News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Attendance UI

Started by Maldrick, December 17, 2018, 01:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Just build the new courthouse to see how the Norsemen react on this. After calculating the first time they had 60% happiness as default. Then got a sauna for health, a marketplace for goods, a chapel with priest and the alehouse with booze. This made them happy up to 85% and still missing safety (no wells). Then I hired a bailiff and it jumped to 100%, disabled work in the courthouse -> back to 85 and enabled again -> 100%. So it works as intended. But not sure if they are really happy or just scared and following your law and order.. ;D

Maldrick

@Tom Sawyer Really appreciate you giving it a look.  And thanks for the suggestion to use Norsemen.  I just ran a test and it helped a lot.  I just built about 100 houses and populated them with debug.  Let it run and there was a pretty consistent fluxuation around 50%.  Placed a courthouse and it evened it out.  Backed up to where I started that and did the same but with wells.  Same thing.  Which is consistent with what I noticed when we were having that long discussion about happiness earlier in the year.  So I'm going to call this a win and press on, clean up some details and get this posted.  Thank you again for having a look at it.

What did you think about the radii?  I can adjust them if you think they need changing for use with your mod.  I don't think it will really make that much difference with play outside of that so happy to tweak it if you think they need to be.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Tom Sawyer

I think the radii are good. In real life, people would also build only one courthouse for a whole city and its entire surroundings (the map). The only issue can be that the circle is hard to notice by players because out of screen. I would also like something about 60 tiles around the court and 30 for the office. The biggest radius of vanilla and what I have so far is 45.

What I noticed at the courthouse is that it's scaled very large, also compared to the office. Maybe to scale it down to a size where the wall texture is similar to the office, I guess about 20% smaller. And another small thing. The court can be built only once which is fine but no way to read the description again. I had this effect  when testing, while the office I could check also after I built it.. wondering, who the heck is Henry?^^

Maldrick

That sounds fine. I went with the larger radius when there was attendance but now just being a radius that works.  The CC courthouse has a radius of 100 for 350 attendance and that seemed a little out of proportion to me.  Either a smaller radius or higher attendance, imo.  But that sounds good.

Yeah I noticed it looked big in the screen you posted.  I'm going to keep the size because it's intended to go with the vanilla buildings and if you compare it to the vanilla courthouse, chapel, and hospital it's in proportion to those.  I will do more of these as I get further along, though, and what I have in mind definitely won't be as big.  In the end, it's pretty much a chapel with the attendance UI removed and the happiness type changed. Kind of has me curious about trying it with other happiness types but will need to mull that over for down the road.

Henry?  He's the protagonist in Kingdom Come Deliverance and I was just having some fun with that.  There's a lot of interaction with the local bailiffs and was partial inspiration for the mod, so I made a little reference there.

Thanks again for your help. Excited to be getting to a point of completion with this.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Tom Sawyer

Ahh, this guy. I know him only from a let's play but it was a Heinrich there.^^ Congratulations to your new mod!

Maldrick

Much appreciated, Tom.  Thank you, again, for your help.