News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Living near work with the latest patch

Started by mariesalias, June 11, 2014, 12:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

but what happended to the lunch box ? did he took it out at 1.0.3 ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 01, 2014, 09:09:26 PM
but what happended to the lunch box ? did he took it out at 1.0.3 ?

I don't think so. My reading of the notes is that he changed the behavior of laborers so they go more quickly to jobs far away than they did in 1.0.2. I haven't noticed any change in the "lunch box."

mariesalias

That's true, I see a few laborers get cold each winter it seems. They always seem to get back to their homes though before they freeze. *knock wood* 

rkelly17

Quote from: mariesalias on July 02, 2014, 09:56:50 AM
That's true, I see a few laborers get cold each winter it seems. They always seem to get back to their homes though before they freeze. *knock wood*

Remember that citizens can stop in to any house to get warm. In 1.0 and 1.0.1 that was often when a cold and hungry citizen would starve to death.

mariesalias

@rkelly17   I do keep forgetting about that change.  :-[   Thanks for the reminder!  It is a welcome change for me that they generally come back to town before they freeze! :D

RedKetchup

yes about freezes ... they still go to closest stone house, but about the lunchbox... i see plenty of citizens leave their job to go eat all the time, i dunno

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 03, 2014, 12:57:38 PM
yes about freezes ... they still go to closest stone house, but about the lunchbox... i see plenty of citizens leave their job to go eat all the time, i dunno

They'll go to wood houses to warm up, too. The lunch box, I think, only applies to laborers or citizens doing laborer work at the moment. Other workers still go home to eat. It also only applies when the laborer's house is stocked with food, so if the house runs out the laborer has to head for the nearest market to stock up.

RedKetchup

i thought the farmers should stayed at their crops and eat... ;p

mariesalias

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 03, 2014, 05:13:32 PM

I never understood why they didn't just take some food home with them at the end of the day if they needed it. ;D

rkelly17

Quote from: mariesalias on July 03, 2014, 06:15:34 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on July 03, 2014, 05:13:32 PM

I never understood why they didn't just take some food home with them at the end of the day if they needed it. ;D

No kidding. In one map I played back in 1.0.1 I had a farmer who worked in a pumpkin field near the middle of the map. One Late Autumn day he carried some of his harvested pumpkin with him when he went to harvest stone in the Northwest of the map, got hungry (when I started following him because of the hunger icon), went home to eat, then deposited his stone in a nearby yard and carried his pumpkin back to the Northwest and deposited in a barn there before going back to his original field in the Spring. Go figure.