News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forum Multi-Challenge #2: Vegetarian Village

Started by solarscreen, June 27, 2014, 07:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Terrible luck. Speedy recovery to you! And happy horizontal gaming!

salamander

Bobbi

Hi all, I've got to decide who wins each category. Going to review them all again now. Sorry to hear about your back issues, @ivorymalinov. I can certainly sympathize, although mine are not so bad. Pulled a muscle in my back last week, still recovering from that. @irrelevant, I don't think I posted a shot of my population graph. Now that I look at it, it is kind of impressive. I will post it now, with some shots of my city in summer. Just realized the shots were winter.
The last shot is of the area I was working on when time ran out. My computer gets really laggy at that population level.

Bobbi

My votes:

Best Looking....@rkelly, although I had a hard time choosing.
Most People....@irrelevant
Most map area used....@RedKetchup
Best In Show....@rkelly
Best Rookie...@rkelly

@RedKetchup, I also have curiosity as to what is difference between Best Looking and Best in Show. Overall feel of town?

irrelevant

Quote from: Bobbi on July 20, 2014, 08:37:39 PM
@irrelevant, I don't think I posted a shot of my population graph. Now that I look at it, it is kind of impressive. I will post it now, with some shots of my city in summer. Just realized the shots were winter.
@Bobbi I downloaded your town (and all of the ones that had saves posted) and ran it for a full year, so I could see what it looked like through the seasons. That was part of what I based my decisions on. But that was also when I looked at your pop graph.

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on July 20, 2014, 09:15:07 PM
@Bobbi I downloaded your town (and all of the ones that had saves posted) and ran it for a full year, so I could see what it looked like through the seasons. That was part of what I based my decisions on. But that was also when I looked at your pop graph.

^^ Did my citizens survived ? ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

@irrelevant, Ah Hah, that explains the mystery. I hope my little guys did well in that year.
BTW, what exactly qualifies as a "rookie"? Just someone who hasn't previously entered a contest? Because I could be wrong, but I thought @rkelly17 was not a "newbie"?

irrelevant

Quote from: Bobbi on July 21, 2014, 05:16:19 AM
@irrelevant, Ah Hah, that explains the mystery. I hope my little guys did well in that year.
BTW, what exactly qualifies as a "rookie"? Just someone who hasn't previously entered a contest? Because I could be wrong, but I thought @rkelly17 was not a "newbie"?
@Bobbi I actually have no idea. Somewhere upthread it says he is one, that's all I know.

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 21, 2014, 02:38:38 AM
Quote from: irrelevant on July 20, 2014, 09:15:07 PM

^^ Did my citizens survived ? ^^
@RedKetchup Yes, they did! I think they ran out of fruit though  ;)

RedKetchup

fruits and ales never been my priority ^^ I consider those as a luxury :)

about best rookie : i also thought @rkelly17  participated at ... death valley : http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=130.msg1326#msg1326
but i didnt found anything on @salamander
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Thanks for the complements, gang. I do not consider myself a rookie--actually have no idea what the definition of a "rookie" is for these challenges, but I'm pretty sure I'm not one. I did the market circle, Valley of Death and 500 farmers challenges and I've been hanging around World of Banished since the beginning. Every time I learn something new. As much as I covet the "champion" designation on my posts, I really shouldn't get the rookie prize.

As for deciding who gets which prizes, I'm looking over everyone's work and so far I am so impressed with each settlement that I'm having trouble voting. I'll keep working at it.

slink

Most People: @irrelevant  (why are we voting on an objective, easily proven, number? is this a sobriety test?)
Most map area used: @irrelevant, because what the heck I'm not going to print it out and weigh the bits of paper occupied and otherwise
Best Looking: @rkelly17, since I have no option but to vote against myself, and his map looks a bit like mine in some places even though there are FAR too many trading posts for my taste  ;)
Best In Show: @rkelly17, to make things balanced, and anyway he likes cats as I recall

Best Rookie: As far as I know, the only person in this contest who was truly a rookie was @canis39, and the entry was disqualified for having eggs on the inventory list.  You can give @canis39 the award anyway for all of me, though.   ;D

Bobbi

@slink, I am in the running for Best in Show, too, and I LOVE cats. Have three.

mariesalias

It took 2 lattes and a few breaks but I have finally completed going through each of the entries. It was difficult to choose between the towns, everyone did such a great job and all the towns were scenic and special in their own ways! Good Luck to everyone! :)

@Bobbi  Nice main street! I love what you did with it. So few barns! I like how you vary the directions of your farms close to orchards and away from them.

@irrelevant  I don't think I've seen marketplaces in the forestry hubs before; an interesting idea and picturesque! Your farmland is so neat and orderly-looking and I like how you found a way to include so many gatherer's huts. Looks like you used up almost all of your entire map and had a nice steady population climb! 

@ivorymalinov  A pretty town! There is an order to it, yet it still manages to feel organic, as well. Another one with few barns, I don't know how you guys manage with so few.

@rkelly17  Another town that manages to feel very natural and evolved. I like your balance between planned spaces and more natural, wooded areas within the town.

@RedKetchup  I love your planning; especially the symmetry and balance of it all. Overall, your town flows nicely and is pleasant to look and seems to function well.

@slink  I really like the pinwheel-style of your bigger farming areas and how you maintain a lot of green spaces around. You worked around the mountainous areas nicely. I love the story you wrote for your town!

@salamander  Thanks for the list and links, it made it easier to find everyone's towns! I liked the way your town had an orderliness to it that followed the landscape nicely. In other words, your town has a nice flow to it.

The most difficult choice was Best in Show; I had a difficult time choosing between @slink and @RedKetchup! They both have lovely towns, and both showed the development of their towns well. In the end, I went with RedKetchup because his map/town was more complete. I wish there could have been two choices!

Best Looking: @rkelly17
Most map area used: @irrelevant
Best In Show: @RedKetchup
Best Rookie Entry: @salamander? Is he considered a rookie?

solarscreen

I don't know why people are voting on most people!  When I declared it time to vote a couple pages back, I left that off the list!

Ha!  Let's see if we can declare winners soon! 

Vote everyone! Vote!
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

solarscreen

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 20, 2014, 08:28:47 AM

can I ask the difference between : best looking and best in show ?

Best in show is an entry that may or may not be the winner of an individual category but overall is so good in all categories that it can be considered the best of all the entries.

Think a pentathlon, heptathlon, or decathlon in sports.
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics