News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Quarrys

Started by irrelevant, September 26, 2014, 10:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

I don't want it to be stored there, it is in a cul-de-sac. I'd like to at least have it stored someplace closer to where it's going to get used, on the other side of the river maybe.

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on September 29, 2014, 04:33:04 PM
I don't want it to be stored there, it is in a cul-de-sac. I'd like to at least have it stored someplace closer to where it's going to get used, on the other side of the river maybe.

I can see what you mean. Your vendors will carry a certain amount across to stock in the market but you may need more than that.

irrelevant

Nah, man, markets don't stock stone. If I had TPs I'd drag it with the traders, but I'm going for Isolationist.

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on September 29, 2014, 04:44:04 PM
Nah, man, markets don't stock stone. If I had TPs I'd drag it with the traders, but I'm going for Isolationist.

Forgot again. I should remember since this has bitten me more than once.

irrelevant

I tore down all my little extraneous stockpiles, and so the laborers are bringing the stone to this stockpile here by the bridge. I can live with that.

irrelevant

Wow, 3000 stone in a quarry (60 stone taken, 98% remains), that makes it sorta worthwhile.

Pangaea

That's quite a bit -- but on the other hand, it's only enough for 75 stone houses. I suppose if one were to be self-supplied with stone on a large map, one would need to have these ugly quarries all over the place :(

slink

Or 65 stone houses, one market, one blacksmith, one cemetery, one chapel, one tailor, and two schools.

irrelevant

Well, on this small mountainous map it's going to have to be enough not only for ~100 houses (which all are going to be wooden), but also for schools, markets, and barns, and for foresters, gatherers, hunters, herbalists, fishers and mines, and for hospitals, cemeteries, and wells (to counteract the happiness detraction of the quarry and the mines) and a town hall and eventually for 3-5 TPs. So I'm going to have to be frugal. ;)

There is some surface stone and iron left, but not enough to rely on for much except for the initial few structures in any given area.

Paeng

There is also the

Quarry & Mine Pickup Fix by GimmeCat
http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/625-Quarry-Mine-Pickup-Fix

which I don't consider a cheat but really a fix...
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

irrelevant

Quote from: Paeng on October 01, 2014, 01:06:21 AM
There is also the

Quarry & Mine Pickup Fix by GimmeCat
http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/625-Quarry-Mine-Pickup-Fix

which I don't consider a cheat but really a fix...
That's interesting, I have not experienced any difficulty in getting my stone put into storage; maybe that's because my laborers outnumber my stonecutters.

assobanana76

I solved by placing the blacksmith next to mine ..
he collects the iron that serves him from the stack that the miners back side of the entrance to the mine ..
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

irrelevant

Wow, so you can at will switch a producing mine back and forth between iron and coal?? :o

slink

You sure can, and the total output is the same regardless of which you mine.  So, you can't mine 3000 iron and then go back for the 3000 in coal that you left behind (or however much it is, total).