News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING of AMERICA SERIES: Towns #5

Started by brads3, July 09, 2017, 08:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

KID,i hope so. it slows me down sometimes. i have to pause and think where i want the next set of nomads.some buildings can't be built til i build that production area up more.so some of the spaces is planned.some i have for more houses  like the plantation farms. i needed crop space more there.even necora's sherbrooke has more housing than i need til i get domestic animals.the game has its challenges.
   EB, i miss NILLA also. she stopped and said she was ill and didn't explain faather. that has been a while ago.
  at least now i know i didn't put you all to sleep yet.

brads3

YEAR 42-45

year 42. to use up bonemeal,we build a tropical greenhouse at the fort.it will produce pineappples.
work continues on sherbrooke.we build a tailor,blacksmith,and hospital.behind the hospital i play with the riffle mod and form a small pond.using KID's decor plant mod,we do make a small park.
      it will take time for the pine trees to grow and produce,so we have many extra workers.we send them to clear land around the new town.we added a cemetary,a fishing pier,the mill,and boathouse.we do manage to build a bridge to access the northwest corner.
      finally,we are able to drop back and work on the mining area.we add a small stone quarry.work begins on a candle shop,potter,and cooper.near the market square,we build a stone roof office,school,and health center.a tool shortage slows work down.with trading and adjusting blacksmiths, we do recover.

pic 1:riffle pond and park.
pic 2:boathouse and cemetary.
pic 3:sherbrooke mill
pic 4: candle shop and potter
pic 5: RH stone textured main buildings

brads3

YEAR 45-47

in summer, 23 nomads arrive.we begin work on snughouses near the mining. to get our tool count up,we build a vanilla blacksmith and several market carts to move materials.next we will work to boost food.a large pasture for the dairy cows and more crop fields and also fill in some spaces with more plantation houses.we also add the throwback old dairy that will produce multiple items at the same time.we send 1 couple to expand the stables to produce more fertilizer.1 family remains inour boardinghouse.

pic 1: snughouses to the right
pic 2: old throwback dairy,more plantation houses and fields.
pic 3: 2 market carts to supply the tool maker.
pic 4: stable #3

brads3

YEAR 47-50

now that our food is up over 25,000,we need to get our log count up. we also need to add 4 houses.work begins on a vanilla forest,hunter,and gatherer with log cabin housing.this is our 5th forest.as the construction and a road is being finished,60 new settlers sail up to the mini townhall.
   we decide to send 20 to the production area,10 houses.the others we will splt,some to a western town near the fodder and some to start colonial farms across the stream to the west.we will have to trade for more tools and food.in 1 year,we have about half of the RH production houses and western town build.half the new fields are layed out as well.
    we have had several deaths due to scarlet fever. our cemetaries are about half full.i checked on our old peopple and found 2 that are 77 years old.
    by winter of year 49,we have 50 crop fields plus a pecan orchard.our food reserve is over 31,000.with all the construction,we are still trying to push logs and iron up.we have way more workers that need to have a workplace. we have 55 laborers and 15 builders.

pic 1: vanilla forest area
pic 2: wild west town
pic 3: fields and colonial houses to the west.
pic 4: production rowhouses and shops.

brads3

YEAR 50 review

population 493,292 working adults,56 students,145 children in 129 house + 4 boardinghouses.43% educated

we grow by over 5 bannies per year.this means we should add a food worker per year.we need 7 more houses.we should also add 12 more food workers.we have traded for 17 seeds mostly vegetables and sheep,dairy cows,deer,leghorns,pigs,and bison.4 or our 5 greenhouses produce fruit. 1 is set to corn.
    we export mead for food,lobster pots and turpentine for building materials,perfume for livestock,
furniture and flowers for seeds,as well as leather and pelt coats and candles.we peoduce several different types of clothing and tools.

mods completed:mini,plymouth houses,veggy&fruit barn,storage shed,emporium,KID's deco plants,forest outpost,workplace,chicken coop,zmasher,bakery and mills,tropical greenhouse,brad's smokehouse,new trees,RED;s fodder utility,ketchup,snughouses,and DS hovels.i have held churches and fences for later. about 46 mods out of 110 mods.i have only used about 25% of the map.several large mod sets are started.with many large mod sets yet to build,i think i am close on space but not overly concerned.
     our greatest problem seems to be logs.we should start to run the east edge with forests.this will also push our meat and fruit up.in the next 5-10 years,logs and our production area should be a primary focus.if nomads arrive,they should expand the colonial farms and out wildwest town.for the next 50 years,i want to build the large city mod sets.unless i get food reserves up condiserably, i will hold off building more nomad catchers like the lighthouse.
    though i should do a tour,i will hold off.it would be a lot of pics.lets see where i am by year 100.

pic 1: year 50 stats
pic 2: 5 year production
pic 3: 5 year food graph
pic 4: inventory

brads3

YEAR 50

we give the workers time to catch up and finish clearing areas they are working.they add 2 fields and the builders finish off a couple markets.we add another greenhouse and well.we expand our production rowhouses.the thatch hut will be built south of the wildwest town. since i have the original version,this will complete the nat div mod.it will give us more logs for now and help our firewood later.we have a fatal error winter of year 50.that sucks cause the production town had a lot of work planned or finished.there was no save today so that is a lot of work lost.grrr %$^#$%$#@!!
    after redoing the entire year,we added aonther tiny mine for coal and a quarry.to use up feathers,we build a dock workshop and another shorehouse.we have built all of EB's markets to finish off another mod.

