News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid's Mods

Started by qubesquared, August 21, 2017, 05:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

step 1> what bannished version do you have? there have been many updates over the years.
step 2> clear the registry.some mods are known to cause issues even after being completely removed from the windata folder.if you test a lot of mods, doing this will help speed the game load time also.
step 3> once you get the vanilla game to play again, add 1 mod. enable the mod,let the game reload itself. then exit completely and restart the game.this step is what gets missed the most. we players get anxious and think we reloaded,since it takes a few minutes to reload when  we add the mod.easy to forget. let the game reload when you enable the mod, and then completely exit and reload entirely. now run the game.

once you know it will play,you can add other mods. if you pass step 3, and have issues come let us know.

Hawk

In relation to step 2 above by @brads3, this topic should be of interest to you, if you're not comfortable working in the registry.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=790.0
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Nilla

It might be easier than that.

If you make changes by the mods from one game to another you always get a crash when you start a new game or load or whatever you make. There are a few different ways to handle this. When I make changes, I do this:

start a new map
set the mods I want in the order I want them
make a save
leave Banished
start Banished again
Now the mods you chose are set from the start and no more crashes.

galensgranny

Quote from: okkisafire on March 08, 2018, 07:01:12 AM
I just don't get it. Even that I removed all the mods, it kept crash. I have no idea but to reinstall my Banished.

What happens to me when my game crashes is that even though on the screen, it looks like Banished is closed, it still is active in the Windows Task Manager (my computer has Windows 7).  So I have to keep remembering to hit CTR ALT Delete to open Task Manager and then "end" Banished from there before restarting it from the screen icon.  Maybe that is what is happening to you too.  Of course, if I restart the computer, that totally closes out everything.  Is your game still crashing even after you restart the computer?

okkisafire

@brads3

Quotestep 1> what bannished version do you have? there have been many updates over the years.

Can you tell me how to check it? I completely lost to it. But I can play some new mods for 1.0.7

Quotestep 2> clear the registry.some mods are known to cause issues even after being completely removed from the windata folder.if you test a lot of mods, doing this will help speed the game load time also.

And how to clear the registry? I feel so stupid  :(

Quotestep 3> once you get the vanilla game to play again, add 1 mod. enable the mod,let the game reload itself. then exit completely and restart the game.this step is what gets missed the most. we players get anxious and think we reloaded,since it takes a few minutes to reload when  we add the mod.easy to forget. let the game reload when you enable the mod, and then completely exit and reload entirely. now run the game.

once you know it will play,you can add other mods. if you pass step 3, and have issues come let us know.

I'm gonna do it next time. So, we must enable the mods one by one, like that? It surely take lots of time, but I'm gonna try it. Thank you

okkisafire

@Hawk

QuoteIn relation to step 2 above by @brads3, this topic should be of interest to you, if you're not comfortable working in the registry.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=790.0

I will reread it at home, I still don't get it, But thank you a lot

okkisafire

@Nilla
QuoteIt might be easier than that.

If you make changes by the mods from one game to another you always get a crash when you start a new game or load or whatever you make. There are a few different ways to handle this. When I make changes, I do this:

start a new map
set the mods I want in the order I want them
make a save
leave Banished
start Banished again
Now the mods you chose are set from the start and no more crashes.

That comes in my mind but I never try it. Thanks a lot for your advices, Mr. Nilla, you surely do many helps to me

okkisafire

@galensgranny
QuoteWhat happens to me when my game crashes is that even though on the screen, it looks like Banished is closed, it still is active in the Windows Task Manager (my computer has Windows 7).  So I have to keep remembering to hit CTR ALT Delete to open Task Manager and then "end" Banished from there before restarting it from the screen icon.  Maybe that is what is happening to you too.  Of course, if I restart the computer, that totally closes out everything.  Is your game still crashing even after you restart the computer?

Actually, yes  :( after I did some experiences with enable together some "red mods", it crashed and I reload Banished several times. I left it for tomorrow (which means I shut down my computer) and tried it again for several days, but it no work.

brads3

only reason i said to enable 1 mod was to get you used to the steps.once you are more used to them then yes you can add many at once.the version will be on the bottom of the start page when you open the game.
     please tell me you didn't get banished from steam?that brings its own problems.there are a few blogs on clearing the registry.HAWK's way would work fast.

okkisafire

@brads3
Quoteonly reason i said to enable 1 mod was to get you used to the steps.once you are more used to them then yes you can add many at once.the version will be on the bottom of the start page when you open the game.
     please tell me you didn't get banished from steam?that brings its own problems.there are a few blogs on clearing the registry.HAWK's way would work fast.

Well, I copied it from my friend, actually. I don't know where she got it. But I never been asked for registry eventhough my computer is always connected to the internet. I haven't checked it yet, not before I get home

Nilla

I would also give you the advise to buy a copy of your own. It´s a very cheap game, often on sale.

It´s also Mrs Nilla, but you´re welcome! ;)

Hawk

To add to what @Nilla (Mrs. Nilla  ;) ) said, talking about having an illegal/pirated copy of the game is not the wisest thing to do here. Piracy is generally frowned upon in decent forums like this one.
You can get the game at GOG for $19.99 and own a legal copy of the game.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

okkisafire

Mrs @Nilla (sorry lol) and Mr @Hawk

Yeah sure, just yesterday I've been thinking that I'm gonna buy the game, so much mess by playing the version from my friend. I just addicted to this game after all and I think there is so much things that I still don't know and need to be explore (a never ending one it seems) about this game. Maybe that is the reason why I can't use Mega Mods! After Mr Brads3 questioning me, I wonder and asked my friend where she got the game. She told me that she got it from her friend which in turn downloaded it from GOG. Lol! Such a long line. But her friend insisted that the game is genuine because it's from GOG. Save that I don't receive any registration, it still puzzled me whether my game version is really genuine.

But now, thanks to Mr @brads3 , yesterday I was able to use some of Mr Kid's mods without crashed.

Ps: the game is surely cheap. About $19 on Steam, and it is discounted for my country (only about IDK 135000 or around $10). My game version is 1.06 unfortunately, that is explained why I can't use some of 1.07's mods.

RedKetchup

Quote from: okkisafire on March 09, 2018, 09:31:15 PM
Ps: the game is surely cheap. About $19 on Steam, and it is discounted for my country (only about IDK 135000 or around $10). My game version is 1.06 unfortunately, that is explained why I can't use some of 1.07's mods.

around 2 times per year the game is on sale at 4.99
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

TheOtherMicheal

Games from Steam can have problems but many of those problems have been solved now. The real problem is that some people keep telling everyone about issues from the past as though those issues are still a big problem today when the truth is that they are not a problem today.
My copy of Banished is from Steam and I have over 1100 hours racked up now and that was using mods all the time.
At one time I had about 160 mods installed and active.

I agree that GOG is a better game seller than Steam and I use GOG, GamersGate and Steam to buy games. I had problems with Steam in the past but those problems have been fixed many years ago. Telling people that Steam is the cause of their problems with Banished is bad information and completely ignorant of reality.