 3:colonial trading post and yr4 stats
pic 4: cemetary

brads3

YEAR 5-6

the 2 nomads in year 5 will add a tiny iron mine.the iron will give me some building options.i have a plan to send workers to collect the stone and iorn ore. there is lots more of it then trees around us.to store, it i added Slink's industrial market.an old mod but works quite well.beside it,i build the stone gatherer.this will give the bannies time to clear logs and food. with heavey rocks out of the way,it will be easier to clear fields later.the mineral,clothing and tools are raised.this way we are ahead on supplies.the bannies will help each other when they get caught up.

in year 6,the 2 nomads will move near the stone gatherer.1 is able to start clearing stone.once their house is finished,the iron gatherer can be built.
       a merchant brings friesian cows.we take 4 and pass on the berry seeds.the cows will stay in the holding pen while a 30x30 pasture is fenced.

the education level did fall below 50% with the last nomad group.the nomads were sent to the quarry and mine.there is children growing up that aren't educated either. 1 has took over a wheat field and that is down 100.2 took over making clothes and tools but they can keep up.even if the uneducated workers move a little slower,the marble and iron will pay off.the blacksmith and tailor spend most of thier time helping as laborers.wanting to conserve the stone,we are using iron ore tools.there may be productivity losses if you figure in the materials. as long as everyone has a coat and tool and is busy,we don't worry.

pic 1:tiny iron mine
pic 2:dense forest 5 yr growth check
pic 5:yr 6 stats
pic 4:stone gatherer and Slink industrial market

brads3

YEAR 7-8

a family of 3 nomads arrive they will build near the pasture. the iron gatherer goes to work. we trade for turnip seeds.several laborers leave the pasture to clear a field.a case of diptheria slows work down.everyone has to threat themself but nobody dies.

a merchant stops and only offers 8 for our marble,others offer 11.the seeds do range in price.there is some affects from the North's trading.
      the large pasture will hold 45 cows.a new field and orchard are cleared by spring.the field will wait for new seed,but the dense orchard is planted in blackberries.RED's mod does override the forget orchard mod on some fruits.all farmers are educated except the orchard even though the education is down to 43%.the wheat does get hit with and early frost but the turnips produce over 500.

a family of 4 arrive in may of year 8.they will make soap and run a hospital.they will check over any new nomads and teach everyone to work safely.

when the builder has time he does work to extend the roads.that is another nice change since changing to this complex setup instead of CC. i can lay out roads and the builder will clear them himself.plus he continues to take care of construction when he is needed.the old way i had to send laborers ahead of builders and often clear roads twice.a nice improvement.

Kristophe brings pear seed and offers only 8 for marble. he would take orders for fruit seed but no vegetables.i was checking to see if he might bring field corn.oddly he would take orders for some mixed items including twine,yarn,and flowers.

pic 1: iron and stone gatherers radius
pic 2:dairy pasture
pic 3:blackberry trade
pic 4:turnip field and veggy&fruit barn, a pre-RK mod but uses the textures
pic 5:yr8 stats,
pic 6:colonial hospital,soapery,and a granny park

brads3

YEAR 9-10

we have grown fast and need more food.there will be 2 fields of wheat2 turnips,and the blackberry orchard this year.we have 43 bannies and 8 work to produce food.the 2 laborers continue clearing land and hauling in logs and thatch.the houses are buringing almost as much thatch as firewood.
       the nomad couple will help our laborers.in the future they will operate a mill and bakery.

summer is cool and the berries aren't growing fast.in september,i did send the farmer to harvest at 25%.the workers are collecting food outside our village. with such a cool summer,the fields don't produce well but the gathering and hunting mae up the difference.we do show a gain for the year.

there is 1 female now 16 yrs old living with her parents.a large sized colonial will be built for the trader and a nordic fishing dock.this way they can keep watch for merchant boats.
          education is down to 35% at the start of year 10.i will do reports at the end of this year.the laborers will work at clearing 2 future fields amd an area for pasture.

i'll accept the 5 nomads this year. this is the 7th set.after this i will deny them for 2 years.there is a couple,2 teens and a small child. 2 will work the new fields.KIDDs gothic beekeeper will pollinate the berries.since it is too late to plant,1 will work as a 2nd hunter this year.

a korean merchant named Rockett shows up with bison,lamas,ducks,and lemon seeds.we do buy 266 salted meat with 100 marble.
        we have had 2 small cases of influenza the last couple years.they were cleared up before they spread.the only death was another lady died during child birth.it was the girl we just moved by the trading dock.

