News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Aging Mod Debate

Started by Abandoned, June 30, 2019, 01:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

@MarkAnthony  I will definitely start a thread about my system with a good summery of how it works and the type of mods in each section.  Since we all have different likes and dislikes the mods would differ and I have many that are probably no longer available I will not list them all.

Nice to hear you are reading my stories  :)

Abandoned

theonlywanderer

It's only a debate if we have to take everybody's personal way of playing in to account and every other mod they use.

If you just focus on the intent of the Vanilla game and just the aging mod, it's pretty simple.   Increase aging speed will make things harder, decrease aging speed will make things easier.

Why?

The vanilla game has 5:1 aging and it's production values were focused around that speed.   If you increase aging speed, it's much harder for production to keep up.   Decrease aging speed, it's far easier for production to keep up.

It's hard to argue with basic math.   I recall somewhere where the game designer said he was constantly battling with the numbers to find some kind of balance between time, aging and production and said it was really tough.   Makes sense, because it can be highly subjective.  As we see in the forum, some like to fast build, others like to build slow.   

The game designer had to find that middle compromise.     We all know the game has a certain balance you must achieve or things go bad real quick.   You can't grow too fast, production can't keep up.  You can't grow too slow, your people die of old age before enough children grow up.

I'm curious what the debate really is?   To use it or not use it?  That's not a debate, that's a personal choice.

Abandoned

I will not repeat what was stated in the first post of this thread, but the subject was again brought up whether aging mods made the game easier or harder.  It does not involve basic math because basic math does not factor in the education rate or anything else that affects production.

@theonlywanderer perhaps you will tell us if you use an aging mod and why or why not?  Why is it your personal choice?

theonlywanderer

@Abandoned

LOL!  What?    Everything about Banished is basic math.

Abandoned

I repeat "basic math because basic math does not factor in the education rate or anything else that affects production".

Thank you for your replies

theonlywanderer

Yeah, okay....

So...  you have 20 citizens, they each need 100 food a year....  hmmmm...   yeah I can see your dilemma, that's like quantum physics level right there.

You have 20 log homes, they each need 25 fuel a year, Stone about 18....   whew, that's simply not even possible to understand, just way beyond human capabilities.

Crops, Pastures, Orchards all have expected values depending on size and educated and non educated worker.  Many charts exist that detail all these out.

You have to use these basic values to know what you need to build.   IE... 1 crop can produce up to 847 food per year with educated workers.

None of this changes do to an aging mod.   Even if the mod includes changes to these values, the modder should provide that information about what they changed.

Abandoned

@theonlywanderer No one said that an aging mod changes production totals.  Education rate and other factors do, with or without an aging mod, a little more complex than 2+2

I have tried to be nice but again you are rude, insulting, and condescending.  Quoting you from the Aging Mod Challenge Thread "You clearly cannot comprehend and I'm tired of dealing with your idiocy."  I am locking this thread.  Please do not post on the Challenge Thread again, but feel free to remove your insulting post.  Thank you