News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Out of this World

Started by Abandoned, March 03, 2021, 07:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

@kid1293 and I are looking for thoughts on @taniu 's suggestion that the magic portal in new mod being test, Kid Fairy Garden (see blog Shamrock Glen story 66) could lead to another world.  Mining mod?  Survival mod?  Any interest?

Limitations of game itself seems to make that not possible since every map has trees & water but I am wonder if something could be done.  :-\

@kid1293 is there anyway to change river water color?

kid1293

;D Probably possible to change the water. I haven't tried.

Abandoned

hmmm -  with ice colored (we have icebergs) or lava colored there could be another world  ;D  hmm  no riverboat trader  :o  must survive with no trade  :-\

taniu

a good start - that's how I thought about a self-sufficient village, or we can add here with a grain of salt - Portal, bannies that would not be nailed by boat but through the Portal? also trader and Normans? Can it be done this way? Maybe someone else has  idea?

Abandoned

Nothing can come through the portal, it is deco and is a nomad attractor.  I don't think there is any way to stop a river boat from entering the map. 

RedKetchup

there is no way to make a trader thing outside the trader boat. the developper made great things, but also made very shitty parts. he never responded to my demande of allowing us to make some things different (like ground merchants). he said : no.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

banishedsanni

But there a traders like the native trader or the wagons in the choo choo mod - so u can use a portal or a summoning circle or whatever to make trading possible this way?

Abandoned

I remember requests to Luke before last update, it would have been nice to have been able to trade for seeds on land.

There are ways to be self-sufficient and yes, a few different on land traders that would help,  the large cave in  Kid Forge of Dwarves is made to seem as if items are being brought from an underground settlement.  Making a trader like the trading post would be huge undertaking if possible at all - hundreds of lines in the menu.

But there is no way to get rid of the river.  If water could be changed to look frozen or like lava or rock, if player builds a trading post the riverboat would still come  :o wood boat in ice or lava  :o  There would have to be a way to stop river boat from entering the map. 

RedKetchup

Quote from: banishedsanni on March 04, 2021, 05:27:42 AM
But there a traders like the native trader or the wagons in the choo choo mod - so u can use a portal or a summoning circle or whatever to make trading possible this way?

they are not really a trader. it is the same as taking iron and making a tool. it is just the choice we gave that made it look like a trader. take this and give that (take cabbage and give gold coins).
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

banishedsanni

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 04, 2021, 06:07:47 AM
they are not really a trader. it is the same as taking iron and making a tool. it is just the choice we gave that made it look like a trader. take this and give that (take cabbage and give gold coins).

But it does its job :D

banishedsanni

Is it possible to remove the water?
I could imagen a map on mars where there is no water (only via wells). If you can too change the look of the trader and make em look like .. somekind of vehicle that brings supplies from another mars station. Maybe a low flying shuttle XD or a scifi looking cargo vehicle.

Or antarktis theme: river is frozen and the trader is a dog sled or an icebreaker ship, helicopter etc

Abandoned

It is not possible to remove the main river and there is no way to change the appearance of the river boat.  If there was a way to stop boat from coming (if trader is built) maybe a deco piece like a rug could cover it- not sure that is possible.

We have an arctic theme with all snow, ice cave houses, icebergs on river, dog sleds, and polar bears:

Kid Ice Castle  http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=588

and story : Ice Mountain Nature Preserve  http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3603.0

I built no trader but have a supply dock from mod, and deco boat from Kid Some Boats that looks like it can handle icy water.  Also Shipwrecks  ;D

banishedsanni

U maybe cant remove the river but u maybe can make the river water look transparent or like someone said like lava?

kid1293

Set the boat to come after 10000 years. that should do it.

Abandoned

oh, is that set as override on map?  That would solve one problem.  hmmm  :)