News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Small Village: Production (v1.1.1 - updated 25 Jul 2019)

Started by Discrepancy, April 03, 2017, 04:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

A modular part of DS Small Village, adding many kinds of production resources and buildings.

DS Small Village: Production
v1.1.1  -  20190725 (25rd July 2019)

adding:
- Village Crop Field -- alternate texture & smaller and larger placement than vanilla field.
- Village Orchard -- vanilla 2x3 spacing, semi-transparen & smaller and larger placement than vanillat
- Village Orchard, tight -- 2x2 spacing, semi-transparent & smaller and larger placement than vanilla
- Village Orchard, large -- 3x4 spacing, semi-transparent, when tended, has a higher growth rate, also disease is less severe. & smaller and larger placement than vanilla
- Village Pasture, fenceless -- semi-transparent ground, smaller and larger placement than vanilla
- Village Pasture, log fence -- semi-transparent ground, larger placement than vanilla
- Gather Food with Basket -- small 1 gatherer work location
- Gather Acorns with Basket -- small 1 gatherer work location to 'gather' acorns, using a supply of baskets
- Gather Herbs with Basket -- small 1 herbalist work location, to gather herbs only
- Village Forest Food Gathering -- Small Gatherers Hut, 3 different radius builds
- Waterside Fishing -- small 1 fisherman work location
- Village Fishing Dock -- 1-5 fisherman, radius 21
- Village Water Pump -- 1-2 workers produce water
- Village Bee Shelters -- beekeepers harvest honey, comb honey, beeswax & royal jelly
- Village Windmill -- 1-2 millers process grains into flour
- Hunt with Hunting Gear -- small 1 hunter work location, double kills per month
- Village Hunting Cabin -- 1-3 hunters, 34 radius
- Village Gruel Kitchen -- employs a worker to produce gruel
- Village Kitchen -- employs a worker to produce a range of meals
- Village Bakery -- employs a baker to bake bannocks, bread, cakes & meat pies

- Village Firewood Yard -- 1-2 woodcutters
- Village Forester -- employs 1-4 foresters, 30 radius
- Small Workshop -- 1 worker: iron tools, hide coat, gathering baskets, fishing and hunting gear
- Village Workshop -- 1 blacksmith: iron tools, gathering baskets, fishing and hunting gear
- Village Blacksmith -- 1-2 blacksmiths: iron tools, steel tools, hardened tools, fishing and hunting gear
- Village Tailor -- 1-2 Tailors: Hide Coats, Wool Coats, Winter Coats, Canvas Coats
- Weaving Guild -- 1-3 Tailors: Canvas, Linen, Canvas Coats, Winter Coats
- Village Flag Maker -- 1 Tailor make Flags -- usage not fully implemented yet
- Village Candle Maker -- 1 Chandler uses Beeswax to make Candles and Ear Candles
- Village Flag Pole -- decorative, usage not fully implemented yet

Crops: Brussels Sprouts, Hemp Plant, Horn Carrots, Lentils, Flax
Resources: Acorns, Bannock, Barley, Beeswax, Bread, Brussels Sprouts, Cake, Candles, Canvas, Canvas Coat, Charcoal, Comb Honey, Copper, Copper Tool, Ear Candles, Fisherman's Catch, Flag, Flax, Flour, Gathering Basket, Gruel, Hardened Tool, Hemp, Honey, Horn Carrots, Hunter's Stew, Lentils, Linen, Mead, Mollusc, Mulled Mead, Mushroom Soup, Oat, Royal Jelly, Tools:Fisherman, Tools:Hunter, Tools:Stonemason, Vegetable Stew, Wagon Parts, Water, Wild Honey, Wild Oats.

thanks and credit goes to: elemental, tanypredator, kralyerg & BlackLiquid, RedKetchup, Kid1293, Necora, Gatherer, Tom Sawyer, Paeng and many more for resources, sprites, ideas, production numbers, source-code help, testing, as well as all the sharing of modding and 3d knowledge.

Download from here.

