News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress (2) thread

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2018, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

It is maybe not broken in a "it is working" sense but it is just silly to invest in it.

The bannies take a whole bunch of alcohol in one swoop.
Like I said, they can take over a hundred with maybe 10 bannies around in a few seconds on 1x speed.
Who want to invest 100x8 trade value alcohol which disappear very fast and hardly get any gain from it?

A cemetery, church, well, etc. seem better investments to me.

I see no setting in the code to control how much bannies drink and like I said, they are a bunch of alcoholics, oooh, and Ice Cream eaters too. LOL

I understand that because of lowering the bannies default happiness it will be more interesting.
So churches, and the other buildings have more impact so also a Tavern then Vanilla. But I still think that a Tavern, or similar buildings, are just a too big investment because the bannies not stop drinking as long as that stuff is made.

It should have been coded as Red said a while back so it works as Herbs so not hundreds of Ale disappear in a minute or 2 or 3.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Tom Sawyer

Vanilla alcohol is indeed useless to consume but that's all about balancing. When Nilla built her villages with the reworked happiness system, she produced ale or even bought it from merchants in early game to raise happiness. And Nilla never did something like this without sense in terms of efficiency. ;D

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 04, 2018, 03:41:15 PM
Vanilla alcohol is indeed useless to consume but that's all about balancing. When Nilla built her villages with the reworked happiness system, she produced ale or even bought it from merchants in early game to raise happiness. And Nilla never did something like this without sense in terms of efficiency. ;D

@Tom Sawyer ,
how you did the change to start at 60% ? what files and what lines did you changed ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

It's in the citizen file

float _maxHappiness = 10.0;
int _minFoodForHappiness = 4;
int _maxFoodForHappiness = 12;
float _happinessUpdateInMonths = 3.0;
int _workForHappiness = 10;
float _unhappyLevel = 0.6;
float _depressedLevel = 0.25;
int _idleRange = 25;

I am not sure about all those values but I believe Tom set the first line lower so the bannies start less happy then Vanilla.
I do not know what other values he changed.

RedKetchup

Here a preview of the new NMT Docks : Rice Farm :)

6 width by 7 tiles deep. planning to balance for 3 workers at 600 food each = 1800 food/year.

RedKetchup

here the numbers

previous year : 3 people, 1820. current year 1 people 616. of course all depend of all the workers' errants
just added 1/16th more time so the numbers get under just a tiny bit :)

embx61

Looking good.

Don't forget to set the require product string in the string table. :)
There is no text in the consume produce box.

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on November 05, 2018, 12:00:51 AM
Looking good.

Don't forget to set the require product string in the string table. :)
There is no text in the consume produce box.

oh i did then after :) but thanks for the reminder. a thing i need to remember tomorrow, is to turn the artificial ground so it doesnt cumulate snow in winter ^^

embx61

turn?

I cannot follow. Is it not just a question of setting the Material to OpaqueMaterial instead of OpaqueSnowMaterial?

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on November 05, 2018, 12:07:40 AM
turn?

I cannot follow. Is it not just a question of setting the Material to OpaqueMaterial instead of OpaqueSnowMaterial?

maybe. the thing is that texture i used it somewhere else... so i need to find what other building it will play and change.
or i need to make a copy of it and change the material librairies.

embx61

Ah, I see.

I have that sometimes too with InWater Material. I share so many textures between my mods that I sometimes do check that stuff when I change the material in one mod.
If I am not sure and it is a small 256x256 texture I mostly just rename it to be on the save side instead of digging to tons of mod folders.  :)

I really need to organize all my textures on my drives as it is a giant mess and they are about everywhere and nowhere  :(

RedKetchup

but the thing is nice the way i work with my mods... with all my textures i use over and over, i can add a building or 2 and dont get even a +1 megabyte for the whole buildings. so i can add alot of content before i get a +50MB to the mod :)

embx61

I do too.

In the beginning like the fist year i combined textures into one.
But since I started themed sets I started to use seamless separate textures, mostly just 256x256, which i use over and over.
The repeat is very nice as you can scale the UV map as big as you want and do a giant wall of bricks on a mesh with just a 256x256 texture.

Yeps, the same texture, when the name is the same too in all mods which using that texture, get only loaded once by the game so a lot of memory is saved.

Tom Sawyer

RedKetchup