News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Nilla-testing RK Editor Choice beta 12

Started by Nilla, April 02, 2018, 03:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

so how you found the numbers ? we are going forward overall ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Turis

Yeah, I'm stealing all of her animals and setting afire her barn. Let's see how the numbers go in the market.

Nilla

Send your warriors, @Turis. They will soon be corrupted by the good bohemian life in this village: some nice light outdoor occupations like fishing, picking plums, occasionally cut a plum tree and above all a lot of idling with the girls at the well and opportunities to tell stories about their heroic achievements. That the girls laugh about them when they're gone, they will never notice. ;)

Numbers;

As I've said before, I like the new output from the mines and the new trading values. I have made a few notes of the production numbers, all 6 miners;
stones: 198-232
coal; 424-460
iron ore; 285-348

It's still a low profit compared to woodchopper, farmer, beekeeper....... but at least a miner can support himself and maybe even a child.

You will never need to spam the map with mines, just to support the population with tools and building materials. So far (1600 inhabitants) I have managed to support all building sites with stones, and most the time also support the blacksmiths with iron and coal for steel tools ( I made iron tools a short time to catch up with stones) with one stone/coal mine and one iron mine (6 miners each). But I will need one more of each, if I want to go on with this town. But we mustn't forget, that I've built most brick houses, if you want more stone houses, you would have needed at least one extra stone mine. This is all very reasonable. I have 2 foundries, (but need only one) and 6 blacksmiths (need only 4-5). Also reasonable.

I don't know, if it only looked that way or if the production of steel tools is higher than iron tools. Normally it's the opposite, but as I said, I only produced iron tools for a short time , and have no numbers, so I can't say for sure.

I have noticed, that farming brings slightly less than usual, but the change is too small to make a difference. I find these small units without working area or input; like apiary, fishpond, water well still gives too much.
Apiary (2) 1100- 1400
Fishpond (4) 2000- 2400
Water well 380-480

I would reduce this and not make it possible to use more than 1 beekeeper and 2 fisher in each site.

The "food processors" I use; mill, bakery, dryer (fish) all produce, good or even very good. The output can variate a lot (more than 100%) depending on access of raw material. As I've said before; many small markets makes the distribution very good.

Mill (2): up to 4000, (increase of food 2000)
Bakery, fish dryer (2) up to 2000, (increase of food 1000)

But as I've said; it's often less than this. I've seen 1500 for a mill and 900 for the others. I don't mind that these sites are profitable. They are harder to locate and you must organize a good access to rawmaterial to get these height values. Maybe the mill is too high and the others too low.

My picture row

Since I´ve got no comment on the names of my picture row, I will just tell, that I like to listen to music, while I'm at the computer. The first thing I do when I've installed a new game, is to disable the music. I want "mine". At the moment I'm listening to a row of whole legendary albums, mostly from the 1960s and 70s. As that first child got lost in the woods and starved to death, I just listened to the group Queen's album "A Night at the Opera". The name of the first song is "Death on two legs". This was an omen! All other bildnames are songs from that album, too. I think "Bohemian Rhapsody" is the most well known of them. At the moment Rolling Stone´s cake album; "Let it bleed" is on. No worries, I will not try to name any pictures after the songs. ;)

Turis

Just remember that it's not what I say, but, what I do that defines me. And what I do is sitting in front of my PC playing games all day just like you. :) :P

brads3

<<<<< slaps Nilla's hands for messing with the water well output

grammycat

double slap Nilla's hand-bad girl!   Leave the well and apiary alone. . .please, pretty please?

Nilla

Oh yes, go on! I'm the punshing bag on WOB! :'(  I'll take a vacation!  :)

But I always say; what I write here in my blog is the opinion of one person, others may think different. It's also no demand on @RedKetchup to change anything, just my suggestions. I'm very well aware that "You can't always get what you want" ( :-[ sorry, but I only promised, no more picture names ;) )

I didn't had much time to play yesterday evening, was busy packing. The town has a little more than 1700 inhabitants. In my last game on a big map, I noticed some lags and that the game didn't run as smooth as at the beginning. It had only 1300 inhabitants. Here I notice nothing of that kind. It is and has always been a big difference, if you use a small or big map. So my advice to everyone who has problems with lags and a slow games; chose a smaller map.

Turis

Okay, I'll leave you alone for a while as you need a break and relax with some hot tea! :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on April 10, 2018, 01:46:54 AM
I didn't had much time to play yesterday evening, was busy packing. The town has a little more than 1700 inhabitants. In my last game on a big map, I noticed some lags and that the game didn't run as smooth as at the beginning. It had only 1300 inhabitants. Here I notice nothing of that kind. It is and has always been a big difference, if you use a small or big map. So my advice to everyone who has problems with lags and a slow games; chose a smaller map.

it has alot to do with the ingame citizens pathing, it was already there in 1st days back in time there werent any mods yet. asap you started to get the 1200 mark, you were starting to notice it alot.
it has nothing to do with my mod unfortunately/or fortunately lol
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

No hot tea, more a cold drink at the pool! :)

And yes, I know very well @RedKetchup, that these lags has nothing to do with your or anyone else´s mods. I remember how bad this was with my old computer. I couldn't play big maps at all, started to get these lags by some 500 inhabitants. 

Turis

Do you want me to help you reduce the lag by killing half of your population? :) :P

brads3

vacation?? in the middle of this long winter even. where are you going? hope you have a good time.

Turis

@Nilla Do you want me to "take care" of @brads3 so he stops annoying you?

Turis

Is @Nilla taking a break from the forum? I'm worry about her right now. :(

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.