Change Log:

v1.1.1     - improvement update   -- 20190725  |  .zip = 39.6mb (40,614kb)   .pkm = 66.6mb (68,209kb)
        - added 2nd texture jetty variant to the Village Fishing Dock.
        - fixed incorrect resource limit assigned and wrong resource spinner in the Acorn Gatherer.
        - added option to make Tools:Hunter and Tools:Fisherman from Copper at blacksmiths.
        - altered production costs to match DS Industry Mining BETAv.03.
        - altered resource files to match DS Industry Mining BETAv.03.

v1.1      - major update   -- 20190723  |  .zip = 37.6mb (35,598kb)   .pkm = 63.3mb (64,882kb)
        - restructure & partial re-write of mod, not save-game compatible with earlier versions.
        - adjusted toolbar locations and icons.
        - improvements to building UI panels.
        - various resource model improvements & updates.
        - texture improvements.
        - removed cotton and cloth from the mod.
        - added missing footprints.
        - changes to most production recipes and work required and times variables.
        - Acorns are now flagged as 'Aged/Stored/Warehoused goods' (custom9).
        - added Copper (trade) and Copper Tools.
        - added Tools:Stonemason, Wagon Parts.
        - added new radius decals.
        - added Village Pasture, log fenced.
        - made alterations to the following standard (vanilla) game template files in line with DS Industry Mining:
                 Quarry, consumeproduce and storage updated to reflect usage of new stonemason tools,
                 CutterYard, worker count increased to 2 workers but a slower speed penalty.
                 Tunnel, changed in build cost with the addition of 1 Candle per tile.
                 Tailor, consumeproduce increasing wool coat production cost.
                 Deer, Cows and Sheep now drop Tallow.

v1.0.1   - important update   -- 20180111
          - fixed issue causing a crash with vanilla Trading Post.
          - fixed issue of the Village Windmill not accepting Hemp.
          - added Remove buttons to the single gathering, fishing and hunting spots.
          - updates to DStoolbar.

v1.0      - first v1.0 release   -- 20171217
          - profession file name changes.
          - edited Water Pump model and the water material.
          - added 2 styles of decorative flags to the game.

BETA  3  - beta update   -- 20170515
          - adjusts rawmaterial file names of Candles (now RawMaterialCandle), Hemp (now RawMaterialHempLeaf) and Bannocks (now RawMaterialBreadHardtack) to be compatible with CC resources.
          - adds the generic Molluscs (RawMaterialMollusc), a trade item from DS Jetty & Bridge.
          - removes all of the rawmaterial 'fishmonger' fish & unique molluscs.
          - Hemp plant model poly reduction.
          - adjustments to production numbers of village kitchen, gruel kitchen & bakery recipes / tailor & weaver recipes.
          - increased production rate of Comb Honey.
          - lowered cost of producing Candles & Ear Candles.
          - single worker buildings (gatherers, hunter, fisher) now cost 1 work to build.
          - tight orchard now has even higher increased chance of disease and spread.
          - large orchard has increased better growth when tended.
          - slowed production of firewood yards.
          - added water to the water pump model (thanks to Gatherer for how to do this).
          - fixed issues with this mod causing some professions to double in UI.
          - altered types of professions working in buildings.

BETA  2  - beta update   -- 20170412
          - adds 2 new buildings: Village Forester, Village Bakery
          - adds 4 new resources: RawMaterialBannock, RawMaterialBread, RawMaterialNMCake, RawMaterialMeatPie
          - changes to the tailor and weaving guild production
          - AO fixes, texture fixes, UI fixes, occasional crash with village kitchen fixed

BETA  1  - initial beta release   -- 20170403

adelegarland

8) This is a great addition!   Lots of work, Thanks!   Any known incompatibilities?
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Turis

Just test it. Report any bugs and/or dislikes. I'm going to find out if it works or not with the North mod. *crosses his fingers*

Paeng

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Manabloom

it crashed twice on me when combined with Medieval Town and other smaller mods that offers similar production tree

Settler

Wow this looks great. I've played it a little today with CC and several other mods, and it seems to be working fine.

Discrepancy

Quote from: Manabloom on April 03, 2017, 06:04:24 PM
it crashed twice on me when combined with Medieval Town and other smaller mods that offers similar production tree
Hello Manabloom, could you please tell me what other mods you are using, and order? and also when did the crash happen? start of game, or when clicking on a certain building?

I myself have spotted a few issues that escaped me:

The Village Blacksmith's smoke/flame point is no longer correctly aligned and is now in the middle of the model.
When used with the DSSV Services mod the Village Hall AO is showing incorrectly because of shared texture resources - this will be an issue that will be rectified in that mod.
Missing Work sprites in the Waterside Fishing spots.

any more?