pic 1: nordic fish dock
pic 2: beekeeper

brads3

YEAR 10 REVIEW

population 57 in 14 houses,education down to 28%.20 nomads were accepted. we ship marble and leather coats.we gained turnip and blackberry seed and halfbreed milk cows.when the laborers had time, they have helped gather food.we burn thatch and firewood.
        our fields under 500 food production.fishing is close to 300.if the summers will warm up above 70 degrees,the fields would do better.there isn't a big difference between fields from educated workers.the tailor,blacksmithand wood cutter are educated.the doctor,2 farmers,a quarry worker,and a miner are educated.

i do want to increase the firewood limit.at the same time,i should increase the tool limit.textiles are close to the limit.half of it is pelts and fursso i will double it to 400.there are no storage issues.

going forward,we need to build up some wood stockpiles.since the fields are doing as well without educated workers,i will continue without a school for now.the North might be affecting that with this map.my attempts to move the North higher in mod order could have it affecting the registry.even though i did have to move it back down,this can change how it plays.some summers have been cool but the snow has melted by mid-march. frost holds off til late october.the growing season is longer than a North climate would give.

the dense forest check area is looking thicker.the mod affects the birch and aspens more than my pines.there isn't an overabundance of any foods from the gathering or land clearng.the main town center isn't overgrown either.the mod seems to have the trees growing in the forests and less sporadically everywhere else.where the bannies walk and cut trees,not as many are growing back.let's see what it does in another 10 years.

pic 1:yr 10 stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: food graph
pic 5: citizen graph
pic 6: storage and limits
pic 7 and 8: dense forest checks

brads3

YEAR 11-13

plan to not accept nomads until year 13. 1 year we will build stockpiles and clear land.1 to build for the villagers and 1 to work on nomad housing and workplaces.there is extra help,since the children don't have a school. i wait til they are 16 to build houses.they pair up well that way.

the 5 indian nomads pass through town wearing war paint. they are headed north to fight the french and vikings.said there corn was stolen and then cursed.with another cool summer,our crops have not produced very well.the berry orchard barely had any fruit.wheat has suffered harder also.

even though there isn't enough wheat for it,we will build the colonial windmill and bakery in year 12.once the builder is supplied, the laborers will clear trees and gather more food.due to the bad food year,a 2nd quick hunter is sent out. a large deer herd is grazing where the bannies cleared so he should make up for last years losses.

7 nomads pass by. they are looking for a river of gold.it sounded funny to us. you can't drink gold. they say sure you can it makes you live longer even.most of them seem to talk funny.the children say they are all funny in the head.
         june temperature is 70. at 70 the crops production increases.below 70 it almost stops.july is half 70-71 and half the month falls below.august starts with a high 66 falling to mid 50's. all crops are over 90% by mid-august.i sent the farmer to harvest the berries at 93%.september instantly drops below 50 and ends at 35.the farmers start harvests themselves.snow comes the 1st of october.by then the crops are half harvested.the orchard has 5% left and has produced 660.we average 400+ on the crops.there is a considerable difference this year to educated farmers.starting the orchard harvest early did overcome that.below 30,the fields lose produce.the 2 south fields will switch crops next year.this moves the wheat away from the veggy-fruit barn.

year 13,we will work toward a forest east of the lake and north of the mining mountain.nomads will come soon to work it.it is april before the temperature gets above freezing.the FO forester and hunter will fit without worrying the workers will cross the river and get lost.a pine vanilla gatherer will be used to collect the varied foods.for storage,an RK forest barn.and red colored pine cabins for housing.it is a mix of mods but will work well.the FO hunterwill replace 1 quickhunter.
      8 new citizens arrive.i pause and save the game twice.then unpause and repause, so i can see who they are.
1 couple with 2 children and a couple with a teen and child.their 14yr old daughter chooses to build a yellow cabin and fish. she claims she can catch more fish with the FO dock.
       summer doesnt get above 64 degrees.in mid august i send the farmwers to harvest the wheat fields at over 85% each. the orchard is barely 50% and set to harvest.the turnips are almost 80% but left to september.the wheat did better than the turnips by being harvested earlier.the cooler summer cost us 45% of the orchard.
        Lashaan trades us chili,sugar beet,and bean seeds.2 fields are added and crops are rotated.3 wheat fields,2 bean fields,1 each of sugarbeet,chili,and turnips.

pic 1: more cleared land
pic 2:mill and bakery
pic 3: crop outputs,orchard farmer is not educated
pic 4: chili seed trade
pic 5: yr 13 stats and nomads
pic 6: FO forest with a mixture of mods.

Nilla

brads3

GATHERER dared me to play it without education. we survive so far.

Nilla

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

Quote from: Gatherer on May 14, 2018, 03:00:35 PM
Nice picture with the apiaries. It reminds me I haven't built RK apiary in a long time. I think I'll build one in my current town.

Also could you include education percentage with these yearly reports? It still amazes me how you can support the town with all those uneducated nomads. I wouldn't dare trying to play this way. You're a braver man than me...and crazier. ;D