News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress (2) thread

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2018, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

last second name changed...
Rainy Autumn is now called Misty (like Misty Mountains LOL)
Foggy Autumn is now called Equinox (like Equinox Plains)
Sunny Autumn stayed Sunny Autumn :) (like Sunny Autumn Valleys)

that way everything looks and named different.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Kristahfer

Any chance those new terrains can also come in Plains?

Abandoned

LOL can you read my mind?  I have been thinking of naming my northeast mountain Misty Mountain, but sorry I don't like that texture very much.  :)

brads3

does the RK TP move all items? mine didnt seem to want to move maple whiskey today.

embx61

Just checked Red's Code and all flags are coded in the Trade ports.

This is code from Beta 12b though but I doubt Red changed it.

Maple whiskey is flagged alcohol? (Luxury)
If so, bannies drink that stuff by the hundreds if they get a change. :)

Sadly, the alcohol happiness system is quite broken and only Luke can fix it but probably never will.
I made the Ice Cream carts by request but will refrain from more alcohol (luxury) happiness as it is not worth it to gain very little happiness while they drink for example many 8 trade value alcohol away in seconds.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

EB,TOM did work on the happiness.it is improved in the North. it wasn't liked by all players so not univerally used by modders.i usually have a CC TP to back everything up,but don't have  in my current map.  would think the vanilla TP should accept all items.wasn't sure if the TP had to go by item name or if it was just by flags.

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on November 04, 2018, 09:48:59 AM

Maple whiskey is flagged alcohol? (Luxury)

it is subject to the same behavior than alcool. hard to move out. nothing to do with trading post, more to do with taverns storage. most often tavern storage is too low, so traders have hard to find a place enough big to accept a batch. it reminds me to make it bigger.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on November 04, 2018, 08:58:22 AM
LOL can you read my mind?  I have been thinking of naming my northeast mountain Misty Mountain, but sorry I don't like that texture very much.  :)

ok and which one it is ? lol

embx61

Red's TP's have all flags listed in the code.

I know Tom is working on the happiness system in an effort to make it more interesting.
It is quite dull at the moment so I hope Tom can come up with something better.

But the Alcohol happiness is broken and because it is hard coded we cannot change the mechanic.

It is just silly as I have seen bannies idling around the ice cream cart eating away ice creams faster the poor worker can make them.
I have seen over a hundred disappear within a few seconds at 1x speed.

The gain, if any at all, of happiness boost is way too small for such an investment.
Taverns work the same way and bannies can go through alcohol like no tomorrow.

Because of that your Trade worker just cannot pick up the whisky because the bannies drink it all?
That is why some CC? have buildings where the stuff is made but the code for happiness is taken out of that building so they not drink it at that place.

It can be transported to another building were the bannies can drink it.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Abandoned

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 04, 2018, 10:15:58 AM
Quote from: Abandoned on November 04, 2018, 08:58:22 AM

ok and which one it is ? lol

lol I may have been looking at the wrong one.  ;D  I don't much like the 8th picture but they all look interesting.  :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on November 04, 2018, 10:43:04 AM

lol I may have been looking at the wrong one.  ;D  I don't much like the 8th picture but they all look interesting.  :)

i am sorry to announce you, Misty Mountains is that 3rd one ^^
many people has voted the the 3rd :)

the one you dont like is the one i called Sunny Autumn

RedKetchup

btw, since ground done... still waiting an explanation about my tree animations arent working....

i did gone back to my Dock Seafood farm... i finished all the new seafood mesh/icons
production around 1800 per year for 3 fulltime workers.

Maldrick

Quote from: brads3 on November 04, 2018, 09:28:03 AM
does the RK TP move all items? mine didnt seem to want to move maple whiskey today.

Maritimes?  I've always had weird behavior with that in one way or another, it seems.  Eventually just settled on putting the production next to a pine tavern and letting it get consumed.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Maldrick

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 04, 2018, 10:58:50 AM
btw, since ground done... still waiting an explanation about my tree animations arent working....

i did gone back to my Dock Seafood farm... i finished all the new seafood mesh/icons
production around 1800 per year for 3 fulltime workers.

It's one of the more unique buildings.  Really looking forward to your dock stuff, Red.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: embx61I know Tom is working on the happiness system in an effort to make it more interesting.
It is quite dull at the moment so I hope Tom can come up with something better.

But the Alcohol happiness is broken and because it is hard coded we cannot change the mechanic.

It was early this year that I worked on happiness and it's finished as good as possible. Nilla did a lot of tests here on WoB and a conclusion you can read in this How-To. The alcohol mechanic is not broken, just not noticeable in vanilla. With some changes it really makes sense to brew stuff.