Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

LOWESVILLE Brad's multi-mod fort city

Started by brads3, April 28, 2017, 12:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

RED,hopefully it will bring nomads before i die of old age.lol

brads3

soon after the merchant left us,we were able to have our spring meeting.with the added hope and enthusiasm created by building the lighthouse,everyone had worked extra hard last year. the Indians produced more potatoes. our new leeks did very well.Nesto harvested 700 off his 9 by 11 field.the meadow cut 400 fodder. they just grinned and would not explain how.only 1 wild boar was tracked and killed.our trapper had slowed down. they backed off so they wouldn't overkill the rabbits and squirrels. their efforts to build up the pheasnt population had paid off with extra eggs.with all our extra food and warmer fur coats,everyone's was healthier.
   our oldest residence turned 63.there were concrens that our popultaion was aging quicker than it was growing.we had only 1 graduate last year from the Indian school. they would go help with the apple trees.there should be apples to eat and maybe some sap for us to taste.
      larry finally toook a wife. we now only had 2 bachelors living alone.with another vendor was added to move meat and  apples to the small market. there wern't many but everyone wanted some.the other graduate stayed with his parents in the mini tent.they were both in their mid 40's.
    everyone stayed healthy and we survived another winter.not much progress as even the awesome lighthouses could not search out nomads or merchants in this forgoten land.

as spring dawned on year 30, it was time to access our progress and determine our future plan.were we aging too fast? our barns were full and food stocked.but if our elders got sick, would our young children be able to survive without too much struggles? would it be better to send them down river to find the bison Indians?

brads3

YEAR 30:
   wow,has it been that long?game has gone too slow. without a growing population,there isn't much expansion.it is so stagnant that most years are just spent doing basic jobs.

we have only seen 4 groups of nomads and 4 merchants.the lighthouse has only been operating for a year.
we have 2 banies now in their 60's.7 in their 50's.yet we have kept healthy.though most of our houses are full,we do have several young growing families. 43 adults,9 students,and 23 children.total 75. education level at 51%.
housing 23+ the barracks. with 6800 food,we have less than a year reserve but we are growing food year round with the greenhouse. that is only a gain of 2 bannies per year.
     with the Indians clearing old trees to plant apples and maples,our log count is super.we still have stone stored after building the lighthouse.only 1/3rd of our tools is stone.we have more than enough tools,so we will not overuse our iron ore.our tailors are busy.we had hopes to trade leather  to native villages.if we find a market for the Indian perfumes,we can keep merchants busy.even our fodder has surplus after the long winter.we are
    overall,we have survived well and do grow. we have expanded our farther with the help of the Indians.if our population inside the fort would grow,there is much we would like to do.

the straberries did get finished off. our apple trees have started to produce.the Indians say it will be another year or 2 before we have enough sap to boil down.with 2 veggetable crops and everyone tired of wheat,the grernhouse will switch to growing corn.our wheat field will plant leeks.
     the seed merchant returned as everyone headed to work 1 morning.he did have a bag of carrot seeds. though we tried to convince him,he would not take any special orders. he would bring whatever he could find himself.he did tell Orry there was nobody along the lake shoreline.other than a pack of wolves to the far west,he not seen much else.he knew of a coastal town that would buy the perfumes.
     late fall,a metchant stopped by with some bison.he had found the calves stuck in some mud.he had no idea where the rest of the herd was though.the Indians were excited and convinced us to quickly clear a pasture for 5 of them.
   the new graduates would search the east creek for gold and smelt it into coins.the workers and builder would have a busy winter.
      our potaoes had another bad year by the creek.hopefully the Indians do better at raising bison.our forests had produced less. the trapper reported he had trapped many beavers but there were more than he had traps.

pic 1: bison pasture.
pic2: placer mine behind the office.precious storage and smelter still under construction

brads3

YEAR 31
   since our potaoe fields still had troubles,the carrots would be planted in the fort field by the leeks. 1 potato field was switched to wheat. we had plenty but this would give us all 4 crops.maybe the beavers and boars wouldn't like the change.betting on nomads,i had the greenhouse start growing watermelons so we would have extra fruit.
      our vendor would set up a mini market near the mini forest. this would get food out to the Indians. there barns were running low after the rough year.
      the fabrics merchant stopped again.we laughed at his supplies.he must have traded everything he had away.by now he had copper,tea,and a barrel.we called him the junk dealer.he had seen a campfire on the northeast side of the lake.Orrey would ride out and check on them.
      sure enough,Orrey brought in 7 nomads to the townhall.they had heard of us from the merchants and traveled down from the small village.after getting them some food,they rested in the barracks. 1 family would keep the fire lit at the lighthouse.the rest would expand the farm village.

pic:nomads gathering food for the barracks.smelter is completed.

