News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Forest Outpost V2 fixed

Started by kid1293, February 19, 2017, 05:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grammycat

Maybe a small town hall and chapel to match textures of houses?  :) :) :) and thank you?

kid1293

Ooops! I opened the door...

Fishing pier sounds nice. I can be lazy and modify my Tiny one.  ???

A doctor? They are needed and I made a small school, so why not?

Bartender send me files, so his annual plants will be harvested. :)

A new house. Something in mind @Paeng ? (not too straight placement, I suppose...)  :D

Bath House. Sorry, but no, unless I make it together with the doctor like RedKetchup did.

Maybe copy my Tiny Wood Chopper (convenient to have near)

Time for dinner. Keep posting.

edit - Just saw your post @grammycat . I'm a lttle tired of town halls but something like a chapel could fit.

I'll have to chew on this. :)

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on April 22, 2017, 10:18:25 AMA new house. Something in mind @Paeng ? (not too straight placement, I suppose...)  :D

Nothing fancy, small and compact like the current one, just some different roofing, and not too bright... I'm into "shacks" these days   ;)

A little angle... well, that would be a cool bonus  :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

tanypredator

Quote from: kid1293 on April 22, 2017, 10:18:25 AM
Bath House. Sorry, but no, unless I make it together with the doctor like RedKetchup did.

That is what I meant. A hospital mechanics, but more rustic. But it is not actually needed. I think that some health tweaks have to be made, it is too easy to provide health. I've got such mod from Nexus, but hadn't tested yet, not sure about conflicts.

Abandoned

disagree there, small hospital is needed to match this set, when taking in nomads.  Nice to add bartenders plants but would not want to see this mod linked to too many other mods, especially bigger mods with their own special buildings and materials etc..  Rustic forest chapel sounds nice. Tiny town hall matches really well.  Don't know if tiny chopper copy needed, I think the tiny set is real popular.  I know I use it all the time and am keeping pieces in original toolbar locations.

Other note regarding fax, workplace tailor uses tany's wild flax but not cultured flax and Colonial Clothes Store uses neither but that's okay. glad forest workshop will use the wild flax.    :)

Turis

Does the town have to be a town hall? It could just be a building which functions like a town hall like in the Tiny mod.

Paeng

Quote from: Turis on April 22, 2017, 12:07:19 PMIt could just be a building which functions like a town hall like in the Tiny mod.

That's true - for all intent and purpose, someone should make a standalone "TH Mod", which could be an old boat or a lamp post or a menhir or whatever... All we need is the UI. One for all.

Then all the townhalls in circulation can be turned into nice Residences ("Major's House") where his family can live...

Abandoned

excuse me, my little people have town meetings at their town halls.  Are you saying my main character should met with the townspeople under a lamp post?  While the mayor and his family live in a nice residence my main character will be out standing under a lamp post.  One for all !  For Shame !

Paeng

Your townhalls could still all be the same, conference hall and all.

Only that with the new administration they would have nice little apartments for your family as well.

The Lamp post only has the bell for visitors to ring.

;)

Abandoned

Was only kidding, possibilities with this game seem to be endless.  Lots of variety but will all keep coming up with more ideas  :)

The Pilgrim

How about some medieval thatched roof cottages?

brads3

lmao. what was the topic anyhow??? i count like 5 or so by re-reading the posts. you all drinking or too many cups of coffee?
i actually like my mini set with its TH to get nomads early in games.most of the TH's are for bigger towns and don't get nomads by themself. as to the tools yes i do wish the blacksmith mod overrode all other BS's. i have got used to it though. i can set the mini to stone and then the next to iron ore and go from there. saves running out of ore and then tools also. my own safety nets.i do that with clothing also.leave 1 to hides and work to pelts,furs,and survivals. then excess can be traded.
   PAENG,i do like the housing options of that wildwest mod. but i wonder where the mail from the post office is going??lmao

Abandoned

@brads3 regarding town hall, the mini set from kralyerg is the tent with tree stumps.  Kids tiny town hall is the round stone and wood one, the well is what gets nomads.  All in all, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a town hall and similar nomad well to match the forest outpost, but not really necessary.

So we have fisherman, chapel, hospital, and house if I didn't miss something summarizing.

poor kid, we are probably giving him indigestion after dinner, sorry kid.

brads3

i thought you all had problems with the nomad well?i like the mini Th for nomads because it is quick and does not depend on having another building.build in year 1 and nomads usually by year 4. no i aint against adding to this set though.i use the emporium mod with it cause it is like having a hunting lodge, a good size market to move items both in and out of the forests.build a village around the emporium and set 3 or so forests around that.we do need a woodland medical of sorts.the main forest 1 is NECORA's . before that the main 1 was  from RED'S NMT set or the mini tent hospital.

kid1293

I think the problem with the Nomad Well is fixed by Luke.
It was obviously a simple problem to solve.
Nomads were on the way and you delete the spawn building. Crash.

Quote from: Abandoned on April 22, 2017, 09:17:27 PM

So we have fisherman, chapel, hospital, and house if I didn't miss something summarizing.

poor kid, we are probably giving him indigestion after dinner, sorry kid.

No, I do not have any problem with you people. I had my dinner and took
the evening off. So now I am reading up on all your ideas.

You summarize it it all @Abandoned . In the right order too. :)

I have ideas for fisherman and chapel but haven't found any 'alternate'
build version for hospital or house. It will eventually clear itself up.
Was thinking of wooden roofs. Little like vanilla roofs.

Ahh. Coffee...