News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Small Village: Homes v1.3.2 (updated 15 Dec 2017)

Started by Discrepancy, February 20, 2017, 11:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOtherMicheal

@Paeng I can understand your problem with the internet, Australia is still kinda backward as well, my area has to wait at least another three years before broadband access will be available here  :'( so you have my sympathy  :)

But anyway...
@Discrepancy an interesting sidenote, I downloaded the DS Village Storage and set up all the DS Village components for my new game start and I also enabled all three in a saved game (started only a few hours ago and I had previously enabled the first two DS Village components). No problems with the three parts in game the saved game which still had the DSSV 2 Beta active in it.

However, I made the mistake of trying to disable the DSSV 2 Beta after adding the DS Village Storage, forgetting that I had constructed some DS Village tents from the new mods. Apparently the game doesn't want to remove DSSV even though the buildings were from DS Village Homes. I don't believe this is any fault of the mods, they share resources after all but I thought it was an interesting bit of info that might have some use to you.

Paeng

Quote from: Discrepancy on February 22, 2017, 04:28:57 AMyou could be the first to try

Well, I tried...  :D

It loaded okay, but in-game it would crash when I click on any of the old items, as expected... now I could have gone in first and demolish all the stuff I already built, but there were tons of it... meh, I rather started fresh  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Turis

I like the tents, but, I have a problem since I also use the North mod and it replaces leather with Reindeer hide. I don't know how it can be fixed or which mod needs to be changed...

Turis

Discrepancy

Quote from: Turis on March 08, 2017, 01:29:08 AM
Can you set the tents into their own mod?

I can Turis.

and I will  :)

Also I  am adding an option to build with Reindeer Hides.

... but alas I have not been able to yet solve the crash that occurs when some of the tents catch fire. so no update yet.

Turis

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Discrepancy on March 08, 2017, 01:55:22 AM
Also I  am adding an option to build with Reindeer Hides. ... but alas I have not been able to yet solve the crash that occurs when some of the tents catch fire. so no update yet.

Tends from Reindeer hides sounds cool!  ;D

I tried your tends and they look really great. Sometimes my people cannot carry stuff in and it hangs on their little hands then. The cap of 300 seems to be too low.  And I guess the crash is caused by the nonexistent footprint which the game wants to overlay with damage texture. At least it crashes in this moment when the tend burned down.

Discrepancy

New update available --  v1.2

see change log above for details.

and here you can download a version with only the tents: DSSmallVillageHomestents_v1.zip 3.1mb

Turis

Thanks again, @Discrepancy

Discrepancy

:)

@Turis , I have edited my post above yours, there is a link to download the tents as a separate mod without the houses and inn.

@Tom Sawyer , I didn't make a new texture tent, the reindeer hide tent is using the same as the leather tent.

tanypredator

Hello, @Discrepancy!

I have tested this new mod (http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1643.0) and found out that your beautiful houses don't use thatch as fuel - kid1293 said that it is because you "use 'WoodFuel' to stop them from using coal". I understand why you and many players don't want houses to use coal, but maybe you will be so kind to make a 'fuel'-using version, please? This new mod is very promising and beautiful too.

brads3

i don't think the problem is with the houses. it is with the thatch. with the new tags and adding a new material,none of the modded houses will use it.i would think we need a bundler shed to bundle the thatch transfering it into bundled firewood.considering how fast dry grass would burn compared to actual firewood,bundles to me make the most sence. x amount of thatch to make 1 bundle.this helps use up the thatch so it doesn't over fill storage as well.

tanypredator

brads3, Kid's houses use thatch. But @Bartender already mentioned that he may set 'woodfuel' flag to thatch. Maybe he will like your idea more. I'll be ok with any decision :)

Discrepancy

Glad you like the houses :) They will look even better in next update with proper AO.

I will change the flag to just fuel instead of woodfuel in next update.

tanypredator

Thank you very much!

I just think that some players like to have coal not used by houses, that is why I suggested a separate version. But for me it's not a problem.