brads3

as the construction of the new houses started,a company merchant stopped. he had heard other traders talking about us.finally word of us was getting out.though he had nothing we neeeded,he would stop again in his travels.though he took time to  explain the many items the various merchants carried,we could not understand many of them. it seems by the time they get to us they have a mixed batch of items and many that we will not have names for.
    snow was already falling before all the houses could be completed.it had been a busy year.as i checked the stocks before winter,i was gladthe greenhouse had prroduced watermelons.the Indian farms did have a much better harvest since all the construction had upset the beavers.they said they would plant wheat,potaoes,and carrots next spring.combined the forest gatherers harvested 2500 between the 3 of them.
    the plantation supply shop had no work keep busy at. we were low on leather and had no iron yet for his tools.he would be extra help to the village. with laborers scattered,they would drop a variety of items to the barns and the walking distance was fairly balanced for them all.
   other than old Nesto and the youngest nomad,we had no bachelors. 1 Indian maiden still stayed in the barracks.she wanted to stay and help at the fort.we will build her a new house in spring.
   with hopes of more merchant boats,we added an old town trading post by the lighthouse with a pasture to feed livestock they might bring.

pic: village expands.plantation houses added to the 2 plymouths.plantation supply shop end of the road.

brads3

YEAR 32,
     Since we didn't have much to trade yet,a tiny dock was built near the lighthouse.our trader would fish  in his spare time always ready to meet merchants traveling by.
  having extra workers in the fort,we could start getting ready to process iron.we needed fuel refined and then a smelter.also,a silver placer mine was added to the main river.with a small lumber cutter,we had a small production are in the fort.we then started on a bakery and wooded butcher shop.the vendor too was given a helper.our other laborers had located a mining hill and were working to push the road east.
     the company merchant returned in the summer.this time he did have something for us.we would trade wheat for eggplant.he also broght news and letters from the village to the north.the next day a merchant stopped by the old trading post.he was quite hungry. considering what little he had to trade,no wonder.he had past the company merchant and was headed north. letters were quickly wrote to send before he left.
   with another graduate in the fall,we went to work building another greenhouse.our fodder was producing better with 2 workers.there were concerns of if the well could handle it.soon there will be more graduates with more houses and babies.

pic 1:old town trading post,pasture to unload livestock,tiny fishing dock.
pic 2: silver placer mine,iron smelter,fuel refinery,lumber sawpit.by the barracks is the bakery and butcher beside it.

pic 3: the bright green and red maple and apple forest looks much different.

Nilla

You were very busy! It looks good. A slow game since you play "real time". Can we see the map and a few statistics from the town hall some time? These things are as interesting to me as the design of the town.

brads3

NILLA. i  can do that.i did type some of them on year 30. this game has been slower than my normal play.those nomads not coming hurt.then after i fixed the bidge it still took another 5 years. i think the real time makes more sence.the farming and construction seems to b based on a calendar year. when you play the other way, the bannies function at 1 speed but the game another speed.they eat and multiply faster than the food grows or the buildings are made. they also seem to eat more. to me it throws things out of balance. normally in the 1st 5 years,i would have already have 5000 food stored,1200 firewood,and extra clothes and tools.i normally by then would also have 2 sets of nomads. i would be constantly expanding and growing.this game has finally got there. the next build project will take several years to get things caught up.

brads3

damn, stupid internet dumped me. i had just done a huge update for you all.i will try to do a quick version now. if anyone has a question or wants to see something more,please feel free to ask. i have kept the old saves along the way.i will try to explain things. hopefully i don't go too fast or confuse anyone.

the nomad delays did slow the game a lot.there have been other changes to my plan. the fodder field circle would not fit south of the fort between the 2 rivers.the south wall of the fort will close it off and dictate how much room i have there. there is a lot to go inside it yet so i held that off. with CC,it takes a production town to supply items to buiild many of the pieces.the village to the east was figured to go where the fodder is. then it could extend south and expand to the colonial houses. due to  food demands,the outpost forest wasn't built. there are still a ton of forests planned including an entire orchard set.so i don't have all the logs in 1 area,that will take more planning. the regrowth rate of trees,grass,etc is different as well. it opens the map up but changes several things. for 1 i don't have to decorate every few years. there are only a few grass roads used. i did use some to widen roads especially through the forests. even with the slow start, the game is progressing and the pace is picking up.the lighthouse should bring more nomads sooner.
    i am not complaining about any mods. the changes make the game interesting. each time you play banished should be different. the way i play the game changes over time.so far there are only minor glitches. a few items in the trading posts with the merchants are blank tagged. i think they are due to having 1.06 mods with older limit tags. if i "fix" that i throw out several mods,like 2 different sets.maybe more. i have no crashes and everything does function.the wheat flour from KIDS workshop grinder is inedible.so is NECORA's maple sap.those were designed that way.
      so far only 1 couple has moved to outside the fort.i have kept the original bannies working and expanding the fort operations.nomad set 1 went to the forest.nomad set 2 works the fodder meadow.set 3 expanded the forest differently than i had originally planned.
      the next set of nomads is going to be a huge project and will take several years to get caught up and then regroup.due to the distances work is slow.this game is about to speed up.

