News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress (2) thread

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2018, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

The 3 versions has been posted. of course, i ll need 2-3 days to do the descriptions of these lol
so much things, so much things added in 1.2 :)

Enjoy !
and Merry Christmas !!
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

hopledor

Amazing work !
Thanks for this RedKetchup.
I really like these landscapes with fodder and flowers and beautiful trees.
And such an excellent job with the dock part too.

I tried the nomusic one this morning.
I played without any other mod, maybe too fast to try as much stuff as i could, but at some point something a little bit strange begun to happen.
Bannies didn't care carrying food or resources to barns or stockpiles (not everything was full). They just let stuff on the ground near the maket.
Never seen this before. Maybe it's because i had not enough laborers but usually workers carry their production to the closer stocking location, don't they ?
(edit: I had a closer look, these thinks on the ground are not coming from workers, it comes out directly from the market, because of % reached ?)
But as I said it was a fast try and I'll check it again on a longer run.

Also I don't know if you are planning this but a dock market would be great.

Again thanks for all your work for this update !

Hawk

I like those walls @RedKetchup . I'll have to download them.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: hopledor on December 25, 2018, 03:38:14 AM
Amazing work !
Thanks for this RedKetchup.
I really like these landscapes with fodder and flowers and beautiful trees.
And such an excellent job with the dock part too.

I tried the nomusic one this morning.
I played without any other mod, maybe too fast to try as much stuff as i could, but at some point something a little bit strange begun to happen.
Bannies didn't care carrying food or resources to barns or stockpiles (not everything was full). They just let stuff on the ground near the maket.
Never seen this before. Maybe it's because i had not enough laborers but usually workers carry their production to the closer stocking location, don't they ?
(edit: I had a closer look, these thinks on the ground are not coming from workers, it comes out directly from the market, because of % reached ?)
But as I said it was a fast try and I'll check it again on a longer run.

Also I don't know if you are planning this but a dock market would be great.

Again thanks for all your work for this update !

maybe there was one path problem ? there was a closer stocking location ? a market is not a storage location, it is a market. yes they can put things there, but it is not a storage location, everytime something is placed there, there is a market vendor need to evaluate if that thing needs to stay or not . they follow their % distribution sometime very closely......

RedKetchup

but ya... i forgot to make a dock market! :(

RedKetchup

someone found a bug about the Dock 1x2 tiles storage. the citizens can't use it. i fixed it already, it will be in RKEC 1.2b later this week

RedKetchup

so i did the Dock market :)

later tonight/tomm ....  will upload new files. (need to copy this to all 3 versions since all 3 have dock set)

hopledor

A dock market, great ! :)

I have an idea about what was happening near the market on the picture of my previous post.
I believe that was food and fuel going out of the market intended to be taken for houses.
But as I had built very wrongly my dock village, there was no access to houses.

I'm stupid and did this kind of village again on another map.

This looks like there is path for people but there's not and the bannies you see are stucked in front of there houses.

I believe this was intended:

But would it be possible to make it like this for dock buildings ?

Another small modification could also be nice: a destruction icon for the dock ghosted storage because it can't be removed.

Anyway I'm a big fan of what you have done with the landscape and i'm still taking pictures of these river shores even with no building :)

RedKetchup

so you think you are bugging cause there is only 2 arrow in front instead of all 4 tiles ?

hopledor

I don't know how these arrows work with these water buildings.
What I know is there is a problem of pathing with the tiles that don't have arrows.

On this picture I've never seen anyone walking on the tiles marked in red.

Noone attends to the school and the house at the top end can not be reached by bannies but people living there were not expelled. They kept trying unsuccessfully to bring fuel and food to the house and died.

Sure a standolone walking dock has no arrow and allow pathing so maybe it something else with the green tiles of the walking dock part of the buildings.

hopledor

On this village there were 2 houses "unreachable" for their owners.
I destroyed them both and the problem of food and fuel around the market stopped.
I reclaimed them and the problem was back.
So I believe it was the origin of the problem.

But anyway this kind of problem has a simple solution, building a walking dock in front of every house. Now I know this and won't make the same mistake again :)

RedKetchup

thanks you. i will delay the update for a day... and go back on each pieces and give full row of "green arrows"

This is the reason why this mod is offered here before it reaches Steam: so you guys can play and test :)

RedKetchup

BTW there is a well known popular person has started to make a Banished Serie with RKEC 1.11 !!! Keralis.

elemental

I just noticed that on youtube and came here to post a link, but you beat me to it.  :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: elemental on December 30, 2018, 03:20:48 PM
I just noticed that on youtube and came here to post a link, but you beat me to it.  :)

that, that will give it alot of visibility!