News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Standalone business?

Started by twilightbreeze, June 13, 2017, 08:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twilightbreeze

I am looking for some standalone business to add. Single mods, maybe separated from a larger mod.

I love a lot of mods by DS, Kid/Nomad, RK....but my laptop is old and apparently if I use too many larger mods, they crash. I'm not asking anyone to make something new, just wondering if anyone has individual .pkm files of singular buildings? Smallish Hospital mostly at this point. Thanks for all your efforts guys!!! :D

Oh, btw, Bobbi's Special Hosp. does not show in my new games, even tho they've been enabled. So that idea is out. Any others?
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

RedKetchup

Bobbi's hospital has been made by me, it was a request from Bobbi : She asked me to take out the function it has to "attract" all "idles" when citizens are doing nothing. the vanilla hospital attract citizens, and when there is a sick citizen inside, it is spreading the infection alot more easily. So the order was just to delete that "attraction" so when you have a sick citizens, the infections are more in "control"

it is kinda like a nerf. it doesnt add any "new" hospital, but it only modify the vanilla one.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

NMT has different "hospitals" called on other names (dentist, clinic, barbershop....) but they mostly made in function to "recieve" a 2nd and 3rd medieval floor on top of it. they have not super cool looking graphic... also Traning Camp has also a "field hospital" that can be built with leather and furs...

thats the only hospitals i have made so far. have you seen what they look like ?

QueryEverything

Have you tried the following @twilightbreeze :
These are smaller mods, with small footprint buildings & businesses, all designed to have low impact to games.

Modders are listed in Alphabetical order

@Discrepancy
----  DS Small Village: Services v1.1 (updated 08Apr2017) - http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=236
- Village Herbalist - 5x2 footprint, 2 herbalists, 30 radius. Requires 21 logs + 8 stone + 34 work to build.
- Village Hospital - 12x10 footprint, 1 physician, 30 patients. Requires 89 logs + 34 stone + 21 iron + 144 work to build.
--Upgrade option:
- 1-2 physicians, 45 patients. Requires 34 logs + 21 stone + 8 iron + 55 work to build.
- Village Well - 1x1 footprint, 2 styles + angled variants, 1000 volume. Requires 40 stone + 4 logs + 80 work to build.
- Large Village Well - 2x2 footprint, 1 style + angled variant, 2000 volume. Requires 55 stone + 4 logs + 144 work to build.
- Village School - 20 students, 1 teacher. Requires 55 logs + 13 stone + 55 work to build.
- Village Chapel - 50 citizens, 1 cleric. Requires 34 logs + 55 stone + 3 iron + 89 work to build.
- Village Church - 120 citizens, 1 cleric. Requires 55 logs + 89 stone + 21 iron + 144 work to build.
- Cemeteries: (22 new tombstones & crosses added, only appear on the village cemeteries)
- Small Village Cemetery - 5x5min 15x15max. Requires 1 log + 1 work per tile to build. tombstones stay in ground for 7-9 years.
- Village Cemetery - 7x7min 30x30max. Requires 1 stone + 1 work per tile to build. tombstones stay in ground for 4-6 years.
- Fenceless Village Cemetery - 5x5min 30x30max. Requires 1 work per tile to build. tombstones stay in ground for 6-8 years.
- Village Hall - records and displays village data & statistics. nomad attracting. Requires 89 logs + 55 stone + 21 iron + 144 work to build.
**the Village Hall has been updated to show the new flags. You must be using the latest Banished 1.0.7 beta.

@embx61
----  EB Apothecary - 1.07 - http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=86
Make those herbs go further!!
I finished the Apothecary and made a F key variant so people can choose out of two different texture versions for walls and roofs.
It works the same as the Herbalist but hopefully these buildings will fit more into town scenes and citizens who live in the towns don't have to walk to the woods where the vanilla herbalist mostly resides.
Build cost is 18 wood, 40 stone, 8 Iron and 60 cycles to build.

