News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Need help packaging a graphic

Started by torgonius, December 14, 2014, 04:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

torgonius

For whatever reason, tools-x64.exe keeps disappearing from my PC. I tried a clean install of the mod kit, and it just never shows up in the folder.

I wanted to remove the building status icons from the game, to get better screenshots and video. I erased them from the BuildingIconSpriteSheet.png file in the build folder. It works perfectly on the mod kit version, but because the tools file keeps disappearing, I can't package it.

Would someone be willing to wrap this 1 file package up for me so I may get it in my game?

Thanks,

Edit: I tried to re-download the mod kit from the mothership, but the modkit download has gone unavailable as of 8:00 PM ET.

RedKetchup

isnt cause avast (antivurus)? someone mentionned that somewhere.....

personally it never happended to me.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

torgonius

Turned out that the culprit was Avast. I had to set tools-x64 to be safe.

But now, a new error when compiling. No type is registered with extension png

torgonius

The whole error:
An assertion failure has occurred. A crash dump has been saved.

Expression: false

Callstack:
Runtime-x64-profile.dll(0x00000000e47cba23)
unknown(0x00000000fffffffe)
unknown(0x000000000022d500)

RedKetchup

can you put the .png here to see ? (in attachment)

edit: also when you installed the toolkit, you made sure to use the BuildResources.bat and not the BuildResource.bat ?
(the one with the "s" calls bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe and not bin\Tools-x64.exe when you install)

torgonius

the graphic is attached to the first message.

Everything else abot the mod kit works. I was able to make to mods already and they worked fine.

RedKetchup

and there isnt a problem with your png ? why a big 256x128 png for a little 2 yellow-brown dots of 1x1 each ?
i would rather think this is part of your problem. not the fact there is 2 dot left but cause the machine expect finding something at specific coords (mapping) and it s ... empty, not a single dot.

do something, retake the original, and dont delete everything, let 1 unique 1x1 dot in each of the pictures.

but......
in case you know or dont know.....
do you know you can put the 'status icons' OFF ? in the options for better videos ?

torgonius

Quotebut......
in case you know or dont know.....
do you know you can put the 'status icons' OFF ? in the options for better videos ?

There's no way it could possibly be that simple! I'd like the last weekend of my life back now, please. Thanks!