News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Jetty & Bridge v2.1 (updated 20 April 2018)

Started by Discrepancy, February 16, 2017, 07:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

So there is not normally potatoes in the North? they are coming in because of the jetty glasshouse then. I can alter this, I am currently altering a few things for an updated North patch for the jetties. I am currently working on that along with further work on Industry Mining and a large update and expansion to the Thompson Trade Merchants.

Tom Sawyer

I have already fixed the price of cheap foodstuff from the New World. Technically they are always in game but unknown as import good until adding the NewCrops mod or trading with a specialized food merchant. I also added them as imports to my "modern" trading post. You don't need to change something with potatoes or other crops @Discrepancy.

Freedom

@RedKetchup yes please! I could really use such a patch.

Quotedo you need a patch that will tell fertilizer is custom4 and tell the greenhouse to let in store this new flag ?

Bannie botanists (from Garden Walls: Utility for 1.0.7) are forever carrying fertilizer from a stockpile to the greenhouse only to carry it back to the stockpile. Yes, I have DS Jetty & Bridge v2.1 loaded higher in my mod list, and disabling that or dropping it below your mod "fixes" the problem. But I am 30 years into this Peak's Valley map and using lots of bits from both (and many more) mods and I'd rather not start a new town yet. So the patch would really help (even if it leaves fertilizer in stockpiles rather than barns).

@Discrepancy as great as the Jetty & Bridge mod is (and your others too), having fertilizer stored in open stockpiles, rather than in covered barns seems an odd choice. I can put deco covers over those stockpiles, but given what it is, and given I'm playing a CC:Marine climate where it rains a lot... Not a big deal, but wanted to mention it.

And thanks to you both. 

Nilla

I'm the one, guilty of the fertilizer on stockpiles. Earlier it was stored in barns next to food and other things. I don't like that and I complained so much and often, that @RedKetchup finally had enough and changed it to be stored on stockpiles, together with clay and sand (also not very good to store in the rain) ;) . I would have preferred, to store fertilizer on an old fashioned "manure stack" but for that, it needs its own "flag". And Red is a very social guy, who don't want to occupy a "flag" only for his fertilizer. That's the reason things are this way. In any case, I like it much better on stockpiles than in every barn.

brads3

why did DS code fertilizer to custom 4,materials?  what does DS have under custom 7,misc? as to storage what dictates where it is stored? to my understanding barns and markets can leave out the custom 7 tag,and then they won't store the fertilizer. KIDD has adjusted some markets this way so fertilizer isn't stored with food. if you all prefer piles for storage,can't a pile be coded to custom 7? this would actually stop the fertilizer from being stored everywhere and it would have to be stored in 1 place.

this goes back to the limit flags and the speed at which mods were upgraded. the 1.07 limit flags came out at the same time as NECORA unlocked the community icon tool.the modders were quick in reacting and were busy for some time with changing so much.we appreciate the hard work. however,in the process storage got over coded.there is 2 extremes. some stores everything and therefore store the odd tag and fertilizer.some storage goes the other way and doesnt store enough of the different tags.

i take part of the blame for this by how i have explained issues at times. modders have adjusted some storage to help. i will try to explain better.  most markets should leave out the custom 7,misc limit flag. this solves the fertilizer being stored with food issue. i say most because i think we need a cart or shed that would move and store fertilizer near greenhouses. RED has made "general" markets that store food,tools,clothing,firewood and herbs. those store the items the bannies use themselves. these work well to keep odd items out. odd items being those that need processed like clay,sand,flax,etc.then there are construction,textile, or material markets that pull items to a production area to be processed. those markets,as handy as they are,don't fit every village due to style. we still need storage for the bannies to drop off into as they harvest or collect items. some do store in piles easily like iron ore,thatch,or sand.not all do.

i almost think we need a double storage system. a set of barns specific to flag to store where things are colleccted or made. and a set of markets similarly designed.  please don't take me wrong thou. there has been great improvements. KIDD's forestor with storage stores thatch and logs.RED's forest barn storage piece stores multiple items including in-edible maple sap,thatch,and pelts. EB made a small market set that moves odd items as well as a wharehouse market.

i do hope i didn't confuse anyone more.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Freedom on May 12, 2018, 10:55:56 AM
@RedKetchup yes please! I could really use such a patch.

ok

Quote from: Nilla on May 12, 2018, 11:09:33 AM
And Red is a very social guy, who don't want to occupy a "flag" only for his fertilizer. That's the reason things are this way. In any case, I like it much better on stockpiles than in every barn.

haha yeah :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Freedom

I like Red's Garden Walls: Utility for 1.0.7 mod as it does code fertilizer as miscellaneous. The mod also includes a barn for only miscellaneous items (e.g., fodder and fertilizer).
I prefer this setup to having fertilizer as a stockpiled material. Again, just an opinion. I'll thank the modders and my bannies will be happy either way.

