News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Hard Mod Help

Started by jrpjim, February 15, 2019, 08:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrpjim

First for those of you who enjoy a challenge 814448873 Valleys/Large/Fair/Off

For me the game just has lost all its challenge and comes down to luck so a mod is in the works.

My style of game play is Adam & Eve 100% educated, clothed with tools from day 1 with a 10/30/.3 or 15/50/.6 climate with any terrain. My problem Is by year 10 or so I have built up such a reserve of resources that only a tsunami  disaster could kill off the pop. Yes I know making the climate harsher can make it almost impossible to survive but then it comes down to dumb luck and what I want is a 50% chance of 100% survival 90% chance of overall survival if you micro manage for the first 10 years. Again climate gets me 50% 50% of overall survival and 0% chance of 100% survival even with perfect micro managing.
My second issue is I want only one mod and it will override everything so there is no way "cheat" and make the game easier. In other words you can and should use everything on the tool bar to survive.

Generous contributions from KID has reduced my needs for artwork down to Campfires, Tents, Huts and Caves

Any suggestions on making the game harder are both welcome and solicited

Things that are already in the works based around a Adam and Eve setting.
1.  A real life first year setting meaning there is no way a warm cozy house can be build by two people but!

2. All Gen 1 buildings can be built with Min of resources and time but have restricted radius increased production times reduced yields to bring them in line with real world.

3. First gen housing Cave, Camp fire or Tent (If you are lucky enough to get Deer) but in the case of campfire and tent require large amounts of firewood to keep warm.

4.And you all know the drawbacks to having your main base located next to a mountain early game granted a cave requires little heating but Bennies aren't happy living in or around caves.

5.I also believe terrain leveling tools are not cheats but do Require considerable time and granted generate resources. (Still working on details)

6. Longer Build Times for the standard buildings What I call Gen 2 Buildings to put them inline with real world.

7.Pioneer profession can hunt,gather,fish and in general use any first gen building

Jinxiewinxie

When you say single square, do you mean models (blender/fbx meshes) that take up a single square of "footprint" in game?

jrpjim

Yes and no The art takes up single square but has a two square footprint. With the second square typically being a road

kid1293

And you need two squares road only?

jrpjim

Yes That is the key to my next level the FBX for two Squares road only.

kid1293

This means something like my Workplace?

jrpjim

Yes exactly.
By the way your Tiny work place mods are perfect except they need to be able to be placed on roads. Only reason I cant use your mod as is because its just to easy for me no matter what settings I use.

RedKetchup

Quote from: jrpjim on February 15, 2019, 08:53:57 AM
Have also moded the UI in I believe most of the normal ways tool bars, tabs, town center type etc. Granted I still am having problems with one UI the "TRADE.rsc" if anyone has pointers would be helpful.

trade.rsc is very touchy. it holds the merchant code and cannot be seperated (i asked the developper about it)
but things you can do, you can use this line at some places and you can hide some things even like tabs.

Flags _flags = Hidden;
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Tiny things are more Kid's domain :)
but i maybe have some little things like you asked for campire... tents...
most of my buildings are huge :D

jrpjim

Touchy is not the proper word. I think adding a comment line causes a crash ;)

My goal is to get rid of the order options for me it makes it just to easy. I will try the Hidden. Any chance you have sample of how and where to use the Hidden Flag?

But I am glad to hear its not just me that finds this code hard to deal with.

RedKetchup

Quote from: jrpjim on February 15, 2019, 02:32:38 PM
Touchy is not the proper word. I think adding a comment line causes a crash ;)

My goal is to get rid of the order options for me it makes it just to easy. I will try the Hidden. Any chance you have sample of how and where to use the Hidden Flag?

But I am glad to hear its not just me that finds this code hard to deal with.

this is my copy i made for myself...

and also a modified "trade for my old warehouse with some hidden tricks.

jrpjim

That did the trick :)
The ASM programmer in me hates leaving all the bloat in the file  >:(
The business man in me says move on to the next project. ;)

Thanks a mil

Did any one ever make a post or list of "Tricks" like this one.

Maybe some one knows how to make a production building that is also a residence.

Abandoned

See here for Old Hunter  http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1510.0   There is also Old Tailor and Old Blacksmith and Old Bakery with residence by RedKetchup   :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: jrpjim on February 15, 2019, 03:07:22 PM
Maybe some one knows how to make a production building that is also a residence.

thats 2 UI choices we cannot combine. we cant put a residence inside a building doing something else. the only thing you can do, is an annex that attach to it and dedicate it as a residence like i did with vanilla tailor, vanilla hunter, vanilla blacksmith, vanilla tavern....

jrpjim

Sorry Red and Abandoned I was making a Little Joke I know you cant combine certain types of UI both Producers and Residences have inventory = conflict, same goes for workers system cant allow one container with two different uses for Bennies. And annexing is exactly what I am requesting the FBX files for.

But what is fun the system will let you make a residence a storage location then farmers can drop off there produce in there or any one Else's home this all works great saves a lot of time makes farmers and laborers get a lot done with less travel time ???
Only problem when residence runs low on something resident will run out to the closest storage location to get more, problem is the closest storage location is the residence so resident gets 10 food from storage then quickly deposits the 10 food back into the residence.

I did make a MOD to have the Toolmaker/Chopper/Tailor building be  Storage Location and having the profession set to Laborer which so far seems to be working great even with no Laborer's available tools get built for example by farmers after crops are planted and in winter. This has little to no value once the population gets above some number but with a small pop especially Adam & Eve it seems to work great even reducing idling time and making micromanaging much more efficient. When I finish with this round of MOD'ing I will put some test time in to see if this is viable if some one knows of a problem already with it drop me a line.