News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice Edition 1.22 FULL

Started by RedKetchup, December 24, 2018, 03:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristahfer

Now that is why I play and you create @RedKetchup . That idea never even entered thinking.

Thanks for the clarification and creating great mods.

Goblin Girl

After a number of months spent playing other games (Mostly Pathfinder: Kingmaker and Bard's Tale IV) I'm back to my favorite game.  But, I decided that I needed a change from Megamod, and also that I wanted the full RKED experience.  So, all I'm running is a couple of the UI mods from Discrepancy, RKED 1.22 Full, Colorful Little Houses, Settler's Tents, and Kid's Old Town (because I wanted a small, cheap school & town hall). 

I'm loving it!  This is the first time I've played 1.22, and also the first time I've put it above other mods so your starting conditions and everything else take precedence.  What a great job you've done, Red!  The balance is perfect.  I doubt I'll ever go back to CC.  After a few games I'll probably throw in some other mods below yours to add more housing and decorative stuff, but not right now.
Good work.  Really good work!

brads3

a HUGE thank you to all the many players testing and reporting on this mod.very grateful for you finding errors so they can be fixed. it is a big help.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on January 18, 2019, 07:00:45 PM
a HUGE thank you to all the many players testing and reporting on this mod.very grateful for you finding errors so they can be fixed. it is a big help.

/agree
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

ninyaofficial

Discovered this mod pack from Keralis on Youtube, and I just had to get it for my own game.
Wonderful work, sir! Thanks so much.

Keralis (a city-builder gamer I watch on YT) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQQmlLu08Vc&list=PLs6cC73V4fpsNNAGR7Nn_Kk-_vL3lDYtu

Aiendir

When I click on the "RK" icon, to see the constructions, it takes a few seconds and the game crashes. I only have CC Journey and RK Editor enabled. Is it the same with someone else? Does anyone have a solution?

RedKetchup

journey is ontop ? and it is the last version of journey ? @Aiendir

brads3

check your version of banished to be sure you have the latest 1.07.  is it all buildings or just the townhall that crashes the game? 

RedKetchup

need to be version 1.0.7 build 170910

Aiendir

I was using another build. The problem has been solved, thank you very much.

Nilla

Have anyone else reported this or am I the onlyone who have these problems? At the beginning I was very pleased about all the new animals; it was funny watching the bears and boars running through the settlement. I'm astonished that no child was killed by a wild bear. Now after 10 years I see no more animals. I built a hunter, that worked very well at the beginning but last year he killed nothing. A second hunter on the other side of the village that I built as I noticed this have never killed anything at all.

It looks like my hunter is too efficient and have killed all there is. Is this the way it's meant to be to make it more difficult, a bug or something else?

RedKetchup

first, building an hunter cabin in a forest node is bad. it is not intended to be that way. animals tend to be near water (river/creek/lakes) or in open plains.

maybe just 1 hunter per cabin is not that good anymore, i often saw the hunter trying to be the furthest away of any packs lol and turn around when he has the feeling ... he will meet something ^^

thats or RNG or the game code is set that way lol

and for sure, 4 hunters per cabin is a very very poor management because they can only kill 1 animal per month (vanilla is set 1 animal per 2 months)

brads3

NILLLA,we did notice it.i thought RED adjusted so the animals breed more on the newer version.i am using  quickhunters off and on,just when herds come close.using less hunters per cabin and not placing as many did help to stop the overhunting. RED's anmals are timid. they will run away from hunters or other bannies. that may keep the kids safe but does mean less meat too.noo i am not joking,the animals really do run away more than the vanilla game. send a bannie toward them, they will get spooked.

REDs idea that they stay near water is half right. they spawn on the start that way.on a fresh map some of the animals are in the lakes.usually the larger herds are near the map corners in or right by water. near the center,there will be small herds.normally ducks and bison,maybe a straggler of bear or boars.after 5years,you should see more deer or elk come by. so yes it takes a few years for them to spread out and muliply. 

Artfactial

So, I 've noticed that the collection seems a bit more forgiving than it was? Resources more plentiful and some costs cranked down?
I like a challenge but nothing, with one exception, seems overly undervalued that I've come across so far; the flow is natural.:)
The one thing is Pearls from the Dock RNG fishery, with 2 bannies working give they me 15-20 pearls per season. That's quite a lot!

I love the dock storage options, they are a wonderful way to clutter and break up the patterns and make the dock-works look even more meandering.<3

RedKetchup

it is RNG. but you think i should lower the rate (which not easy) ? or lower the value (which is more easy to do) ?

in fact , here what i ll do. i ll lower the value but i ll add a jewelry maker recipe so we can do a new thing: Pearl Necklace.