News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

A University?

Started by Paeng, September 15, 2016, 12:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

I'd love to see a building that starts as a school and can be upgraded, preferrably with RedK's Overlap Tech... so by adding a 2nd and 3rd floor you can properly add teachers, and raise capacities...

Later maybe add modules for really large towns, like an AudiMax (still high cap schools), some sports facilities (health) and such, to make it a true university compound...

I know some folks don't like centralized edu, but in my experience, long schoolways become kinda relative in large cities with high pop... plus one can still build small schools in wayout hamlets anyway.  :)

I'm tired of scaping up some space in a (usually) bad location to accomodate another 12 or 20 pupils... I want a strong education facility that can grow with my town. And yes, centralized...  ;)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

i can check if i can get something going on, Paeng
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Discrepancy

Brilliant! another majestic looking building  8)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Discrepancy on September 17, 2016, 04:21:28 PM
Brilliant! another majestic looking building  8)

can you guess which university is the model ? ^^

Kimbolton

It's the University of Virginia right? It's about 50 miles up the road from me. :)

I love the building.

Pangaea

Great stuff @RedKetchup. I continue to be amazed at how quickly you whip together these splendid-looking buildings :)

RedKetchup

bah it is never exactly the same at 100% ^^ i go how i can and i try to adapt it for banished world.

and also , i have to play world of warcraft new expac alot of hours everyday :S
so i can have an hour or 2 here and there.

i still have to do the footprint and the building process.
and then i need to figure out how i ll do the extra buildings you ll be able to add to this.

Kimbolton

Ha! So many wonderful things being added here by all the modders. I am starting to have trouble keeping up!

These are indeed exciting times here in the world of Banished! :)

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 17, 2016, 04:07:57 PMsome screenshots  :P

Indeed a majestic building... fantastic looking   ;D
Another one of the great wonders to build in late game like a cathedral!

Though would this upgrade?
My reasoning was to have edu upgrades in a 1, 2, 3 floor building (using overlap tech), so -

1st floor (base) = 20 students + 1 teacher
2nd floor (overlap1) = 130 students + 1 teacher
3rd floor (overlap2) = 250 students + 1 teacher

In the end you'd have a 3floor overlapping school that holds 3 individual teachers and ~400 pupils, where you build the additional levels as your town grows, in a pre-determined space...  :)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Trizeropz

I think it would be a little to much.. 400 students with 3 teacher?
I know the builings takes more space with the overlap and its like 2 schools next together, but 400 is too many imo:D

paralias

maybe not floors on top of each other but next to it.... maybe the first building will have a very big footprint with empty designated spaces for the other buildings.. you build the first one and later when you want more capacity you'll build a classroom for example in its designated footprint.. if its possible

RedKetchup

and what it this buillding allow 250 students with a fixed 3 teacher, and you can add 2 buildings de 1x6 each side (4 total) de 25 students + 1 teacher each ?
would give you 350 students ?

this university can be a very nice set

Trizeropz

So 3+4 teacher for 350 students? Should be okay if the footprint is like 4 times as big as 1 school? Or more?

Denis de la Rive

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 18, 2016, 10:55:23 AM
and what it this buillding allow 250 students with a fixed 3 teacher, and you can add 2 buildings de 1x6 each side (4 total) de 25 students + 1 teacher each ?
would give you 350 students ?

That sounds wonderful! With all these great things I'm going to learn a new language to keep my posts interesting, orc or klingon?  :)