News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Trizeropz: +9000 Population Town

Started by Trizeropz, March 18, 2015, 01:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trizeropz

Had an idea which allows me to push my food storage even higher than 1 million. Therefore, I can save up a lot more food before going for a big baby boom. I demolish storage barns that are +95% full and reclaim if they are at 10% only. The food thats in storage of a building that gets demolished is not calculated into the total food and therefore the food limit doesnt trigger

RedKetchup

but all those taverns, should eat like half of your food production !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

smurphys7

Good luck with going for a huge population!  There are tons of difficulties to balance and overcome.

I had been using Map Seed 767546564.  Large/Valleys.  It can fit about 80 Trading Posts.  A few on streams.  Lots of flat ground.

I have been inspired to give it another try myself.  My computer struggles when it reaches about 1,000 population.  I am not patient enough for over 2,000.  I am going to try to make the city small, plot out all the buildings, then build everything at once and explode the population.  If my computer can't handle it I'd love to upload the save and let you, or anyone else, try to run it and fix any mistakes I made.

Trizeropz

Thank you :)

Yeah, all the planning and overwatching everything takes a lot of time. Most of the time the game is in pause mode.

Thats actually what I did think of after this game. Doing small map, maybe mountain map and try my best. The same challenges but occuring ealier because of less space on the map. With RK mods and others it should also be able to get above 2k population.
I just love the banished music and my cat seems too. Its so calm and peaceful. She lays in front of the keyboard and is chilling with me. Cutipatootie

Trizeropz

So I have to start a third time from year 102 tomorrow because the growth of population is way too low. But here are some screenshots from my latest try for anyone who cares. I did demolish/cancel a lot of barns to stay above 1 million food.

Screenshot 1: Nomads of year 104. 353. And my tavern and barn management. Oh boi I have to go though it again. Ugh. These bad boys just wont get empty.
Screenshot 2: People going crazy to bring goods from one barn to another. After the first start to grabs things, a dozen people start walking and building this snake^^. It's a bit annoying to demolish/cancel it all the time but I think this can bring me through 1-2 more years.
Screenshot 3: I got a notification of low firewood. lol.
Screenshot 4: Still lots of space free for more crops and houses. But.

RedKetchup

Trizeropz

Will stock up my hospitals this time

Trizeropz

I started my next try. Tested out a lot of things to get maximum growth with maximum efficiency.
Screenshot 1: The 'starting conditions' with big map and job assignments.

My plan looks like the following:

- Demolish all 20 churches [20]
- Emtpy all taverns [53]
- Close 30% of schools for growth reasons (children start to move out at 10 instead of 18-20 and reproduce). We will further close schools in the next 1-2 years.
- Spread the open churches where a lot of houses are.
- Place as much crops as possible on the space left on map, Screenshot 2. The north west part has a lot of space left, I will start to build houses and barns there, crops will be placed in next early spring with high priority.
- Change crop types to beans, corn and wheat only.
- Increase efficiency of woodcutters (mostly more houses near woodcutter where it's lacking, like in south west and east)
- As I touched the global food limit of 1 million a third time already, I will remove-cancel a lot of barns all the time, so global food stays under 1 million, so the fishermen will go on with fishing in winter and the crops will get harvested still completely.
- Some barns, where it's really too much like in Screenshot 3, will be demolished permanently.
- Upgrade main paths to stone roads.
- Buy a lot of stone from traders for hundreds of houses and stone roads.
- Demolish all pastures [20] (I have enough cloths and wool to produce more coats for a couple of years, if it's not enough till the end, I will buy more from traders).
- Add [8] hospitals (in every try, the sickness spread to above 100-200 people, need to get it in control a lot more to not lose people and growth speed)
- Place more fishermen.
- Add more tunnels and bridges for faster movement of bannies
- Sell all the Ale, Coal and Herbs in tradingposts.
- Will let the houses be close to the number of families. plus minus 100, for maximum growth. Learned from @Nilla
- Will raise the number of worker in markets for better distribution ald flow of all ressources including food, so the barns have more space for the harvest. Learned from @irrelevant

I expect to play till about year 110, till then, I will slowly let ressources drop to zero, playing into the crash for maximum growth. Goal is the highest population possible.
A big update with lots of screenshots of the map will follow at year 105, where a lot should have changed and will bring nice before-after pictures.

Trizeropz

Screenshot 1: First nomad wave coming in year 104 again.
Screenshot 2: Accepting 517 nomads. So far everything works perfect. I'm at 3500, with nomads now over 4000.
Food is still touching the 1 million limit. Schools are down to 4 now. Tools are dropping fast, will build some more blacksmiths. Clothing doesn't matter yet. Logs are also rising fast, I'm not even sure why, all the space is gone.
Population is already rising pretty fast. I should get to +5000 in year 106.
Screenshot 3:  Took a long time to get them into homes.

Trizeropz

Screenshot 1: Sickness problem again. Dang. I think you just can't keep up with hospitals in a high pop village. It's just too much. You can just try to do some damage reduction. I got 18 hospitals, 25 is the goal for now.
Food is completely exploding this year. As I planned, I save up as much food as possible while pushing the growth as high as possible. Doing it with having always +100 houses more than families.Stocking up on vendors and fishermens. Demolished all the schools left.
Screenshot 2: North-west-zone. Pushing the homes and adding tunnels.

Trizeropz

SPOILER ALERT  --  SPOILER ALERT  --  SPOILER ALERT  -- 
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

RedKetchup

Congratulations !!! @Trizeropz !!
thats sad a bit to see to have food for 902 citizens and having 9000 mouths to feed ^^

but still, Congrats !

Trizeropz

Yeah I don't want to live there^^
Also, the town looks really ugly. With all the replacements of buildings, I were not able to keep my 'clusters' to look more... clean.

RedKetchup

you need to start a game with RK Editor Choice FULL 1.11 and gat a stable population of 12,000.