pic 1:general store and mini food trader
pic 2: salt mine and more RH housing
pic 3:5th fodder greenhouse

brads3

YEAR 51-summer of 52

work begins on the hardwood forest.we add the vanilla gatherer and herbalist and RK's hunter cabin.
across the north forest road we build a pine school.to deal with our growing student count,we build a dock school near the workplace village.once completed we will remove rocks from the forests.
    with extra workers,we dig 2 mines.we expand the western town and our colonial farms.of course we have a tool shortage as soon as we begin to gather the rocks.

pic 1: hardwood forest
pic 2: dock school and sheard that doesn't work due to domestic fix  mod
pic 3:more work near the production center

Abandoned

@brads3 oh my gosh, year 52 already.  You have some nice pictures and your inventory is very colorful with all the different products.  Education rate is good considered large population.  Nice  :)

brads3

yes i figure it is going to take a long time to do all the mod sets.the work goes slow. a few tool shortages have hurt us.we almost constantly trade for tools,logs,and some food.but we produce lobster traps,saddles,turpentine and several clothing types.we use fur and wool coats. sherbrooke has linen clothing.
  one thing with soo many products i like to do is have more trading posts. then you can set them to trade different products. then i split about half the item from  the inventory to the trade posts. say i have like 225 turpentine,i'd send 100 to trade.it does help keep track of what is going where and what is being stockpiled.

Abandoned

Do you have the trading posts set for auto trading?  There does seem to be a lot to keep track of and it seems to be going pretty well though.

brads3

no i do not. i do them manually when boats arrive. good reason for it. if you auto trade yet don't have enough surplus,it will trade anyhow.say at harvest when you have food built up from crop fields,it would auto buy food and use up some items. one thing with the traders to remember is they have an order to how they stock. say you set a trading post to trade 2 items out. the dude runs around trying to stock the 1st item and won't stock enough of the 2nd.
  i had a case where i was using furniture for seeds and then set it to stock flowers.if the flower count went too high,other buildings would stop working due to the limit.it works once. then the guy is waiting for furniture and doesn't stock the flowers back up.next boat,i would not have enough items to buy seed. if he had stocked the flowers then i could have bought some seeds.this problem you have control over by manually trading. if i auto-trade then the problem would be worse since then it would happen to all the trading posts.the other thing i worry is on auto trade,they will reurchase the seed i already have.so you send goods for no gain.
   when i stop the game every 5 years or so and do status and production pics and info,i then take time to check the inventory and adjust the amounts of the items going to them.i think by trading out half of any item helps alot.this way uyou don't over-trade stuff away and the trading post can be restocked quickly.say i trade hide coats,by only trading half the amount, there is always some in stock for the bannies to use and there is room below the limit so the tailors don't stop functioning.
   these boats have brought items shuffled as well. say a seed then a bunch of stuff and then another seed listed by the merchant. if it trades top down, it could miss items or it might trade for veggys when i would rather fruit.they have gave me plenty of veggy seed but no fruit seeds. i have been setting the greenhouses to fruits to keep health up.
   that is 1 reason it may look like i jump around and not finish 1 mod area completely. each has had to wait for certain items or livestock,or seeds.like the workplace had to hold up for cows to run the dairy and bakery pieces. sherbrooke waits for flax seeds and waited for the pine forest to produce as well.now it waits for maple seeds.the fort waited for building materials and cannons before some pieces could be built. now it makes muskets and stocks military supplpies to make more pieces.the other thing that holds buildings back with CC is iron. you start with about 40.then you have to refine ore and fuel to produce iron.now i have several mines but i use the iiron just as fast.

Abandoned

@brads3 , thanks for info on auto trading.  I have never tried it.  I don't do a lot of trading, usually only for seeds and livestock and don't have much of a variety of trade goods.  I do want to give it a try sometime though.

You are keeping an eye on what needs what, it is a big job on this map, I think.   I managed alright with the iron ore chain in the North, CC not so well on the freezing up maps so I used the iron is iron mod on the last cc map I tried, so I could spend less time on iron and more time seeing what else was in cc.  I want to try cc again and the pine set too, I will have to test and see if I can do them together without freeze up. 

brads3

SUMMER YEAR 52-55
      38 NEW SETTLERS,have arrived.we send workers to expand the colonial farms.the builders will add 2 greenhouses near the production center.to help our tool and log situation,we will produce hardwood furniture.we recover from our tool shortage by winter but work still goes slow.
    we dig an iron ore mine.we expand out western town back to the forest line.we add lookout towers and 2 gates east.finally we are able to build the fort quartermaster that will bring us military supplies.clearing near the colonial town continues.

pic 1:greenhouse area
pic 2:wild west town
pic 3:fort quartermaster

Abandoned

Hey Brad, I still see buildings I don't recognize, in the last picture is that trading post from CC?  Is the long building with matching roof row houses?   Good that you did not limit yourself to only 1 of each building, that would have been extremely difficult. Hope tool supply improves as you hope it will.  :)

brads3

the building to the left of the watch tower? that is the quartermaster.it doesn't work as a trading post. you set a worker and it brings military supplies which then are used to build and maintain other fort buildings.that building requires  "building supplies" to build it.now that the quartermaster functions.i can uild the blockhouse and several other fort pieces.some require hardtack and some silver.KID's rowhouse blacksmith makes muskets that are needed for some pieces also.