News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Small Village v1.1

Started by Discrepancy, September 16, 2016, 06:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

looks a lot bigger than the 1 we have. need a good bonfire.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 14, 2017, 01:51:51 PM
Wow. This is extremely well done! The clothing too. It will be in your Pharao mod, or?

of course

Quote from: brads3 on January 14, 2017, 01:54:39 PM
looks a lot bigger than the 1 we have. need a good bonfire.

wait ? what ? where ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

what do you mean RED? we have a firepit<CC> and there is a mod with a small firepit and tent. they don't burn like yours. and they are quite small.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on January 14, 2017, 03:51:32 PM
what do you mean RED? we have a firepit<CC> and there is a mod with a small firepit and tent. they don't burn like yours. and they are quite small.

oh i never saw it .... since i never played this game since 2 years lol

can you tell me the path in the toolbars to get to it ? (there is 10,000 icons lol)

Paeng

Quote from: brads3 on January 14, 2017, 03:51:32 PMthey don't burn like yours. and they are quite small.

Yeah... I have not yet seen really dancing flames, on a huge bonfire or on tiny torches (like in a burning house desaster)... until now  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

brads3

CC has a camp fire,under decorations and the log-barrel icon for "town decorations" .
tandy made 1 also:
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1179.0;attach=11019;image
again,these are fires but small and not animated.

tanypredator

This mod: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=101

The fire is moving (just like a particle system), but not ideally. It's hard to make it good, because it want either to come too high, or to flicker (to disappear and start again) too fast. The color can be changed, the size, the speed, but all needs much time to test.

RedKetchup

Quote from: tanypredator on January 14, 2017, 08:58:12 PM
This mod: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=101

The fire is moving (just like a particle system), but not ideally. It's hard to make it good, because it want either to come too high, or to flicker (to disappear and start again) too fast. The color can be changed, the size, the speed, but all needs much time to test.

yeah it has like 300-500 compiles and playing with the number before trying to find the good numbers.

catty-cb

Quote from: Paeng on January 14, 2017, 01:25:37 PM
Absolutely amazing... for me, this is a major breakthrough!

<bowing_deep>

ditto ... its taking things to a whole new level    :D

RedKetchup

Quote from: catty-cb on January 16, 2017, 09:40:38 AM
Quote from: Paeng on January 14, 2017, 01:25:37 PM
Absolutely amazing... for me, this is a major breakthrough!

<bowing_deep>

ditto ... its taking things to a whole new level    :D

it is coming soon ... i just need to make 1 more design.

Discrepancy

Thanks to @RedKetchup I now have a safer and nicer glowing campfire for the tents:

Not the easiest to see in the snow, I still need to make the AO map to remove snow from fire.
But the flames look quite nice now. I have three versions of the fire particle system, so the different types of tent have an individual flame, otherwise I found they were all 'dancing' the same.
Behind is a new forest food Gatherer building.

A fence and shelter-less, semi-transparent Pasture:

(no resource cost to build, but it will still require the 1 work per tile to clear the land of old stumps, weeds and make the area prime for grazing)
and also in shot, the Village Barn now has a rear door, a road can be built through the barn to allow faster travel. @Paeng

and...

BETA news.

For days I have been struggling to find a reason for my CTD when clicking on a few of the new buildings I've added, or when work started.
I think I've got most of them sorted now, just a few more issues though with the "take a basket and gather' and the 'hunting with hunting gear'. I hope to have it playable in a few days. Once I'm happy no one will get a CTD or major bug, I will release a new Beta version.
Things have dramatically changed since the last beta. most buildings have had slight model alterations. textures have changed. menu has been changed/expanded. lots of new buildings, new crops and resources.
This time most additions have been land-based - I was spending too much time on the jetty late last year ;)
That means the stone bridge has had to wait.
Production, numbers, everything has been changed.... this will mean a new game. best to anyway :) and try out one of the many new start conditions and terrains.

So how far away is v2 proper?
It will still be a while. The list of what I want in it, suggestions, then ironing out/polishing will take a while. As it is, the time I can put into this has dramatically dwindled in the last few months due to RL events.

Necora

@Discrepancy this mod is looking amazing. I don't come over here too often, busy doing my stuff, but decided to see what people are up to today. I gotta say, I loved your first DSSV, but the buildings in this thread for the second are fantastic. Another level.

I was going through the thread and came across your plans for the Birch tar?? Haha! We had the same idea! Only I'm planning on using Pine not birch. The forester will plant pine, which will drop pine boughs (wood) to be made into pine pitch and charcoal, and a gatherer will harvest pine resin to be made into turpentine. These are to be used in shipbuilding industries.

Anyway, I can't wait to see this mod as it develops.

Can I ask, what do you mean by 'hunting with hunting gear' and 'take a basket and gather'... have you found a way to make work dependent on a specific tool?

tanypredator

Hello, @Discrepancy!
I've read about your plans, and the description of BETA on your web-site, and I have two suggestions/wishes.

First, can you, please, make new starting conditions as a separate mod? Many people use their own starting conditions or those from other mods, but they would like to use your buildings.

Second, can you, please, make a version without Jetty Fishmonger? As far as I understood, it brings 11 new resource types (expanding item menu) without any functional change.

Everything else is absolutely great!

elemental

Quote from: tanypredator on January 21, 2017, 09:53:10 PM

First, can you, please, make new starting conditions as a separate mod? Many people use their own starting conditions or those from other mods, but they would like to use your buildings.

I'd also like to see this. I'd like to put DSSV before CC so that your bridges don't block traders but I would also like to use CC start conditions.

QueryEverything

@Discrepancy wow, away for a few days and I come back to this awesomeness :D  I've been using your mod as a starter since you first released the beta and I'm loving it!  I have to have your bridges & fishing spots, and the awesome little storage walkways, so I can't wait to see your next release.

I am currently using Kid's Fenceless Pastures, with a minimum of 4x4, will your transparent pasture be able to be as small as Kid's, so a bare minimum size, a backyard animal petting zoo perhaps? 

I do agree with @tanypredator I would love to explore some other starting conditions from other mods (as I play diversely normally), but can't give up your awesome water workforce, is it possible to have the starting conditions as a separate mod please? 

re the Fishmonger, is it normal that the FM is so slow?  I build the building because I like it's look but it doesn't produce enough for me to warrant wasting a Banniminion on producing resources. 

Great work :) 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]