... I also think I may have under-powered the Water Pump too much.

Turis

Excellent mod, @Discrepancy . Unfortunately, playing the North mod is hard as it is to add extra stuff to gather or hunt. It's just easier to disregard these and keep playing with the features provided by Tom sawyer's mod. Besides, I'm not going to ask every modder to add rheindeer hide or iron ore into their mods. ;)

Paeng

Just did a round with the beta plus all your mods, but no other mods (yet)...

Runs really nice, just a few very minor things and comments -

* townhall - graphic glitch (turns black on rotation) (iirc you mentioned that)
* fisherman's catch - missing icon in inventory (townhall)
* hemp - lovely crop, pretty heavy on polys though (but should be only a problem if one builds plenty on a map)  ;)
* crafted goods - jetty general merchant does not seem to get them into port?
* gear-equipped gatherers, hunters etc. are really hard to find in a forest LOL
* all the gear has really different numbers (rate of production), any reason?
e.g. fishing gear I quickly have 1000, hunting gear less, baskets much less... with baskets needing to be replaced, shouldn`t that be the same for all?
* canvas coats seem to be pretty cheap (high output)
* Waterpump - personally I don't find the output too low...

I guess the building upgrades announced in some of the tooltips are not yet there?

Now to add some mods...  ;)

EDIT

Oh, and we have a new mill and new grain (acorn)... but no baker?  :)

adelegarland

Loving this mod!    ;D ;D
Issue with the gather acorns with basket person.   when I placed him on the terrain, the pop-up for it where it says number of workers...  the amount of workers shown is the amount of builders, not workers.  Either the building is still building, or the pop-up is using the wrong number. I haven't made any baskets yet, so maybe there is the problem?  Waiting for Hemp.   
But so far so good - Love it!
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Paeng

Quote from: adelegarland on April 04, 2017, 11:46:42 AMthe pop-up for it where it says number of workers...  the amount of workers shown is the amount of builders, not workers.

Hmmm... I stumbled over that too - but thought it's on purpose, to kinda simplify the UI  :-[
* it's the same on the other basket gatherer, too...

Disc? (see attached)  :)

RedKetchup

this is because the UI part of show status isnt "assign" to the good "String _insertAt" or the DialogController is messing up :P
it has something like :
         String _insertAt = "userTitle2";
         DialogControllerConfig _config = "CropField.rsc:titleBuildStatus";   

this error comes from the vanilla gatherers, foresters buildings. they are usually there but the other side , to the right. and not in the title bar as should be

and probably , you have 2 of those.

if you have copied from gather/forester.....

find both of the          ObjectType _type = StatusIconUI;

the first one put a // in front of          DialogControllerConfig _config = "CropField.rsc:titleBuildStatus";   
and delete the 2nd one or put between /* and */

like :

{
ObjectType _type = StatusIconUI;
ElementDescription _element = "Dialog/Building.rsc:icons";
String _insertAt = "userTitle2";
//DialogControllerConfig _config = "CropField.rsc:titleBuildStatus";
}
/*{
ObjectType _type = StatusIconUI;
ElementDescription _element = "Dialog/Building.rsc:icons";
String _insertAt = "userButton3";
}*/

i dont think the dialogController has a significative part to play and would bug out. but to be tested
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Manabloom

Quote from: Discrepancy on April 04, 2017, 12:04:26 AM
Quote from: Manabloom on April 03, 2017, 06:04:24 PM

Hello Manabloom, could you please tell me what other mods you are using, and order? and also when did the crash happen? start of game, or when clicking on a certain building?

I don't have a consistent time, it doesn't immediately crash after I place anything from this set.   

Paeng

Started adding mods, 1 by 1...

Had not built much, just a village well, a barn, sheep pasture... added EBWell, worked... then EBSaltworks - crash...

Also, apparently the Village Production set needs to be on top of other DS mods, else we get that empty menu bubble...

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on April 05, 2017, 05:16:53 AM
Started adding mods, 1 by 1...

Had not built much, just a village well, a barn, sheep pasture... added EBWell, worked... then EBSaltworks - crash...

Also, apparently the Village Production set needs to be on top of other DS mods, else we get that empty menu bubble...

so when you added salt it crashed ?
what is the flag of salt ? it is stored in barns or stockpile ? (because usually my salt was stored in barns and has no graphic files to be stored in an open view stockpile)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .