News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD : Steph's Grain Silos v 2.0 - Redketchup

Started by RedKetchup, September 28, 2014, 04:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

For what it is worth, I have yet to see fig seeds come with a trader, so maybe your red cabbage is okay.  Have you tried looking at a crop planted with seeds from the debug option?  I made a mod to turn on debug mode in the game.  You can give yourself all of the seeds and test stuff.

rkelly17

Quote from: Pangaea on September 30, 2014, 08:47:50 AM
One question that caught my mind, will vendors put grain from overflowing barns into this silo, or will stuff just get there if farmers and such happen to put it there originally?

An other alternative, more for a new mod really, would be to create a Trading OP-like building, but that can be constructed inland, with similar storing capacity, with vendors/merchants working there, with similar limits capability as the TPs. That way we could choose e.g. 10,000 apples, and the workers would put it there from nearby markets and barns. With such inland storage capability, we could construct fewer barns, and thus get more room for other buildings. I sometimes use the TPs simply for temporary storage ("storage room for logs, etc is overflowing"), and it would be excellent to have such buildings elsewhere too.

One option would be to build a TP on an inland lake that can't be reached by merchants. Several people were doing this early on in Banished to get more focused storage or to draw materials to different parts of the map.

Pangaea

Quote from: rkelly17 on September 30, 2014, 10:14:19 AM
Quote from: Pangaea on September 30, 2014, 08:47:50 AM
One question that caught my mind, will vendors put grain from overflowing barns into this silo, or will stuff just get there if farmers and such happen to put it there originally?

An other alternative, more for a new mod really, would be to create a Trading OP-like building, but that can be constructed inland, with similar storing capacity, with vendors/merchants working there, with similar limits capability as the TPs. That way we could choose e.g. 10,000 apples, and the workers would put it there from nearby markets and barns. With such inland storage capability, we could construct fewer barns, and thus get more room for other buildings. I sometimes use the TPs simply for temporary storage ("storage room for logs, etc is overflowing"), and it would be excellent to have such buildings elsewhere too.

One option would be to build a TP on an inland lake that can't be reached by merchants. Several people were doing this early on in Banished to get more focused storage or to draw materials to different parts of the map.

Thanks, that's a way to do it too. Unfortunately I don't have such a lake in my current save, but it's something to think about for the future. Unless @RedKetchup makes it before of course :D Your work is really good, and so fast as well.

irrelevant

@Pangaea Sometimes you can find a spot on one of the smaller streams where you can fit in a TP. Not possible on all maps, but on my Sink Mill map I was able to find two of them. This can take some frustrating trial and error and fussing around  ;)

Pangaea

Quote from: irrelevant on September 30, 2014, 11:58:43 AM
@Pangaea Sometimes you can find a spot on one of the smaller streams where you can fit in a TP. Not possible on all maps, but on my Sink Mill map I was able to find two of them. This can take some frustrating trial and error and fussing around  ;)

Cheers, I'll look out for a spot. It would be excellent to re-route logs closer to the town centre. Some woodcutters can get up to 1000-1100 firewood a year, while others only have 4-500, and I think the key difference is lack of easy log access.

Though in fairness I can actually use one of the three existing TPs for this, as it's close to some low-producing woodcutters.

Sorry for this little off-topic comment, but I honestly don't get how people can bare to manage 20-30+ trading posts (unless you automate everything, which has its own pitfalls). I only have three, and it's a pain to supply them, and especially to micromanage them when the merchants arrive. 30 would be a complete nightmare!  :o :o :o

mellowtraumatic

Finally getting to use it. I love it!

assobanana76

so many ideas in my head and so little time to make !!
I have to create the angle bread! with crops of corn and wheat, mill, bakery, grain silos!
angle with textile fields of cotton and linen, farm and tailor!
I have to decorate my whole city with decorative pack !!
placing the new general store elfecutioner !!
build all new homes!
aaaaaggggghhhhhh
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

do you know guys what someone told me as comment tonight ????

LOL

Quotefrom: thewanderingoutsider 1 hour ago

This is a good mod, however I'm not sure if it's glitch free...anything that gets stored there mysteriously disappears after a while. :(

ROFL
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

mellowtraumatic

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 01, 2014, 02:00:06 AM
do you know guys what someone told me as comment tonight ????

LOL

Quotefrom: thewanderingoutsider 1 hour ago

This is a good mod, however I'm not sure if it's glitch free...anything that gets stored there mysteriously disappears after a while. :(

ROFL

Oh, dear. *lol*

Pangaea

Have played a little test game with this mod now, and I really, really like it. Probably my favourite @RedKetchup mod so far, which is saying something :P It fits the default artwork really well too, which I like.

However, would it be possible to create something similar for fruits and vegetables, or food more generally? Suppose they ought to have lower storing capacity, as fruits and vegetables can't be packed as tightly (or so I would think), but it would be excellent to have similar buildings for those too.

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

i ve checked some images and read a bit, looks like in the past people making root cellars to store big quantities of vegtables and fruits. looks like they were mainly underground and they were making a little hill over it. kinda an hobbit house, mainly :)

i ll see what i can do :P maybe kinda doing it you need to put it at the bottom of a mountain/hill kinda like a mine but smaller and less mandatory. smaller and require less mountain part as a mine does.

michaelrym

They still do here (I'm in Poland).

When you go to a fruit and vegetables market, you can choose from two kinds of carrots: standard, washed carrots and what are called, um, 'pile' carrots: they stack them in a pile for the winter in a covered ground pit. It's claimed they have a better taste and more vitamins than those that are washed and thrown into a refrigerator. Have bought them once out of curiosity (they're always caked with soil) and indeed, they do have a stronger 'carroty' taste. But that might also be due to the fact that vegetables and fruit in general are tastier here than in NA (I've lived in Canada for over 20 years).

assobanana76

I can not wait to re-start with a new small map (when the larger mods will be finished) to create the angle grain!
with crops of wheat and corn, windmill, grain silos, bakery!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

i think i all be able to come up with something cool @Pangaea