Changelog April 8 10:00PM CST: Uses the Common Community Toolbar

@kid1293
----  Kid - Tiny - http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=203
- Tiny Town Hall / no nomads
- Nomad Well / attracts nomads once a year.
- Tiny Market 3x4 / max 3 workers / 4000 storage
- Tiny Stone Bridge 1 wide - new
- Tiny Trader 4x5+1 / max 3 workers / 25000 storage
- Tiny Food Trader 4x5+1 / max 3 workers / 25000 storage
- Tiny Quarry 5x5+1 / max 4 workers / can be deleted
- Tiny Mine 3x8+1 / max 4 workers / can be deleted
- Tiny Fisherman 2x5+1 / max 2 workers / 14 radius
- Tiny Chopper 1x1+1 / max 1 worker
- Tiny Gardener 1x1 / max 1 worker / 30 radius

----  Workplace V1.5 - http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=204
- House 3x3+1 / 4 persons / a little bit warmer than a wood house
- All workplaces are 1x1 plus road
- Dairyman makes cheese, butter and yogurt from milk
- Baker bakes bread from flour (and butter/nuts/herbs)
- Grinder makes flour from grain. Added Wild Oats from Tanypredator's New Flora mod
- Butcher cuts (vanilla) meat and gets NMT meat products and CC sausages
- Brewer makes ale and mead from grain and honey. Added Wild Honey from New Flora mod
- Beekeeper tends to bees and makes honey. Added Wild Bees model from New Flora mod
- Tailor makes vanilla clothes and linen clothes. Added Flax from New Flora Mod.
- Toolsmith makes vanilla tools and Hardened tools.
- Storage 1x1+1 / 1200 storage
- and a cover 1x1 for your Workplace
- House, storage and cover have 4 different textures on f-key
- Fences and Gates in 4 different colors
- Added Black & White Cattle in zip-file, to get some milk;   if you don't use RedKetchup's or CC cows.

@kralyerg
---- Mini Buildings - http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/files/file/30-mini-buildings/
Mini Wood Cutter (Mini Wood Cutter is the same model as the Wood Chopper included in CC)
Mini Hunters Lodge (Radius 15)
Mini Gatherers Hut (Radius 15)
Mini Forester (Radius 15)
Mini Fisherman (Radius 10)
Mini Workshop (The Workshop can build either Iron Tools or Hide Coats)
Mini School (5 Students)
Mini Herbalist (Radius 15)
Mini Trading Post
Mini Town Hall
Mini Food Market (radius 15)
Mini Hospital (5 attendance)
Mini House
Mini Storage
Mini Chapel

@RedKetchup
Red has an abundant of indi mods available, the best thing to do is go to the mods download section, sort by modder and go through and pick them all out, the only reason I haven't listed any of his here is because he has done a lot of single releases, and they are all there for downloading.  And also because he is in the thread chatting with you already :D

---------
There are many other mods out there, and I would also suggest looking at @Necora Maritimes Pine Set, http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=233 which also has civic buildings, including hospital & church etc; @kid1293 Forest Outpost http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=202 and so on

You will find many mods on this forum that you can work with others, where they 'fit into place', and they look terrific, and they don't have big file sizes, and ingame they don't lag.
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

twilightbreeze

Thanks for the list, I'll check it out.   :)
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 13, 2017, 09:11:36 PM
... the vanilla hospital attract citizens, and when there is a sick citizen inside, it is spreading the infection alot more easily. So the order was just to delete that "attraction" so when you have a sick citizens, the infections are more in "control"

Haha is that really so? Then I have to remove this damn happiness function too...

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on June 14, 2017, 12:16:52 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on June 13, 2017, 09:11:36 PM
... the vanilla hospital attract citizens, and when there is a sick citizen inside, it is spreading the infection alot more easily. So the order was just to delete that "attraction" so when you have a sick citizens, the infections are more in "control"

Haha is that really so? Then I have to remove this damn happiness function too...

lol yeah ^^

HappinessDescription happiness
{
   HappinessType _happinessType = Health;
   bool _requireWorker = true;
   int _idleRange = 5;
}

RadiusDescription radius
{
   int _radius = 30;
}

every idlers 30 tiles around will be attracted and go stand within 5 tiles around the hospital ^^ and you know how infections works.... someone near of X tiles of the infected has a chance to get the disease ^^ and you always have idlers no matter what in every games :) children are permanent idlers ^^

Tom Sawyer

I see. So they go idling there to get no happiness but infection.^^

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on June 14, 2017, 12:36:44 AM
I see. So they go idling there to get no happiness but infection.^^

yup thats a bad trick & threat from Luke ^^