News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

The classic dilemma

Started by Jewelz, July 13, 2018, 02:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jewelz

After 4 years of playing Banished, I finally bite the bullet and join World of Banished only to discover Kid's mods for the first time! So many things that suit how I play. 8)

Now, I have to decide - do I just demolish/rebuild within my 87 year city to keep the progress, or do I start over?

I play with
Map seed 378842194
Multiple Starts
Slow age
CC
RK NMT
Discrepancy's whole set
and now, about 6 Kid Mods including my heart's desire - a way to build a CASTLE!!

My only wish is that DS village homes scaled better with RK's houses because I love that Tudor look. I pretty much only build the large DS townhouses so they match.

brads3

4 years? did you upgrade the game to 1.07 last build version? lots of those mods you lisrted have been upgraded 1 way or other.i gave about 4 castles which 1 you want? LOL

Jewelz

Yes, I'm playing the newest version. Are your mods on Steam, Brad? (I didn't know there was anywhere else to get mods before I found this forum.)

I'm digging Kid's Gothic Fantasy castle.  :D

brads3

i don't make mods. and no i don't have steam linked to banished. you want more: https://banishedinfo.com/mods
there are some oldies on there that do work.there is also many options under the change log for the 1:1 age mod.

child_of_air

I certainly would upgrade my city and probably start a fresh one. This is because I like all of my buildings to match, time period-wise. I LOVE the Gothic Fantasy castle mod too, in fact- I can't seem to stop playing with it, and it fits in nicely with his other Monastery mod. It's one of the best medieval mods out there in my opinion.

purringcat

I've added mods to my game while it's in progress.    As long as they don't impact buildings already in the game, there seems to be no problem in doing this.   

RedKetchup

Quote from: purringcat on September 07, 2018, 06:36:54 AM
I've added mods to my game while it's in progress.    As long as they don't impact buildings already in the game, there seems to be no problem in doing this.

yeah , the game needs to be able to draw the buildings already set in your save game. if it cannot, it will crash.
for example, you have 5 wood houses and a barn on the ground, already build. the game need to continue to draw them. RK Ed will totally replace those with its own 3D so the game wont be able to draw your vanilla houses and barn anymore. which lead to a crash.

thats the most common crash error. the game need to draw everything you did before adding a new mod.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Lord mattbatton

Hi guys I was hoping someone can let me know a seed or map mod for one big river and no lakes in forest or alpine cheers I've been racking my brain trying to find the perfect map

Abandoned

@Lord mattbatton A map seed number can generate a different map depending on the mods that are enable, use different mods and the seed number may generate a different map.  To generate a map with one main river try override map mod made by Kid.  Find the file here : 

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2736.0

Good luck finding the perfect map  :)