News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress (2) thread

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2018, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuggistar

Your personal NMT docks Sets looks cool and simple as always. ;D And the buildings of extraction of conventional and other resources in Sets will Be. (wood and something else for Example)

tuggistar

Can please update the Wonderful Townhall [White House] mods. Add newlimitresources to be able to play with the version of 1.0.7.
I have a game with this mod for some reason Crash. I don't have the old mods now from old version of Banished.

embx61

All I can think of because maybe too many get spawned so the game just drop some in the water?
I know you lowered the deer population but is the sum of all added animals the same as the deer alone were in Vanilla or higher?
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

elemental

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 03, 2018, 12:50:22 AM
well ! so far i didnt found a way to bypass some... .game mechanics :(

when you put a building or a dock.... people agreed to walk in the water... but asking to clear something too far from land, they refuse. (like the reeds, if too far from land they refuse to harvest)
also all those occupied tiles in water prevent any dock building being placed

and there is no way i can ask citizens to go in water, i cannot modify their pathbits

I'm no expert on these technical problems but if you look here there is a crop field underwater and there are farmers working underwater:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1034.msg19630#msg19630

(first post, 5th pic from the bottom, rice field in the river)

I recall that the CC team was very interested in this at the time. Kralyerg might have some coding info that could help you.

EDIT: second post in that thread is shockpuppet asking about code to grow things underwater.

brads3

TUGGISTAR,i built the whitehouse in a map not long ago.the production doesn't show all the new limit flags but it didn't crash.otherwise it worked fine.i don't even think the mod turned red.in the prior versions of the RK, there was a glitch that RED was trying to solve.there was some issues with building the normal TH or lighthouse.think some had a issue that when placed,the game would crash if a player clicked on them before they were built.  good idea to make a save before placing those buildings.i saw the issue with the normal TP.if your WH mod shows red move it above the RK.

RedKetchup

Quote from: tuggistar on October 03, 2018, 02:45:17 PM
Can please update the Wonderful Townhall [White House] mods. Add newlimitresources to be able to play with the version of 1.0.7.
I have a game with this mod for some reason Crash. I don't have the old mods now from old version of Banished.

i ll try to do that tonight. i dont think it would be compatible... you probably will have to delete the old one (destroy) from all saves... before updating.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on October 03, 2018, 02:59:39 PM
All I can think of because maybe too many get spawned so the game just drop some in the water?
I know you lowered the deer population but is the sum of all added animals the same as the deer alone were in Vanilla or higher?

i dont think. and yeah the total of packs is higher than vanilla. but i tried to not make too many appear. and keep the game flowing without slowing too much.

RedKetchup

Quote from: elemental on October 03, 2018, 03:07:21 PM
I'm no expert on these technical problems but if you look here there is a crop field underwater and there are farmers working underwater:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1034.msg19630#msg19630

(first post, 5th pic from the bottom, rice field in the river)

I recall that the CC team was very interested in this at the time. Kralyerg might have some coding info that could help you.

EDIT: second post in that thread is shockpuppet asking about code to grow things underwater.

for the moment.... Kralyerg kinda disappeared... last 3-4 times i tried to say hello, i didnt got any hello back. it is like that since a 1-2 maybe 3 months. so , asking kralyerg for any coding info is impossible to success.
i ll try to read that thread more carefully, but at first glimpse, i didnt saw anything helping.

Tom Sawyer

This rice farm from the YaoYao mod is a static model used in a normal consumeproduce object, not a crop field or something with spawning or dynamic resources. You can see it already at the yellow mesh highlighting. My crayfishing tool works the same way and as far as I know it's the only way to get workers into water.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 04, 2018, 12:12:42 PM
This rice farm from the YaoYao mod is a static model used in a normal consumeproduce object, not a crop field or something with spawning or dynamic resources. You can see it already at the yellow mesh highlighting. My crayfishing tool works the same way and as far as I know it's the only way to get workers into water.

ok, yeah i noticed that too the "plants" were getting hightlighted when selected. thanks for the report :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 04, 2018, 11:34:24 AM
for the moment.... Kralyerg kinda disappeared... last 3-4 times i tried to say hello, i didnt got any hello back. it is like that since a 1-2 maybe 3 months. so , asking kralyerg for any coding info is impossible to success.

i just gone on CC forum and noticed that :

Kralyerg
LAST VISITED
August 20

it is been a month and half he didnt log ON on this own forum... so definitly taking a break similar to ShockPuppet.

elemental

Maybe you should just make a water gatherer that simply makes food, instead of one that collects food? Deco reeds and water plants would still give the appearance of what you were originally aiming for. It would be nice if they actually grew but if you can't get the bannies to grow food in the water, what other options are there?

RedKetchup

yeah thats was my plan number 2 :D
but i had to try :)

embx61

There are no other options I think.
We sometimes have to "hack" the system a bit to get some things done what otherwise is not possible at all.

I think Bartender also have people working in the water with that water building (Fishing nets? ) what also acted as a small bridge and that is a static building too AFAIK.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

so i deleted all this test and will go with specific farms.

i started a mesh. i am at the fishing net next. but overall, it will look like this. footprint 5x7

the idea came from this picture but doing it like if it is made from wood and a medieval style