News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress (2) thread

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2018, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Hi! Is there a way you can PM Troy and get hints. He should know.

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on October 24, 2018, 06:21:30 AM
Hi! Is there a way you can PM Troy and get hints. He should know.

i pm'ed shockpuppet first :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

so. i came back to the settings i had before this.... with 2 layers of trees. 1 layer of vanilla trees which trees are animated and falling to the ground. and 1 layer of new trees which arent animated  and only disappear.

and i moved up the grass up the list so the map generator proceed the grass first before the trees. so overall there will be more grass patch. There was also a fact that we didnt see grass much anymore... so it fix it in same time. since i have 2 layers of trees, i lowered the spawn chances of trees from 0.4 to 0.28 each

RedKetchup

i also changed the tooltips of the starting conditions with more complete info :

Adam&Eve : "A standard very hard game with only 1 family. A Storage Cart, a Storage Yard. 6 tools and 6 cloth, 400 food, 90 firewood, no building materials, no seeds, no livestock."
Genesis : "A standard very hard game with only 2 family. A Storage Cart, a Storage Yard. 12 tools and 12 cloth, 800 food, 120 firewood, no building materials, no seeds, no livestock."
Hard : "A hard game with 4 families. A Storage Cart.  20 tools and 20 cloth, 1200 food, 100 firewood, no building materials, no seed, no livestock."
Hard Alternate : "An alternate of standard hard game with 4 families. A Storage Cart. 24 tools and 20 cloth, 1200 food, 100 firewood, no building materials, 1 seed, no livestock."
Shepherd : "A medium game with 4 families. A Storage Cart, a Storage Yard. 32 tools and 24 cloth, 1600 food, 160 firewood, 100 wood, 50 stones, 30 iron, no seeds, 2 livestocks."
Farmer : "A medium game with 4 families. A Medium Barn, a Storage Yard. 32 tools and 24 cloth, 1600 food, 160 firewood, 100 wood, 50 stone, 30 iron, 3 crop seeds, no livestock."
Gatherers : "A medium game with 4 families. A Gatherer Hut, a Storage Cart, a Storage Yard.  32 tools and 24 cloth, 1600 food, 160 firewood, 80 wood, 40 stone, 30 iron,  no seeds, no livestock."
Medium : "A medium game with 5 families. A Storage Barn, a Storage Yard. 40 tools and 30 cloth, 1800 food, 200 firewood, 120 wood, 60 stone, 40 iron,  2 crop seed, 1 orchard seed, no livestock."
Medium 2 : "A medium game with 5 families. A Storage Barn, a Storage Yard. 40 tools and 30 cloth, 1800 food, 200 firewood, 120 wood, 60 stone, 40 iron,  1 crop seed, 1 orchard seed, 1 livestock."
Medium 3 :"A medium game with 5 families. A Storage Barn, a Storage Yard. 40 tools and 30 cloth, 1800 food, 200 firewood, 120 wood, 60 stone, 40 iron,  2 crop seed, 0 orchard seed, 1 livestock."
Medium 4 : "A medium game with 5 families. A Storage Barn, a Storage Yard. 40 tools and 30 cloth, 1800 food, 200 firewood, 120 wood, 60 stone, 40 iron,  0 crop seed, 2 orchard seed, 1 livestock."
Easy : "An easy game with 6 families. A Storage Barn, a Storage Yard, 6 Houses, 50 tools and 40 cloth, 2400 food, 400 firewood, 150 wood, 70 stone, 50 iron,  2 crop seed, 2 orchard seed, 1 livestock."

and as i said somewhere.... i noticed some of the start conditions were very poor and some i was not only not very generous but i was super cheap lol. so now they are better.

RedKetchup

i added a 2nd Forester Lodge next to the vanilla one. since you can only specify 1 file of trees, i had to make another one which will plant only the 2nd set of trees, the new ones.

RedKetchup

working on the idea we talked about a while ago.... Ordhard Lodges. Forester lodge which will plant a certain type of fruit trees. from the first screenshots, i noticed i have to reduce the radius LOL, maybe check it i can make it less dense also, and change the numbers and time it should spawn fruit buckets cause in 4 years, i didnt saw a simgle of bucket yet ^^

Paulo

Hi Red, since you changing the star conditions scenario, can you had the Jack & Jill like the one in MegaMod, is just like Adam and Eve but with nothing else
(no storage cart, no storage yard, no tools no cloths no food no firewood).

Thank you for everything.

Maldrick

The orchard foresters...haven't messed with those in CC yet...Does the fruit get gathered by a gatherer, I take it?

Looking forward to seeing your trees, RK.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Abandoned

CC orchard forester has forester and gatherer's hut - they both are very nice looking, hobbit-like, but do not match with a lot of other mods.  I was thinking of asking if there could be a variant that would match with vanilla which matches well with most sets.

Any change Red, that this will be a separate mod, that would match with vanilla and your garden wall utility?

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on October 25, 2018, 06:03:28 AM
The orchard foresters...haven't messed with those in CC yet...Does the fruit get gathered by a gatherer, I take it?

Looking forward to seeing your trees, RK.

nor me i never messed up with CC orchard foresters.....

and yes they are gathered by the gatherers
my real good first test gave that

around 3-4 years they start to respawn themselves outside the apple lodge circle...
and started to give fruits (apples) around year 5-6.

so far i ve put the circle at 16. so if you look at the screenshots, you can put like 3 lodges in a gatherer circle. and it gave around 1000 apples.

i wish to make it less dense. and give apple sooner, i aim for year 3 and i hope to give less apple per year per lodge.

Maldrick

That's really cool.  Looks nice, too.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

RedKetchup

for those used to use CC ones... can you tell me how many workers and what is their radius ?

brads3

the way CC set the orchard forests up was for the gathering hut to work 2 forests.their orchard foresters are about half the size of the vanilla forests.you are right in your thinking. they do seem to produce the most fruit after about 3-5years of planting.i have played with this set a couple different ways. sometimes i set several forests to get a mixture of different outputs;different nuts and fruit mixed.sometimes i send a worker to just plant for a few years and swap him from 1 orchard forest to another. due to the way the game coding is, these forests aren't affected by other mods much if at all. what i find is after a few years the amount of fruit outputs do drop off and a forester has to be sent to replant.

way i think LUKE set the game is the trees and the bannies to mature and function at a faster pace.yeat crops grow on a year to year base.hence,the trees die younger than in reality.there are stories that over a 150 years,the trees died off and maps had no trees except where foresters were planting. i used the immortal tree mod for that reason. that mod combined with the RK and pine causes a lack of food spawns to maps. if we extend the life of the trees there should be a better balance to the games timelines. extending the tree life to 50 years ort more,should also help these orchards produce fruits without a forester constantly working them.

RedKetchup

the problem that appear with adding to span life of trees, it also start producing later

RedKetchup

so... i made 2 so far. they are copies of each other , only the names have been changed....

trees will live for more than 2 times the vanilla unmodded wild forest trees. they (trees for logs) wont be harvest before year 8. they will start producing fruits at year 4. it you place a gatherer hut next to it, fully staff'ed, it will give 2000 fruits per year. the lodges will be staff only by 1 forester max to give time to trees to grow and produce cause one day, they will start to cut and replant. the radius of those is 24.

gonna make many of different ones of them, they will have all same stats, just the names will be changed. ^^