brads3

these pics are ahead by 2 years.but it will give more townhall info.
pic 1: to the east is the fodder meadow expanding south. you can just see the construction through the trres.TH overview. population 105.
pic 2: the main fort.TH inventory by quantity. we have plenty of logs and flowers,a good variety of food,and have saved and stored maple sap and inedible flour.
pic 3:the Indian plymouth/plantation village.TH 25 year food graph shows a hiccup at about the 15 year mark.note the floour and sap process would count against the useable food then. to the north is forests and you can barely see the base of the mining mountain to the east where the road extends.there is a good size mining and production town planned just to the east of the Indian village.

brads3

YEAR 33
    the maple forester stopped cutting trees and just planed. he didnt't want to overcut the new trees. there were still some open patches yet.we had plenty of logs but the mini forester went back to work.
    the seed merchant brought only a bag of sorghum seeds. we took it,hoping he might bring more next year.he had barely left when a clothing importer stopped by the old town post.he had some funny clothing.we werent sure if they were bone,canvas,or maybe wolfskin.he did say he paid good for pelts and fur coats if we had extras.he would put the word out about our perfumes to the other mechants he saw in his travels.
     late summer a group of 11 nomads found our lighthouse in the dark.they had come from the west. trying to avoid wolves,they stumbled into the valley and saw the light,they were happy to have a safe place finally.they needed new clothing and tools but we had plenty.the 2 small children would be checked over at the clinic.it would take time but the extra help would be used to expand the meadow. we would have twice the fodder and a new thatch hut.
     soon after the construction started,a livestock merchant stopped. he had sheep and offered us a good discount.though we could not take time to build a new pasture,they could stay in our feed pen.as the fall rains came,an alcohol smuggler stopped.we took some cider and maple whiskey. it would be nice for the tired workers.winter would come and go before they were finished with the huge project.

YEAR 34
       at the spring meeting,everyone seemed overly tired.i hoped it would not affect our food production.the farmers rotated their crops. the potatoes would be planted in the fort again.the Indians would see if they could havebetter luck with the leeks.i did tell the laborers that as soon as they were done supplying the builders they could take a break of a few days. i did hope they could start clearing trees and rocks by fall.we still had more houses to plan and build.this project is needed to supply food to start the production area.we don't have the reserves i would like yet.

brads3

year 34 continues

we had news from the homeland and they wanted an update of where we are. there was much to tell and more we could have.at least we have not been totally forgotten.progress continues quicker than before.i sent Orrey to survey the land. as i checked his maps and note,i realize almost the entire outside will be forests.if we use the land wisely,there will be room for 10 towns.
   by summer the thatch and fodder expansion was caught up. we added 2 more houses and a hunter to give them more help.it will take time to clear the trees and stone.here is plenty of game for the lookout tower.
in time,there will be flowers for a larger beekkeeper and more honey.
    a couple merchants came by. we were very busy and they had nothing we needed.winter would come before both houses can be finished.we still need a larger pasture for the sheep as well.
   finally in the middle of winter,our barracks was once again empty.i could quickly figure out the sheep pasure and what other housing was needed.1 graduate,an Indian maiden. but there was a bachelor in her village already.we did have a 14 year old male living with his parents still in 1 of the new houses. however,he also had a female living by herself near by.our housing was in control still.we dropped back to 2 builders and 7 laborers.only a 25x9 sheep pasture remains under construction.we have survived and prospered to year 35.

pic 1: thatch hut and fodder #2,1 house still being built.the barns built early helped keep food in the area as land was cleared for buildings.
pic 2: construction finished.they will need a road and a bridge when the laborers find time.

Abandoned

Those trees are sure pretty, is that were the Indians are hiding?  :)

brads3

lol. which trees? NECORA"s or CC's?? there is plenty more trees coming but a long ways off yet.i have enough logs for a while.

brads3

YEAR 35
   with the major expansion project completed,everyone was happy to have some rest.we needed a sap boiler for the maple forest soon.we would also need a tailor for the wool.another house was needed at the village. with all the venison stored,we would add a dryer for and a meatlocker.the Indian village was growing.
   while our laborers were busy working on the roads, the planter brought rockmelon seeds.we had plenty of watermelon stored but would try to plow a field by spring.