Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

auto-purchase trading post

Started by assobanana76, September 18, 2014, 08:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangaea

Quote from: rkelly17 on October 08, 2014, 08:35:44 AM
Quote from: Pangaea on October 07, 2014, 09:21:47 AM
Not necessarily. I only have four, and had three for a very long time, and with 2000 population that isn't a problem at all. The main issue is getting livestock or seed merchants half the time, but that can now be sorted with slink's merchant fix :)

Am I reading @slink's description of her mod correctly that one can add it into a saved game? Does that mean I could (heh, heh, heh) play until I have all the seeds and live stock, then add it in and not have those pesky merchants I no longer need?

If so:  :D

Yes, that is the point with that mod :) I tested it over many years in a save, and it worked flawlessly. No more "useless" merchants, no crash either, despite adding the mod to an old save.

rkelly17

assobanana76

now you have me really confused!  :o
There are at least 5 mod that corrects the crash !!
and now what I must use??
which is the best ??  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Mahnogard

Quote from: assobanana76 on October 09, 2014, 01:33:21 AM
now you have me really confused!  :o
There are at least 5 mod that corrects the crash !!
and now what I must use??
which is the best ??  ;D

Not as confused as I get when you don't used the "quote" feature. ;D

But I assume this is in response to my post, so... It depends. I'm using the Traders Complete Fix (http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/694-Traders-Complete-Fix-Kralyerg-ShockPuppet-Brockenspectre) but it's not necessarily ideal because first of all, it rules out using Slink's mod that stops the seed and animal traders because they conflict with each other, and second, it makes other changes to the boat inventories / frequency that may or may not be desirable. But if those things don't bother you, then it seems stable, and I was able to add it to an existing save with no problems.

So, if you are still getting boat crashes, I'd look at the various fixes available, read the descriptions for what they change, and check the recent comments to ensure they work and don't cause additional problems.

If you're not having crashes, then I'd not install any fix. The crashes only happen when you add a certain number of new items from mods.

Pangaea

Are the crashes still occuring with the latest patch, without these so-called crash fixers?

Mahnogard

Quote from: Pangaea on October 09, 2014, 01:58:55 PM
Are the crashes still occuring with the latest patch, without these so-called crash fixers?

Yes, they are. Right when the trader gets to the trading post. The towns I had that were affected were all started after the latest patch was installed. I wasn't using any fixes at all until I got tired of the crashing. It probably depends on which item-adding mods are in use, how many, etc, but I ended up installing the one I linked to in that post to asso and the crashes stopped.

I just started a new town, and I don't have the fix enabled on it yet as I lightened the load with regard to mods that add items. (I'm not using Fountain Mod or Town and Textiles in Burleysbury). I won't enable it for this one unless I need to.

Pangaea

Thanks for the information. Sounds like it's still needed if you add many new products then. Sucks a bit that the newest fix increases the amount of seed merchants, though, and that it's incompatible with slink's fix for that very issue :(

Mahnogard

Quote from: Pangaea on October 09, 2014, 03:57:57 PM
Thanks for the information. Sounds like it's still needed if you add many new products then. Sucks a bit that the newest fix increases the amount of seed merchants, though, and that it's incompatible with slink's fix for that very issue :(

Yeah, that's why I'm not installing a fix on Burleysville until I find out if I hit the mystery threshold for items. I really want to use Slink's fix when the time comes.

Not having T&T or Fountain Mod should help. T&T adds 2x seeds, 2x crops, cloth, rope, oil, 2x new clothing items... Fountain mod adds 4 types of booze, 1x seeds, 1x crop. So that's a reduction of 15 right there. So I'm hoping I won't need it.