News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 4:Clermott

Started by brads3, May 04, 2020, 08:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 47

KID's gold mine has ran out. it will be redug.the DS hearth made the anvil for the blacksmith to be completed. it then went to producing wagon parts. one construction yard works at making fittings and then switches to glass. the open draft kiln makes pottery needed to dig a DS mine.
the coke oven was built.
          a water shrine was built to keep the dock workers happy. they are now making wine from the rice.the painters added a 3rd flax garden to increase their outputs.

now that we have more materials and time,we made a push to catch up  housing and storage.  finally,we are over 100 houses.

pic 1:DS blacksmith
pic 2:more houses for the DS workers
pic 3: water shrine
pic 4: CC rice brewer
pic 5:more flax gardens to make paint
pic 6: coke furnace

brads3

YEAR 48

as expected,the next group of nomads arrived. 58,38 workers with 20 children.they have been sent to dig 2 mines and expand the train station. a 3rd train will soon be sent.this group didn't bring any tools. we quickly found out why. they kept breaking them leading to a major tool shortage. these workers were sick when they arrived. a flu spread thu the towns.with everyone getting sick, this group slowed production more than they helped.

the west colonial town was already expanding greenhouses and homes before the nomads arrived. the new workers did get a my precious silver mine dug. the train station was expanded so everyone had a place to sleep before winter.they were busy working to dig the DS mine.

pic 1:sheep pastured
pic 2:3rd train and extended the station
pic 4: 2nd MP mine for silver ore
pic 5: colonial barn and more greenhouses

brads3

YEAR 49

we made several adjustments to the trading.one train brings apples and tools,the 2nd squash and firewood,the 3rd brings more tools. the engines take winter coats. the 2 cars export coal.  we will export ale for more coins.

due to the flu epidemic, the west colonial town built a hospital.more houses for the mine workers were completed.they added a hot house to increase food outputs.

there was major work at the docks.a 2nd CC rice paddy,a RK fish dock,and an RK school were built. a 3rd shop works to bundle the reeds. 

to work the DS mine,candles are needed. the DS workers extend the DS towsn south of the railroad.         

pic 1:colonial hospital
pic 2:silver ore smelter
pic 3:DS candles
pic 4:2nd train export station
pic 5: RK dock school and fishing dock
pic 6: hot house

brads3

YEAR 50

instead of doing the review in the early spring,i decided to hold off til summer. most of the pics get taken in snow or just after it melts. this will give a different look to change them up a bit.

the builders are caught up on projects. the laborers help move goods. construction plans stop til mid spring til the farmers get to their fields. this is a good time to check the inventory and trade post stocks. there is a surplus of veggys still, so another gardens sorter can be built. there is more beef and bear than the butchers are processing. the inventory shows more meat and vegetables than grain and fruit. we have used up the excess flower but have more beeswax than the candle shop will use.

as we worked to process more goods ,some are falling behind. we need to increase outputs of coats and tools.a hardware store is built for the colonial town and a couple workshops to the forests.a trapper will work the pine forests to incease pelts.as more coats are produced, more will be moved by the train. that will improve the flow of the train and increase thw inputs.

the colonial villagers built a 2nd Pilgrim's Rest and a dryer for venison.needing glassware,the RK glass maker was built.the docks finished their church. the DS workers completed a 2nd candle shop. 

pic 1: 2nd candle shop
pic 2:dock church
pic 3: pine trapper
pic 4: 2nd Pilgrim's Rest
pic 5:RK glass factory

brads3

YEAR 50 REVIEW

population 535,317 workers in 120 houses and 3 boardinghouses.education holding at 50%. we are way behind on housing. even with 2 groups of 93 nomads, the towns grew by less than 50%.         

the supervisors pushed the DS workers. 3 trains arrive each year.they take coal,ale,and coats. the cars bring food,tools,logs,and firewood.
our trading post expanded adding a building materials and food trader.to keep everyone fed, 10 greenhouses have been built. the bannies have  churches and markets.

the fort processes boots and saddles from leather. they smelt gold guilder,silver pfennning,and polish saphires. due to a flu outbreak ,the west coloanial town built a hospital.the Ds town to the east came to life with the colorful RK houses.the DS workers are busy producing all sorts of items to build more factories and shops.the trade posts ship paint from the farm town and wine from the dock village.

goals- many accomplishments over the last decade.will we ever have enough houses?

