News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

(Mis)using Kid's sweet mods

Started by Nilla, November 14, 2020, 06:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

I promised a few screenshots in another thread. Here they are. I have played a couple of large vanilla games lately and really wanted something different. So I loaded a few of Kid's mods I haven't played before, even if they aren't really new.

It's no long modlist, all mods from Kid:
Animal Shed Plus
Farmyard
Forest Haven
Friendly Pumpkin
New Toolbar
Tiny
Tree Replacer
New Flora Edit (Not only Kid)
Nomads
Override Rural Clothes

Now, I really wanted a nice, small game with spread family farms, something different from my usual crowded towns. And it did work............ 3 years or so.  :-[  ::) :P Then it became as always; site A needs a barn close, and where a barn is, it's suitable to locate also site B and maybe also site C and because site D uses the raw material from site C, it too needs to be close.....

So, I gave in to my usual way of playing and started a new game, where I allowed myself to build crowded, right from the start. I want to fill a small mountain map, and build no trading port. That is always a challenge, not only can you buy things you have too little of, you can't get rid of a surplus.

It's been a very nice game, challenging in a different way. It's easy to produce enough of everything but not so easy to keep it balanced. And as always, Kid; your mods are beautiful and nice to play.

First picture
This is my first town as it still looked like I planned it from the start.

Second picture
An experienced player like me shouldn't make these mistakes. Have you ever seen a worse located hospital?

Third picture
I know, these mods are not meant to be used like this. Sorry, Kid.  :-[ But maybe you want to see it anyway. I love the "pig patch", unfortunately, I could only build one. I don't need so much leather.

Fourth picture
I have too much apples. Patch 1 is good when you also want firewood and it produces a lot of apples but otherwise, the stores are good balanced. I thought of brewing apple ale.

You can also see that both hospital and well are moved. Now it works.

brads3

good to see you posting.

balancing and efficiency ,i never look at much. in colonial days,it was common for a person to have to travel a ways to town. when the pioneers headed west,there weren't towns along the way. there were some forts spread thru the regiions.back then a trip to town might be a week's journey or more. time there,rest,and time back.

to make up for the loss due to my playing being different from yours, i scatter laborers.these extra workers in the far off forests or farm areas drop supplies for the workers.boosting the limits for clothes,tools,and firewood early helps with that. the bannies always scatter stuff everywhere anyhow,so use it to our advvantage.

another thing that might work. the farmyards have a variety of limits. i don't worry if some hit the clothing limit or tools limits in the summer. this might slow the food down for 1 or 2 items. can trade for what food a few farms would lose. they  aren't stopped at the limit long enuf to greatly effect food outputs.

my biggest issue lately is not having enuf logs and firewood. since i went to using the DS IND mod,i have noticed it. think the happiness system effects the wood cutter or foresters more than any other workplace. it is workable but i need to adjust my own playstyle to add more foresters earlier.

we all play different but as long as we have fun at it, that counts. 

kid1293

;D ;D First I was shocked when I saw the third picture, but hey... It works! :) :)

Nilla

I often use the limits to control the amount of some things, too Brad. Here I needed to change my way of playing; when I noticed that the patches stopped working when some limit was reached, I felt it was a reminder to adjust either the production or the limits. No big thing.

Maybe Brad, if you are short on firewood, you should put Kid's Forest Haven on top of your mod list and magic will happen. ;) (At least I think it's the Forest haven). How do you think I can support this large settlement with the small forest area and a few firewoodproducing patches?

How much production is missing in Industrial mining depends more on where the idling locations are located compared to the workplace than on profession. If all idling locations are far away, it's no big problem. The Bannis stop working briefly and then back to work. If idling locations are close, it's also not such a big problem, the ways are short and idling doesn't take long. But if there are several idling locations on medium distance (maybe something like 20 tiles) they are constantly on their way to idle and production can be miserable.

brads3

my order is cursed. if churches get full,bannies don't just idle they go on full strike. having noticed, that i start to think the happiness in the background has an affect more than i can see. my happiness meter never moves so can not detect anything.

with the pine mod,trees are suppose to be giving more logs. i have doubled the workers at the foresters. placed more wood cutters. even in RK's thick forersts, we run short of logs. every fall, the bannies search for mjore land to cut trees from. they were smart and cut lumber early when they had extra logs.

i can't prove it but think the DS adjusted how much firewood houses use or changed the cutters to be less productive. tis a obstacle we face in the new world.