Kralyerg at CC did create several Specialized Storage Barns (as part of CC 1.75) one each for only crafted, forged, fabric, precious, or miscellaneous items, using the same model as the CC Distribution Barn. At the time it was said that was done to expedite getting the specialized barns released and that varied 3D models would follow, but that hasn't happen yet, so they all look the same but store different and limited things. So if other modders wanted to come up with their own specialized storage buildings I wouldn't mind the variety  ;D  ::)

If Miscellaneous items are excluded from markets and general purpose barns, wouldn't that also affect candlemakers and a few others who use Misc items? No easy answer (as usual with flags and limits), but I for one agree that excluding Misc from "general" storage and using "specialized" storage where needed is a good compromise position --except legacy stuff is still there.  :o

RedKetchup

but you said you wanted to have a patch to make custom4 ... but now you say you prefer it stays as misc (custom7) ....
i am lost. what you need ?

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 12, 2018, 03:24:50 PM
but you said you wanted to have a patch to make custom4 ... but now you say you prefer it stays as misc (custom7) ....
i am lost. what you need ?

in case all you only wanted in fact ... is a patch that doesnt change your fertilizer setup but only allow the greenhouse to store and custon7 and custom4 ....
use this patch ontop. note maybe you will have to destroy the greenhouses and rebuild

elemental

I hope someone will make a patch, either @RedKetchup or @Discrepancy. I haven't test-played yet but the way it is now it sounds like we can't use both Red's greenhouse and DS's greenhouse (and the mushroom farm too?), only one or the other depending on which mod is on top. Fertiliser is a fairly basic commodity so it would be best if all mods used the same fertiliser to keep everything working together.  :)

Personally I don't care where it is stored, so long as there aren't conflicts with other mods. I guess if Red and DS both made a patch then everyone would be happy, no matter where they want their bags of you-know-what stored.

RedKetchup

i dont know about why cant use red greenhouses in same time as ds greenhouses.

but the patch i just offered doesnt alter any gameplay any mechanics of the mods. the only thing it does it allow Custom4 in both my greenhouses:

before:
StorageDescription storage
{
   RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Edible | Custom7;
   bool _areaBasedLimit = false;
   bool _available = false;
   int _volumeLimit = 1000;
}

after:
StorageDescription storage
{
   RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Edible | Custom4 | Custom7;
   bool _areaBasedLimit = false;
   bool _available = false;
   int _volumeLimit = 1000;
}

thats the only thing it does. it doesnt change anything else.
so whatever your fertilizer would be a material or a miscelleous... they will accept it. it doesnt change your fertilizer mechanic.

Gatherer

I use both greenhouses. They work just fine at the same time. What I'm having problems is that the jetty chicken coop won't work if materials limit (DS fertilizer - Custom4, clay, sand, hardwood,...) is reached. So I've deleted the chicken coop and built another DS greenhouse instead using GW:Utility fertilizer.

But I don't mind anymore.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

elemental

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 12, 2018, 04:09:18 PM
i dont know about why cant use red greenhouses in same time as ds greenhouses.

Because your greenhouse can't accept DS fertiliser without the patch. And if your mod is on top then DS greenhouse and mushroom farm can't accept fertiliser. Well, I haven't actually tested that, so I can't say for sure. But I did do a quick test with your greenhouse and DS chicken coop poop (DS on top) and can confirm that your greenhouse just can't take fertiliser without the patch. I am using the old standalone Garden Walls mod, not your mega Editor's Choice mod.

Thanks for the patch. I'll give it a go later, but first I want to do those houses for you.  :)

Nilla

I think I've found a bug (or at least a strange thing).

I've built a driftwood collector. After some years it stopped produce and I used the demolishing button to demolish the building, like I've done before with a driftwood searcher. By the searcher I could delete the foot print after a while and the space was free to build on again. As I looked at the collector building, it was only half demolished and showed the unoccupied sign (?). I thought that I had to assign a worker to demolish it. It was a wood cutter and he didn't demolish the rest of the building, he started to work and collect logs and firewood at the half demolished building. I can only assign one worker but he works alright. Is it meant to be this way?

Discrepancy

It sure is :) that is the way you actually delete it:

You've built your first driftwood collector, it either expires or you don't want it there.
Click on the Upgrade button of the UI and it upgrades to an in-between demolishing building;
'When the Drift Wood Collector has expired, press this button for a worker to start dismantling the workplace and collect the last remaining driftwood logs and firewood.'
basically the worker will come back and start collecting the last of the logs until it runs out. Once depleted again, the driftwood collector can now be demolished using the normal remove buildings tool.

first build collector if using selection method will produce a total of 250 before upgrade/demolish, which gives another 50 production.
random production is total of 300 before upgrade/demolish, which gives another 50 production.