now that the Ds town is functioning well and has started to expand south of the tracks, more of the DS buildings can be built. the dock's need another church.a church should be added for the forests as well.the farm area has 1 section of ground left to fill.the east colonial town has 1 section left as well.  the fort has room for a small stable. i'd like to finish those areas in the next decade. that will leave just the far west side of the map to finish filling while the rest of the DS buildings are being constructed.

everytime the boarding houses are emptied,more nomads arrive. this pushes work and we never have enough time to catch up on housing.a very challenging dilema.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: graphs
overviews-
pic 5: cononial south
pic 6: colonial north
pic 7: fort
pic 8: DS north
pic 9: DS north
pic 10: farms
pic 11: docks

brads3

YEAR 51

the farmers ordered pigs. they planted 2 more fields for fruit,watermelon and strawberries.they found another apple tree with bees to collect more honey.

the colonial town  wanted cheese so they built RED's large creamery. the red dairy cows were split into a pasture behind it. a jam shop and a herb garden  completed work on the west colonial town.the pine forest south of town added a turpentine still.

the docks now row out and gather fresh water crabs.we built enough houses to empty all the boarding houses again.

pic 1:northeast farms
pic 2:jam shop
pic 3:RED creamery
pic 4: turpentine still
pic 5:RK seafood

brads3

YEAR 52

our population says we need 38 more houses than we have. enough for a town.where could we put them? we built several this year, but I am conserned there is not enough space in our cities for the amount of nomads that will arrive before this map is completed.

the fort completed a 7 family apartment house.they have a stables for horses and donkeys.the docks added several houses.the farmers finished the northeat corner with a pasture for pigs that we ordered. we are still 21 houses short.

pic 1:fort stables and apt house
pic 2: dock housing
pic 3:pig pasture

CookieBarrel

brads3

YEAR 53
   the northeast farmers built several workshops and a fish pier. this will move goods from the other barns. another veggy sorter,a butcher,a brewer,and a tool shop will move many goods. the colonial town extended farther west adding a seedling greenhouse on the edge of the west forests.

57 helpers have arrived,36 workers with 21 children.these will need 18 more houses.to feed this many,we will need to extend the map.the docks is extended farther north. fields are plowed and planted north of the meadow village.

pic 1:NE farm workshops
pic 2:far north fields
pic 3: seedling greenhouse
pic 4: far north docks

Kristahfer

brads3

brads3

YEAR 54

the north dock added farms and a fishing dock to increase food outputs.the dock village has a CC herb grower. the DS workers built a pottery shop.

pic 1: 2nd dock fish pier
pic 2: north dock farms
pic 3: DS pottery shop

brads3

YEAR 55

the dock village added another cranberry farm.the north meadow village built a small chuch.the colonial west set up a wagon and cart shop. they make a variety of wagons not only for working and moving goods but also for explorers and pioneers.

the DS workers have been busy. the 3rd train brings  2 boxcars of food,apples and wheat. the glass factory was completed.this city is becoming a trade center. goods are transported by water, over land via wagons, and the railroad.the DS town will become a tranfer point.an 8 wide old stone canal gives boats access to the lake from the river.

someone mentioned the riffle mod awhile back.it is handy for digging slopes. the water plane in Banished is not uniform.there are breaks between the rivers and lakes.as you can see by the pics,this creates lines with mod pieces.with the CC terrain tool,you can dig down 1 tile or 2,but it is a square cut. the riffle mod allows for varrying depths to -.75 of a tile.by turning the diggout hoe icon,you can control the direction of the slope.you can use this to make curves along shorelines.

pic 1: north dock cranberry farm
pic 2: meadow church
pic 3: wagon shop
pic 4: DS glass factory
pic 5: canal riffle mod work,you can see the lines and riffle mod dug bank to the 1 corner.
pic 6: canal fishiing

brads3

YEAR 56

while we were working on the rail system for the coke furnace,more help arrived. the map had been good at not sending nomads til the boardinghouses were empty.not this time,all 3 have families living in them.92 nomads.if half are clidren, they need 20+ houses and that many food workers.my concern isn't juust the amount of materials they will use this year,but  how much affects they will have 5 years from now.

it is absurd, but i will  attempt to take these nomads on.they will head west of the colonial town and clear land.a stone granny house was built.2 fields were ready to plant.there are 63 workers and 29 children. we will need over 30 houses for this group.

the DS workers continued working on the rails. they completed 3 more Boston houses and began to dig another mine.

pic 1:granny houses in nomad valley
pic 2: more Boston houses
pic 3:DS industrial storrage

kid1293

92 nomads!  ;D

Is this a game? It is more like the real world. Good luck!!