News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress (2) thread

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2018, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on October 31, 2018, 09:33:54 AM
Sorry to hear you are having problems, RK.  What's going on?  If you care to share.  Guessing it's something major, because you're the guy that we get help from. Lol

If it helps, I've been stuck trying to decide what to do next for two weeks.  Don't want to bite off too much, but really want to bite off too much. LOL  So I just kept playing.

i want to have trees to accept my animations (tree falling and die instead to just "disappear") and on this i am waiting ShockPuppet tell me whats going on. i sent him a sample.

2nd thing, i want to add many new ground terrain and asap i add more, some of my old ones are disappearing. i need to found out why.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Maldrick

Gotcha.  Saw that earlier in the thread.  Going to have to start paying closer attention to tree animations.  Not sure I've seen them fall or not but haven't specifically looked.

That's frustrating, I'm sure.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on October 31, 2018, 10:18:48 AM
Gotcha.  Saw that earlier in the thread.  Going to have to start paying closer attention to tree animations.  Not sure I've seen them fall or not but haven't specifically looked.

That's frustrating, I'm sure.

there is a function, somewhere is can put OFF to see the scrolling window if enough space... and there are plenty of space, which anyway can go further by the scrolling bar on the side. megamod has 27 different terrain starts. asap i add some, my mountain starts disappear

RedKetchup

now that i found my texture problem resolved....

whats about those textures ?
anything good in that ? i wish to maybe pick up a couple and name Enchanted (valley/plains/mountains/lakes)

angainor88

Hmm I like 3, 7, and the last one. 3 and 7 remind me a lot of New England forests, with 7 being very October.

zak4862

To me the best are 3,7,8 and the last one.  :)

JM

I like all the pictures, especially 3, 7, and the last one.

How will fields, pastures and cemeteries look like? You probably will not want to create as many field textures as there are maps.

Gatherer

7th looks best to me. 1st is also nice. I can hardly see the bannies on 3rd, 6th and 10th (The colours are too distracting).
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

galensgranny

I like the first, seventh and the next to last.  20181101072737_1.jpg  ,  20181101084840_1.jpg  and   20181101085718_1.jpg

Many of them seem very dark to me.

elemental

I have to agree that 7 looks quite interesting. Very different to anything else that has been offered.

RedKetchup

the thing about pale or dark, is an automatic feature from the game. The game when if draw the floor texture it uses a mix of 2 textures in fact.
like 60-70% of the texture we decide, like those posted, and a 30-40% a dirt texture made by Luke (in attanchement, the Dirt texture Luke is using to blur the final result).

some of the previous screenshot i did some with the automatic blur, and some i made it without blur. a way to take out the dirt blur, is asking the terrain to use the same texture instead the dirt one. if you take screenshot 5 and 6, thats extactly same texture with and without the dirt blur. same with 7th and 8th screenshot, with and without the dirt blur. same with 9th and 10th. with and without the dirt blur.

vanilla grass too has the dirt blur. here in the attachments the vanilla grass with and without the dirt blur.

brads3

that is a good explanation. i like the 2nd 1 above without the dirt. that is about as dark as i want to go. it could use a leafy texture for forests though. that looks close to the north forest terrain from TOM. i know others like the dark or swampy look also.always good to have variety.

it is interesting to read how the game layers and adds everything to the maps. 

brads3

good morning. i was lookin at my review. the main blacksmith allows only 1 wworker.i can't send a 2nd worker to help increase tool outputs.can it be increased to 2 or 3 workers? fertilizer outputs from the pastures seems high.it makes using the stables and fodder obsolete.the fodder hut has improved in not over producing flowers.however now it is low on thatch output, less than the flowers even.i know i do use the thatch different than most players since my houses will brun some of it. the glass factory made more glass faster than i expected also.

i miss NILLA. she was good at deciphering outputs by value and work..she should return soon and i can debate with her more.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on November 02, 2018, 09:07:08 AM
good morning. i was lookin at my review. the main blacksmith allows only 1 wworker.i can't send a 2nd worker to help increase tool outputs.can it be increased to 2 or 3 workers? fertilizer outputs from the pastures seems high.it makes using the stables and fodder obsolete.the fodder hut has improved in not over producing flowers.however now it is low on thatch output, less than the flowers even.i know i do use the thatch different than most players since my houses will brun some of it. the glass factory made more glass faster than i expected also.

i miss NILLA. she was good at deciphering outputs by value and work..she should return soon and i can debate with her more.

i hear you @brads3. I will try to adjust the numbers.
asap i finalize the terrains we chose.

i also chose some names for the new terrains :
Valley (Original)
Valley (No Dirt)
Peaks Valley
Peaks Valley [Grid]
Pine Wood Valley
Fresh Spring Valley
Lush Green Valley
Entangled Valley
Rainy Autumn Valley
Foggy Autumn Valley
Sunny Autumn Valley
Enchanted Valley

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on November 02, 2018, 09:07:08 AM

added a 2nd blacksmith to vanilla one, lowered fertilizer, upped fodder, slowered glass maker