News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Merchant goes crazy

Started by banishedsanni, July 20, 2019, 01:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

banishedsanni

Ok so on my new map i have this huge lake close to the river and I thought this would be a great opportunity to use RK's canal set.
I didnt even plan to make the trader drive through. Since I didnt build a trading port I thought the traders would just ignore the canal. Wrong thought! And then merchants went crazy.

So when I saw the merchant using the canal I thought, he would just drive a circle and then go back through the canal again to his normal route (red line). Yeah... but instead he just gave full speed and jumped over the little ground between lake and small river (by using a rock in the water that randomly looks like a ramp, i guess). Then drove along the small river into the big river and against the direction in which the water flows (that man must have arms of steel!) finally reached my port (pink line).

Oookay ... so as I am an obliging girl, I build a 2nd canal with different water direction to offer a easier way out (green line) but he is still on that chuck norris trip.

Guess I need to go back to a save before i build the canal... -.-

Any tips n tricks?

Tom Sawyer

That's why people should do environmental impact studies or such before digging things into the ground. ;D

Are your merchants still able to make a trade after rowing against the river?^^ Then actually no problem for you. It will just take a bit longer between boats. Or maybe to build something to block the small stream beyond the lake like those plank bridges or a water mill.

Nilla

I don´t think that this has anything to do with the canal. It looks like you´ve blocked the river (or built something that the trader means is blocking the river). It must be somewhere between the entrance to the lake and your trading port. Some modded bridges have that effect, jetty parts and some other things might have that effect too. If you hadn´t built the canal, I guess that the merchants wouldn´t have stopped at your ports at all....... Or maybe the merchant only means this is the shortest path to the port.

banishedsanni

@Nilla The merchants stopped at my port before with no issues, i added the canal later.. more as a..deco piece.. and was confused when I first saw the merch coming from the other side suddenly and then started to investigate further.

@Tom Sawyer Yes, they just come from the other side now ^^'