News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Woot 900 Citizens for my very first time ever !

Started by RedKetchup, June 14, 2014, 02:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaldir

Quote from: mariesalias on June 15, 2014, 04:20:59 PM
Before I (by I, I mean my husband) upgraded my computer this last time, I believe my loading times were up to 20-30 minutes.

20 to 30 minutes?! Wow, and I was complaining about 2 or 3 minutes. :D

It was indeed a sad day when Twallan sent out word of his retirement, even when it wasn't really a surprise. The community is doing a good job though at NRaas. I have about 30 mods of his too, next to several hundreds of other cc. But nowadays I mostly build, and don't play much anymore. I lost interest in the gameplay. My wife still plays though, while I manage her mods. :)

Luke kind of reminds me of Twallan. Twallan, although more talkative than Luke, never said much about his private life. He didn't really say much more than needed ever. But he did listen to the community and delivered a professional product.

Quote from: mariesalias on June 15, 2014, 04:25:51 PM
That does not sound very good! :\   Hopefully the patch containing this fix comes out soon!

Seeing how the patching frequency went up with 1.0.3, I'm hopeful it will be soon indeed.

mariesalias

Quote from: Kaldir on June 15, 2014, 04:38:10 PM
Quote from: mariesalias on June 15, 2014, 04:20:59 PM
Before I (by I, I mean my husband) upgraded my computer this last time, I believe my loading times were up to 20-30 minutes.

20 to 30 minutes?! Wow, and I was complaining about 2 or 3 minutes. :D

It was indeed a sad day when Twallan sent out word of his retirement, even when it wasn't really a surprise. The community is doing a good job though at NRaas. I have about 30 mods of his too, next to several hundreds of other cc. But nowadays I mostly build, and don't play much anymore. I lost interest in the gameplay. My wife still plays though, while I manage her mods. :)

Luke kind of reminds me of Twallan. Twallan, although more talkative than Luke, never said much about his private life. He didn't really say much more than needed ever. But he did listen to the community and delivered a professional product.

2-3 minutes is what I have now; just enough time to make a cup of tea. :D

I had pretty much sworn off all mods and CC after Sims 2 because I had some horrible experiences with it then. Twallan changed my mind, and his mods really did save my game and make it playable again. I do have some tuning mods by some other modders with good reputations that I use, as well. More quality-of-life mods then necessary ones.

CC is a slippery slope for me. At first I said I would not have any, but once I started using mods, I had to get some CC skins to replace the EA plastic one. Then, some better eyebrows and  some hairstyles that were almost entirely missing (like long hair). Then more hairs and some better, more subtle makeups. Pregnancy clothes, as there is so little of it, and clothing for elders, teens, and children soon followed.  And so forth. I now have more hairs and clothes and such then I want to admit (but not a huge amount compared to others!).

I did tell myself I would not use any build/buy CC, as I have to draw the line somewhere. But I have downloaded some tulips, paintings, and rugs. I have not installed them yet but  it is only a matter of time. Some of the build CC looks so amazing! It is becoming difficult to resist!

I spend a lot of my time building now, though I do still play at times. I have a 20 generation genetics legacy I have been playing for 1 or 2 years now (I forget) but I am only on the 8th generation so far. I have committed to finishing it out so I will eventually. I like it because with each generation I switch towns and build it up and fill the new neighborhood (I like micromanaging everyone/the town). TS3 is one of the few games that can so completely take up my thoughts with all the various aspects of it, that I can just play and not think. Banished also does this for me, but not as completely.

Kaldir

I'd love some recommendations on quality TS3 hairstyles, as I find most of the ones I tried to be mediocre at best. But maybe we should take this conversation to the Other Games section, before people think this thread is about 900 Sims in a town. :D

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

mariesalias

solarscreen

Banished is still somewhat cpu intensive and not quite optimized graphically either.  Lagging is going to start @ 1,00 to 1,200.  I think way back in the beginning someone found that the lagging could be reduced by reducing the number of barns you have.  Might be worth experimenting with.

@RedKetchup - 1400!  The freezes really slow you down at that population!
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

RedKetchup

@solarscreen   yeah it s starting to be super annoying, it last 10 secs now :'(

if i put the number by default of farmers for each crops ... i already passed the 500, but i decided of a plan, and what i decided for this contest so i m trying to stick with my battleplan :)

irrelevant

I just noticed the freezes for the first time yesterday. My pop was around 1500 when it started being annoying.

RedKetchup

woah 1500 ? is it your map for the 500farmer contest ?

salamander

I hope not ... I don't think I could compete with that.  ;)

irrelevant

No, I am just on my second town, still learning. I'm pretty good at playing games though  ;) And this game is ideal for a bean counter like me.

I only have a couple hundred farmers. One per farm. Does assigning more farmers to the same acreage gain you any benefit? I have nearly 400 laborers available.

mariesalias

Quote from: irrelevant on June 16, 2014, 06:33:54 AM
No, I am just on my second town, still learning. I'm pretty good at playing games though  ;) And this game is ideal for a bean counter like me.

I only have a couple hundred farmers. One per farm. Does assigning more farmers to the same acreage gain you any benefit? I have nearly 400 laborers available.

If they are not getting all their crops in before the frosts kills it, then putting more on can help.

irrelevant

Quote from: mariesalias on June 16, 2014, 06:43:04 AM
If they are not getting all their crops in before the frosts kills it, then putting more on can help.
Normally I don't have problems with this but I realize a short growing season is a possibility. Is there some way to see this coming in advance or do you just have to keep them assigned full time?

salamander

I don't know of any way to predict when an early frost will occur.  Even on mild or moderate climate, occasional early cold weather can reduce your yield for that year.  That's one of the reasons having a decent reserve of food in storage is important.

Putting more farmers on a field can increase the chances that a harvest will be completed before cold weather sets in, and it gives you a safety margin if a farmer decides to go idling about, but there's a limit -- the max possible yield of a field is based on size, and once you've reached a number of assigned farmers that can reliably bring in the harvest, there's no point in assigning more.  If you do, you basically have a mouth to feed that's not really doing anything useful.

mariesalias

I usually only assign an extra worker if I notice crops dying in frost multiple years.